“Don't forget the basics” 4 of 5 stars

You added Lough Erne Resort to your Saves list
Lough Erne Resort
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Belleek Road, Enniskillen BT93 7ED, Northern Ireland   |
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Enniskillen
“Don't forget the basics”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

Enjoyed a two night stay at the Lough Erne. Beautiful setting, nice room and facilities. Really enjoyed the clubhouse and golf shop even though we are not golfers. The many pictures and memorabilia of Rory McIlroy are worth a trip in their own right. My only gripes were a mix up over our booking when we rang to say we might be late - although this seemed to be sorted upon our arrival - we had a concerned hour or two!! Another improvement is the range, quality and cost of room service on a Sunday evening. Nonetheless, nice staff, nice setting - would definitely stay there again

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
LoughErneResort, General Manager at Lough Erne Resort, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
Dear "Johnmorgandarcy"

Thank you for your positive review and indeed kind words.

I am not sure what caused the concern from our side, but I am delighted that we were able to sort this out on arrival. Indeed my apologies if we were the source of the concern.

Clearly a returning guest, THANK YOU, for co9ming back, and we look forward to having you back with us again at some stage in the future.

Ferghal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Spent a night in a Loughside Lodge . Accommodation was to the usual high standard , though some of the finer touches had disappeared from our previous stay 12 months before. Embroidered sumptuous slippers have been replaced with the standard cheap and cheerful ones in plastic wrap, no toothbrushes in room or fresh Orange Juice for breakfast, small details , but nevertheless not what you expect in a 5* Resort . Meal and Wine choice in the Catalina Restaurant made up for the minor disappointment . Would definitely return .

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear "Murphlet"

I am delighted that you returned to visit us, and equally that you enjoyed your stay.

Yes, I too miss the embroidered slippers, they were just impossible to re-order. I genuinely appreciate your comments in respect of attention to the finer detail, for I believe that is what sets us apart.

Thank you for your positive views, and I look forward to welcoming you back personally at some stage in the future.

County Donegal, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Had a 1 night break - which was way too short. It is just special from you walk in the door. We had wonderful dinner in the Catalina restuarant and had drinks after on the patio where we watched the most wonderful red sunset over the lake. Breakfast was excellent I had a melt in the mouth crepe to finish. Will definitely stay for longer next time.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear "Oileann"

You are correct, one night is never enough, especially when you are enjoying yourself. You clearly picked a nice night as well, which only added to the sense of occasion.

We are delighted that you enjoyed you stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review, and we look forward to having you back with us again at some stage in the future.

Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

After a bit of a hiccup on check-in which was quickly sorted by the manager more than satisfactorily, we then went on to enjoy a great hotel stay.

We had fantastic rooms (courtyard view) which were certainly 5 star standard.

The afternoon and evening was spent on the patio, with table service for drinks and a meal from the Blarney bar - more than reasonable for a 5 star hotel, overlooking the Castle Hume lough and the golfers playing the 18th.

Breakfast was stunning, and we then used the Thai Spa for swimming (me and my 3 year old) which although not olympic size exactly is great for a quick short dip.

Throughout, the service was absolutely top notch, and the walks around the resort beautiful. Can't wait to come back.

Room Tip: All are great.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear "Welshshrew"

Thank you for your very kind words, and I am delighted that you, your family and especially your three year old enjoyed your time with us.

It is lovely to overlook Castle Hume Lough, I just wish we had more of those days and evenings where we were able to serve you outside. I am delighted that you got to walk around the property, it really does give you a much better feel for the resort.

Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to having you back with us again at some stage in the future.

Enniskillen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

planning our wedding here and the building and surrounding area is just stunning. the event planner has been so helpful and accomodating and ive been nothing but impressed with the staff and service so far.

Room Tip: lodges are handy for families
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear "Sara M"

We are looking forward to help you plan one of the most important days in your life, and especially delighted that you chose to celebrate it with us here at Lough Erne Resort.

I know that the girls in events may have already told you, but nothing is ever too much trouble, and no question too silly and do not ever worry about calling over and over. It is why we are here.

Looking forward to catching up when you are next here.

