“Consistency” 4 of 5 stars
Review of the runnymede-on-thames

You added the runnymede-on-thames to your Saves list
the runnymede-on-thames
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
“Consistency”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

We return year after year. A busy atmospheric family Sunday lunch venue.
With the exception of having to ask for a refresh of the dessert selections our overall experience was enjoyable. Good selection of starters with the added bonus of a buffet in that those with healthy hearty appetites can return for seconds.
In fact I had two starters skipped a main and went for desserts and found this still good value.
Of course the added bonus of taking a stroll along the river just outside the hotel is a plus too.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Runnymede_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at the runnymede-on-thames, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for your feedback and I am pleased that you enjoyed the Leftbank’s riverside location and found it to be good value, particularly enjoying the starter and dessert selection. I have passed your feedback onto all the team and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Craig Spencer
Resident / Guest Relations Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

My husband and I went here to celebrate our 25th Wedding Anniversary. It is a lovely location sitting right on the banks of the river which allows you to take walks upstream or downstream. We were lucky with the weather which meant we could sit out on the terrace and enjoy the view and the sun. Dinner in the Left Bank Restaurant is a Buffet Meal and is only good value if you are not vegetarian which I am. I found the vegetarian options rather limited and bland.

Can't fault the hotel itself, spotlessly clean and staff very courteous and helpful. Great location as Windsor Castle is only 15 mins drive away. Do come with a lot of change for parking though. Free parking (even at weekends) is non-existent in Windsor.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time here at the runnymede-on-thames on the occasion of your silver wedding anniversary and particularly liked our location. However, I am sorry you found the vegetarian options bland as we do endeavour to ensure that our salad / tapas and vegetarian selection is particularly flavoursome and innovative and that there is a good choice on the hot buffet. I have passed on your comments to the Head Chef for review. Meanwhile, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

We didn't get to see much of it, but the room and breakfast were great. Staff very helpful - they even charged my phone for me, checked me in on my flight and called us a cab.

The place is very nice - there is a really loud river nearby but you do not hear it inside. And they have a private jetty and boats for hire. Wish I'd been staying!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. It is a pity you could not have spent longer here but I’m glad you liked what you saw. For future information we hire the boats from Easter until the end of September each year for residents and non-residents so hopefully we will see you soon!
Luxembourg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Stayed here for a long weekend in September 2012. Ample parking, fast check-in. Rooms were a bit on the small side, but adequate. Bathroom tidy. Nice view from riverside rooms. Service in restaurants friendly and quick, especially in the lounge and at the breakfast buffet. Dined at the Lock as well (twice), the food was OK, but couldn't have managed a third time due to lack of choice on the menu. But they have daily specials. Location is convenient with short distance to Heathrow and just a short drive to Windsor, if you feel like sightseeing. Will probably stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Runnymede_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at the runnymede-on-thames, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you for your feedback and I am glad that you enjoyed your visit to the hotel. I have passed your kind feedback onto the team about their friendliness so they can see how much their efforts are appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon.
Cuckfield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Lovely hotel in great location. Just 2 issues and they were; service on the terrace for lunch was extremely slow. In the end I went to bar myself and was told it was table service. I pointed out not enough staff and wanted to serve myself. Staff are great but just not enough of them.

Secondly dinner menu in the Locks Kitchen was more like a gatsro pub selection than 4 star hotel.

Probably would go back but eat out for lunch and dinner

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Runnymede_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at the runnymede-on-thames, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank you for your feedback and I am glad that you thought the hotel was ‘lovely’ in a ‘great location’. I am however sorry that it seemed that there were not enough team members on the terrace to serve you; I have passed this feedback onto the Lounge Manager; for her follow up. I think the unexpected sunny day took us a little by surprise on that day – our apologies. We do normally receive very positive feedback on the food, informality of the style of service and food offering in the Lock Bar and Kitchen. We altered the restaurant last year as a result of customer feedback, the majority of which found the previous, more formal style restaurant not to their liking, but I am sorry the new concept is not to your preference. You may wish to try our Leftbank Restaurant on your next visit which may be more to your liking.
We look forward to welcoming you back.
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I stayed at this hotel with my three children when we went for a short break to vist Legoland and Chessington.
Its an excellent hotel, great food choices, we are all vegetarian and the chef was very helpful in preparing vegetarian choices.
Beautiful location, we ordered a picnic and hired a small boat from the hotel and went sailing alond the thames!!
Rooms are very comfortable and the indoor pool was great, outdoor pool also had lifeguards on, however we stayed in the indoor pool.
The spa was also amazing, my three children actually went and booked a treatment as a surprise thak you for booking such a lovely hotel. Which was a nice surprise, my children sat having a hot chocolate whilst i had my nails manicured!!!

Will definetly visit again.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Runnymede_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at the runnymede-on-thames, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you for your feedback and I am glad that you and your family had a lovely time with us during your visits to Legoland and Chessington. I am also pleased that you made use of our electric boat and enjoyed your sail along the Thames with a picnic.
It is also great to see that your children appreciate their mum and that you were treated to a manicure!
We look for forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Devon, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

We just had a fantastic weekend at The Runnymede, everything was perfect, the location of this hotel is beautiful, sat by the river on Saturday with a nice beer so relaxing, the room was very nice with a view of the Thames, and the bed Oh! so comfortable, breakfast everything you could want and more, the staff were so nice and friendly, I could just go on and on, but best thing you readers can do is go and try it, if you are wanting a weekend away they do a really good offer for two nights B & B plus help yourself buffet on your night of arrival.

Room Tip: We booked a Thames View Room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Runnymede_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at the runnymede-on-thames, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you for your feedback and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I have passed on your kind comments about the hotel and the team to everyone so that they can see how much their efforts are appreciated. It is good to see that you can’t wait for the next visit’ and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Resident / Guest Relations Manager

Been to the runnymede-on-thames? Share your experiences!