“Always wonderful!!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Always wonderful!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I have stayed here on numerous occasions and have just returned from another wonderful weekend break.
The staff were fabulous, we were in a lodge adjacent to the front of the hotel and it was so so spacious!
Seperate bedroom and kitchen/dining living room that could easily have faclitated a family of four for meals easily!!
We had dinner in the catalina restaurant in the evening and lunch in the golf club during the day, both were fabulous!
Will be back for a fifth visit very soon!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
LoughErneResort, General Manager at Lough Erne Resort, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear "Highheeledlady"

It was great to have you back with us once again and thank you ever so much for taking the time to post such a positive review regarding your recent visit. I know I keep saying it, but the Lodges really are a wonderful accommodation choice, giving you the best of both worlds.
I am glad that you once again enjoyed your stay with us and that we lived up to your previous experiences.
Please do not hesitate to contact me personally if the opportunity should arise for you to return, where I can assure you of my personal attention.

With kind regard

Ferghal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
Northern Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We stayed over St Patricks weekend in a lodge at Lough Erne which was fantastic as three couples we all had our own double bedrooms and ensuites with living/kitchen/dining area. We ate in the Blaney bar and in the evening in the Loughside and the food on both occasions was 1st class. Our experience was made even better by the staff who all were so friendly and went out of there way to do anything they could to make it a lovely stay. The partners played the faldo course and were very impressed and had some tips from the pro! All in all worth a visit will be back very soon indeed.

Dear "Midge 80"

I am delighted that you and your friends enjoyed your stay recently in The Lodges here at Lough Erne. They really are ideal for groups of friends getting away together, especially when there is a round of golf thrown in to the mix.

Thank you for your very kind words, for taking the time to post these and we look forward to having you back with us again at some stage in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from a getaway in Lough Erne Resort. Fabulous food, good service and lovely surroundings - this hotel ticks all the boxes! We ate lunch in the bar which was tasty and reasonably priced. The dinner in the Catalina resteraunt was included in our package and was one of the highlights of our trip. Breakfast lived up to expectation with plenty on offer at the Buffett and a good choice of options cooked to order. Afternoon tea is also a real treat!! Lough Erne is very sucesssful at meeting five star standards without feeling too stuffy or pretentious. We didn't have the kids with us on this occasion but would consider returning as a family in the future. Unfortunately the Spa was under renovation during our stay but we were aware of this when we booked and its an excuse for us to return when it reopens! Would have no problem in recommending this hotel to anyone looking for a relaxing, luxurious getaway.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear " Cee K"

I am sure that the kids missed being here judging from your very gracious review of your recent visit to Lough Erne. It was great to see that you were able to enjoy all of our facilities, and I am delighted that you enjoyed everything.

The Spa has now opened since you were here, so I am sorry that you were not able to use this during your visit. It will give you a reason and excuse to come back.

Thank you once again, and I will be delighted to share your co0mpliments with the whole team.

Kind regards

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for a night for work and was accomodated in a lodge. The setting is marvellous. The country house feel of the hotel is lovely, open fires and dark wood. Dinner was delicious and the service attentive and efficient. Breakfast was equally good.

• Stayed March 2013
LoughErneResort, General Manager at Lough Erne Resort, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear "Wardenhodges"

I too love the Lodges, they remain the unsung hero of Lough Erne Resort. We are now having more and more requests for these as opposed to the hotel rooms, so I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay there.

Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review, and I do hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back again at some stage in the future.

Newtownards, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Just back from Lough Erne Resort, great hotel made special by the attitude of the staff.
This is our second time there and both times have been great.
Lough side Grill is worth visiting, good food at very reasonable price
Try afternoon tea!

Dear “Sfc 133"

It was great to have you back with us once again, and I am delighted that we lived up to experience of your previous stay.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know your thoughts, and I was especially delighted to note your recognition of the staff, they are the people who make Lough Erne what it is.

