“What a beautiful place to visit!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 15 Attractions in Enniskillen
Type: Specialty Museums, Museums
More attraction details
Owner description: The Sheelin Lace Shop sells beautiful antique Irish Lace items including wedding gowns, veils, stoles, and handkerchiefs. We also sell vintage jewellery and tiaras.
WHITWORTH, LANCASHIRE, ENGLAND
12 attraction reviews
“What a beautiful place to visit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

This lady's collection of lace in her museum and objects for sale in the shop are great!
There is also a little cafe attached and the food there is great. Their merinques ate to die for! It is just off the main road, but well worth the detour. It would be difficult to get around in a wheelchair and I don't know if I would want to take my little nieces - they would want to touch and try on things!

Visited June 2012

San Francisco Bay Area
23 attraction reviews
“Disneyland for lace junkies”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

Last year I took a Clones Lace making class in Berkeley California and met up with my wonderful teacher Maire Treanor here in at the Sheelin Lace Museum and shop. This place will put you on overload. In addition to the beautiful examples of antique lace in the museum, there are wonderful pieces for sale. My husband purchased an amazing antique collar for me for my birthday which Maire helped me select. What a treat! If you love lace, this place is for you.

Award winning tea shop next door too.

Visited May 2012
Erie
21 attraction reviews
“not worth the time”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

This place has gorgeous lace on display & for sale, but I did not buy anything because of the cold reception I got from the employee. She stayed texting on her cell phone the whole time I was in there & when I asked why a certain huge piece of lace was for sale so inexpensively she got this attitude & said it was machine made. So I didn't spend my money there & won't be back. I only give it an average because of the beautiful lace.

Visited May 2012
Edinburgh
18 attraction reviews
“Small but interesting attraction.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

Although a lot smaller than I expected, there was a lot to see. It was good seeing antique lace and there was opportunities to buy things too.

Visited February 2012
Spain
10 attraction reviews
“A delightful trip into the past”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

For the most fascinating look at all manner of things lacy, this is a must visit. The exquisite workmanshipo is a thing to behold and you can take photos. There is a video showing some of the stitches used when making the designs, and in all a lovely look at creations worn in years past. All manner of things and materials are on display. A real treasure and delight.

Visited September 2011