My husband and I stayed at Lough Erne for two nights recently for a mini-getaway. The resort is very scenic and the hotel decor is of a high standard. The breakfast was very good, nice menu choices, with excellent service. We ate in the Catalina restaurant one night and I thought the food was fantastic, although the dessert wasn't on par with the starter and main course. We ate in the clubhouse another night, my husband thought his steak was overpriced for what he got but the meal was enjoyable nontheless and again the service was very good.
The leisure facilities are also good, the pool and changing area were spotless and well equipped. I have visited the spa on a previous visit and I really enjoyed my massage there.
Our only gripe is that the hotel doesn't seem to be geared up for warm weather, which is disappointing for a 7 year old 5* Hotel. I live 60 miles away from the hotel so I know that hot days are unusual around these parts, but there was no air conditioning in the room, the windows opened about half an inch and the desktop fan provided wasn't very powerful so the room was like an oven. Reception did arrange for 'summer' bedding to be put on which helped, as did a dip in the refreshingly cool pool, but going into a nice cool room on a hot summer day would have been fantastic. The common areas however are air conditioned - alongside roaring fires when it was tipping 28 celcius outside...
Also my husband commented that it would have been nice to have somewhere comfy to sit outside in the nice weather, the options were the grass or cast iron chairs so on our last day we didn't hang around for lunch/drinks and went home to sit in our own back garden :-)
I would definitely stay here again, in any season except summer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lough Erne Resort, Enniskillen, Co. Fermanagh, host venue to the G 8 Summit 2013 is the first AA and NITB Five Star Hotel in Northern Ireland and was awarded 'Best Hotel' at the 2011 Northern Ireland Tourism Awards. In 2010, it was awarded ‘Golf Resort of The Year’ by the Irish Golf Tour Operators Association. The Resort is the ultimate expression in old world heritage and new world luxury, set on its very own 600 acre peninsula, between Castle Hume Lough and Lower Lough Erne, just outside Enniskillen, with stunning panoramic views from almost every vantage point. This unique luxury Fermanagh hotel’s facilities include: •120 luxury Rooms and Suites•Two Championship Golf Courses including The Faldo Course, a Golf World & Golf Monthly Top 20 Course (UK & Ireland) and the Championship Castle Hume Course•Rory McIlroy has been its Touring Professional representing The Resort around the World•The Golf Academy, a state of the art Practice and Tuition centre•Authentic Thai Spa, with Thai Therapists using Thai Products and techniques•A variety of innovative Dining Experiences with menus composed by Award winning Chef, Noel McMeel. Including: The Catalina Restaurant, The Blaney Bar with an Exclusive collection of 101 Irish Whiskies; The Loughside Bar & Grill, a variety of Afternoon Teas in The Garden Hall and The Halfway House located behind the 9th Green of The Faldo Championship Course•6 Conference & Meeting Rooms•Cygnets The 'BIG' Experience for our younger guests (0-11 years)•One of Ireland’s most romantic Wedding Venues. All this combined with warm, friendly and attentive service make Lough Erne Resort one of the world’s most magical destinations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Lough Erne Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lough Erne Hotel Enniskillen
- Lough Erne Enniskillen
- Lough Erne Resort Enniskillen, Northern Ireland