Moira, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed in both the loughside lodges and the main hotel. The setting is stunning in the heart of the fermanagh lakes. The main hotel is castle like in appearance and is very impressive looking. The reception area is very classy traditional with a lovely open fire with turf burning just to make you feel welcoming. Both hotel and lodges are of a high standard yet I personally prefer the lodges as the bathrooms are huge and stunning and the living area gives even more space. The pool is very good and changing facilities are excellent. I did not try the spa. Breakfast was very tasty with a great emphasis on local produce. I had a meal in the club house and it was nice enough but dont be expecting a big portion. I believe the main resturant is similar with small portions and you are encouraged to try a couple of food items. Food and beverages are expensive but then you expect this in a resort of this standard. I have had a four course steak Wedding dinner here and it was excellent. In fact this Venue for a Wedding was very good with great staff. I also played golf on the two golf courses. The older Castle hume course is just average however the Faldo course is certainly as good as any you will ever play and the drainage is the best I have seen. So bad weather will certainly not effect a golf trip to Lough Erne. The 1st time I stayed here it was a fortune but now it has become sensibly priced and I certainly would recommend you try this hotel at least once as it should not disapoint.

• Stayed September 2012
Dear "Simon D"

Thank you for your recent posting regarding your stay with us here at Lough Erne. You certainly appear to have availed of all that was on offer.

The Faldo Course really is a great course, we are spoilt in that we never lose it to rainfall, only ever to frost. I am delighted that you enjoyed the breakfast, Noel and his team do work hard on the local produce, and it is rewarding for us to see this recognised.

Thank you once again and we look forward to having you back with us again at some stage in the future, where if I can be of any assistance, do not hesitate to contact me personally.

Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Much about the Lough Erne Resort is excellent, but it's not quite the real thing. It's generic five star fare rather than an authentic Ulster meal. Recently constructed, it pretends to an earlier age and does so with great effect. The rooms are great, staff very good, food super, situation idyllic. In fact, if I was Macon Leary (see The Accidental Tourist) I'd have no complaints at all. But I'm hot Leary so I've three.
Having a library is a great idea and to dedicate it to Gordon Wilson is absolutely fantastic. So, why not put some decent books on the shelves? Readers Digest condensed books and some old(but not nearly old enough to be antique and interesting) encyclopaedias? surely not. There are some coffee table books around but they're just laughing at the stuff on the shelves. Why not put good local books on the shelves and either protect them from theft with microchips or sell them at reception and make a few quid? Anyone who goes into a library will want to browse the shelves, don't disappoint them. Or have a shelf or two of second hand paperbacks by local authors, gathered from local charity shops and have a donations box to send back to the charities Gordon Wilson would love it. And a library is the perfect place to do a wee bit of work, but only if the chairs are the right height for the desks!
My second quibble is, why have a 'full Irish breakfast', when you can have an Ulster Fry? Why settle for second best when you are in the perfect position to have the real McCoy. By the way, if you go for a bar meal in the evening, have two, they're pretty small.
Third quibble. The spa and pool were out of action when we were there but we were warned in advance and got a cheap rate so that's not the problem. What's a Thai spa doing in an Ulster hotel? Why not an Irish spa? There are plenty of them about and plenty of authentic approaches to healthy pampering.
So, Macon Leary, this is just the place for you.

Dear "UlsterFryNo1"

Thank you for your extremely kind words, and especially for telling me who Macon Leary was, I would have had to look him up. Thank you also for taking the time to touch base with me personally regarding the Library and in truth I do believe there is some merit in your point regarding the books on display. Indeed I have commissioned my Concierge liaise with the local library to see if there is any way that we can improve and enhance the offering.

As regards the Ulster Fry, I think that I might take it one step further and describe this as the Fermanagh Fry, it even has a nice ring to it. We work hard at sourcing local produce, so the new name would make sense.

However, the Thai Spa is unique, in the product that it offers, and those who carry out the treatments cannot be found elsewhere in Northern Ireland to my knowledge. At Lough Erne, it is about that little bit of difference, the individuality that will set us apart, which is why we love the Spa so much.

Thank you for staying with us, and for touching base personally once again.

Ferghal

Been to Lough Erne Resort? Share your experiences!