“Great service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Savill Court Hotel & Spa

You added Savill Court Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
Savill Court Hotel & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Bishopsgate | Windsor Great Park, Egham TW20 0XN, England   |
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Egham
Milan, Italy
“Great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

The hotel is very nice and perfectly renovated. Food is good (given british standard), breakfast could be better (not many options). The rooms are large and new. I really slept very well. Service is really fantastic, all the staff is really willing to help. Courtesy fruit, chocolate, patisserie and drinks in the room. I also found a welcome card hand written to my attention by the hotel manager. I enjoyed staying here.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
ops_Savillcourt, Guest Relations Manager at Savill Court Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear Chimborazo
Thank you for your feedback, it was our great pleasure to welcome you. I will be delighted to pass on your kind comments to our service teams.
Please do let me know when you wish to return in the future and I will make a booking for you personally.
Guest Services.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Had a very nice two night stay here - staff were all excellent particularly in the restaurant.

Rooms were nice but fairly small - especially the bathroom and the shower was really quite small, to the point where it was actually a bit of a faff to use. Good luck if you're a 'larger' person.

Food was excellent, breakfast was a buffet one but probably the best one of these I'd ever had - food was all really fresh and lots of variety. Evening meal was great as well and the staff here were great, that good balance between helpful and friendly without being overbearing.

Location is great as well, only a 5 min walk from Windsor Great Park and a 20 min drive into Windsor.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
ops_Savillcourt, Guest Relations Manager at Savill Court Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear DarrenW94
Thank you for your feedback, we will be delighted to pass on your comments to our chefs and service teams.
It was our great pleasure to welcome you and we hope to welcome you again soon.
Please do contact me and I will make a reservation for you personally.
Thank you for choosing Savill Court at Windsor Great Park.
Northants
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one evening with my two 12 year old nieces. We had a great time everything was excellent. The range of facilities were perfect for us. The highlight was dinner. The gentleman in charge of the restaurant was fantastic with the girls. One is very fussy and he tried to encourage her to try different things in a fun way. They laughed so much and it made them want to come back. What was so good was he did this whilst being very professional. Too often in quite grand hotels children find the restaurant a bit intimidating and they feel uncomfortable. This was a perfect balance.
All the staff were brilliant but again friendly but professional. Would we stay there again - can't wait!! The girls are begging me to book for a longer break in the future.

• Stayed October 2013
ops_Savillcourt, Guest Relations Manager at Savill Court Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Lucky-peggy
Thank you very much for your review, we are delighted that you had a great stay with us at Savill Court.
It is my pleasure to pass on your appreciation to our restaurant and service teams and we will look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Please do contact me and I will make a reservation for you personally.
Thank you once again for choosing Savill Court at Windsor Great Park.
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Just returned from a lovely weekend at The Saville Court.
Check-in/desk staff were the stars and really made our stay SO much better. Having said that all staff were extremely friendly and helpful.
Our room and indeed the whole hotel was scrupulously clean.
Restaurant staff were so kind and a great help when it came to our wine selections. The food was outstanding.
The location was ideal for trips into Windsor and for the Great Park which is so lovely.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone who appreciates quality and good service.
Thank you to all staff! Marice and Mark

Room Tip: Garden rooms were very quiet
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Marice and Mark,
Thank you for your great feedback, I will be delighted to pass on your kind comments to our service teams in housekeeping, reception , kitchen and the restaurant.
We hope to welcome you again soon and I will be delighted to make a reservation for you personally.
Please do not hesitate to contact me and I will be delighted to make you booking for you personally.
Thank you for choosing Savill Court.
Yours Sincerely
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

The Feature Room we were appointed was over the hotel entrance - great size room with triple aspect, tall stone framed windows. Room, bathroom and dressing area were clean with decent furniture - all in all a far cry from the impersonal rooms on offer at Heathrow. We didn't get round to trying out either the spa (included in the price) or restaurant but room service was punctual and the food (dinner and breakfast) were excellent. All staff we came into contact with were attentive and thoughtful. The location was perfect for on-going journeys to Heathrow (20 min) and central London (via Egham station 7 mins). Nice touches such as chocolates and wine in the room really made for a wonderful stay - highly recommended.

Room Tip: There are three Feature Rooms at the hotel, two four poster rooms and the room we stayed at. You can...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Butterfield8London
Thank you for your kind feedback, it was our great pleasure to welcome you to Windsor Great Park.
I will pass on your positive feedback to our housekeeping, breakfast and room service teams.
We hope to welcome you again soon and thank you for choosing Savill Court; please contact me regarding your next reservation I will be delighted to assist you.
nottingham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Very good hotel with friendly efficient staff. Great Location,Great food. Single room very well appointed but a little enclosed. Bed against the wall made it feel closed in, not ideal for a good nights sleep. Conference in the Great Hall had 'iffy' acoustics depending where you were seated gave you the best opportunity to hear the speakers even with p.a.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
ops_Savillcourt, Guest Relations Manager at Savill Court Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Johntee
Thank you for your feedback, it was our great pleasure to host your event and we hope to welcome you again soon. I will be delighted to pass on your kind comments to our service and housekeeping teams. We will take all of your feedback on board.
Please do not hesitate to contact me and I will make your next reservation for you personally.
Yours Sincerely
Swansea, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I recently attended a wedding function at this venue and stayed overnight.
Initial impressions from outside were great but the overall experience was below average to poor.
The room was fine. Compact would be a good description. I could only get a phone signal (Orange network) by almost hanging out of the window so bear this in mind if mobile access is important to you. My room was clean enough but one of our party found toe nail clippings on her room's floor suggesting the vacuum cleaning wasn't the best.
The wedding was lovely, food excellent (though I'm told the catering was by an outside company).
Unfortunately, even though the evening 'do' was finishing at midnight, the glasses were ALL collected by 11:30! Even people who had full glasses of wine they'd bought from the bar and for which they'd paid £8+ found the glasses gone when they returned from the toilet or dance floor. People were reduced to drinking orange juice from the bottles. One of our party asked for a glass, as she doesn't like 'swigging from a bottle', and was told she could go home to fetch one! Service, if you can call it that, that was amongst the worst I've ever experienced.

Breakfast service the following morning was also a bit of a battle. My friend and I had been seated at a table for 4 as we were being joined by 2 more of our party. When they arrived they were told wedding guests had to sit in another part of the breakfast area and weren't allowed to join us. Apparently we had sat in the area reserved for "paying guests" (I thought we were all paying guests. (The rooms certainly weren't free!)
This all happened when we were the only people actually having breakfast and all seemed very petty and pedantic. I was reminded of an episode of Fawlty Towers where Manuel keeps moving people because they are sitting at the wrong table!
To end on a positive the breakfast itself was really good and gets the Value rating up from poor to average.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Lindaproy,
Thank you for your feedback, we are sorry that you were dissapointed with some aspects of your stay with us at Savill Court.
I will discuss the issues you have raised with the specialist catering company who ran the wedding you attended. Please accept my sincere apology for the lapses in service you encountered. I will ensure that your comments will be addressed.
I have looked into your comments regarding seating arrangements at Breakfast time, we often provide a private area for wedding guests at breakfast and I wish to apologise that this was not communicated to you correctly.
We hope to welcome you again in the future, we would be delighted to ensure that we meet all of your expectations in the future.
Please do not hesitate to contact me and I will make a reservation for you personally.
Guest Services.

Been to Savill Court Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!