Enniskillen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

On the 11th of August 2012 my son was married and had the wedding reception at the Lough Erne Resort. The location is a dream one for a wedding being on the shore of Lough Erne near Enniskillen in the outstandingly beautiful county of Fermangh. Also several of the guests stayed for varying numbers of nights in the hotel.
Firstly regarding the reception it was the hotel's Karen Bogue who we were dealing with. She was extremely professional and was most patient and painstaking in sorting out all our requests which were many and varied. Karen allowed us into the bar area and the dining room on the day before to set things up as we were supplying our own crockery for a vintage themed wedding. My son's father-in-law is a farmer and the hotel agreed to him supplying his own lamb which was cooked to perfection on the day. Non lamb eaters were given other choices. The entire meal, from appetisers to desserts, was delightful and was matched by the service. Chef Noel McMeel take a bow. From start to finish nothing was to much trouble for the staff to contend with and it would not be possible to detail it all here. The dining room for wedding receptions has a terrific view of the lake which adds to the experience.
Some our friends were accommodated in the hotel's lodges and others in guest rooms. The standard of comfort in either is really 5 star and leaves nothing to be desired. The resort's web site photographs can only hint at the luxury waiting for the weary traveller. Breakfast is an above average treat. I had a couple of well travelled cousins from New York over and can give a couple of instances of hotel staff going that important extra mile. Enjoying a bar lunch one day my cousin enquired wether they ever did champ ( an irish potato dish ). The reply ' no madam but let me see what I can do '. Five minutes later a little bowl of perfect irish champ arrived at the table. I had been telling them about the wonderful views from the resort golf course but one of the cousins, not being as mobile as he once was, had to decline the walk. I asked the porter would there be any chance of a golf buggy. Within five minutes he arrived with one and told us that there was no hurry on it's return. We had a most enjoyable spin around the miles of paths and made it back an hour and a quarter later. These are the sort of things that can turn a good holiday into a great one.
By the way a lot of our friends enjoyed golf on the Nick Faldo designed championship course to which Rory McElroy is affiliated. Unfortunately I didn't visit the spa but I'm told that it is up to the standard of the rest of the resort.
All in all a magnificent asset for Co. Fermanagh and Northern Ireland.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view of the lake
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear "Derek P"

I am delighted that everything went to plan, and especially that you, your family and all those who travelled, enjoyed the occasion of your sons wedding. There is no doubt that the level of planning and detail reflected itself in a fabulous day. I would be lying if I did not tell you I was extremely stressed over the beautiful china cups, I hope they all got home in one piece.

I have already passed on your very much appreciated words to Karen, The Chef and the whole team. I was especially6 pleased to see we paid attention to the little things and in some cases went that little bit further, it’s how things should be.

Thank you and your extended new family for having spent such an important occasion with us here at Lough Erne Resort.

Kind regards

UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

I recently had lunch at the bar and grill clubhouse restaurant and was completely underwhelmed! The food is ok but certainly nothing to write home about and the prices are ridiculous £6 for a trifle style dessert that my 7 year old could have made a better attempt at with very sloppy presentation. There were 2 male bar men who also seemed to be doing all the food service and whilst they were very plesent their lack of training was glaringly obvious - the fault for which must lie solely with the management. They had no knowledge of the wine list didn't know how to properly serve drinks at the table i.e ladies first and generally seemed very amateurish . Also the general housekeeping in the restaurant is poor, there are huge cobwebs hanging from the curtains and ceiling and the table was sticky where it had not been properly wiped. These are simply not the standards I expect in a 5* establishment, the training of staff is vital and with this hotel's recent problems I would have expected them to be striving to offer customers the best level of service.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
LoughErneResort, General Manager at Lough Erne Resort, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Dear "SarahBenson"

I was disappointed to note your comments regarding your recent experience at The Loughside Clubhouse.

Training is fundamental to the customer experience of any property, and please accept our apologies for not having delivered on these expectations during your recent lunch. I have reviewed the quality of the desserts with the Chef with a view towards ensuring that the presentation is reviewed and upgraded. Equally, I have taken on board your comments regarding the housekeeping standards.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know your thoughts, and I do hope that this experience will not deter you from visiting us again at some stage in the future.

Yours sincerely

Ferghal Purcell

Been to Lough Erne Resort? Share your experiences!