“Fabulous hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 7 hotels in Enniskillen
Brisbane, Australia
“Fabulous hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2009

My teenage daughter and I had one lovely night at this hotel and wished we could have had longer. We had a ground floor lake view room which provided lovely views of Lough Erne in the evening. The room was very comfortable and looked very welcoming as we entered the room. We enjoyed the breakfast., and the view from the breakfast room. Unfortunately the cold and damp weather prevented us from exploring the paths near the Lough, but we did have a quick look. the staff were pleasant. we had a non smoking room, but were aware of the smell of smoke in the corridor, but not in the room which was the more important aspect. Unfortunately we didn't have time to enjoy the spa facilities. appreciated the availability of parking.
We enjoyed our stay and will return when we are next in Enniskillen.

The hotel was recommended to us by a staff member from a hotel we stayed at in Belfast and was an excellent recommendation

• Stayed January 2009

757 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
Northern Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2009

Just back from a short two night break in the Killyhevlin and what a relaxing time it turned out to be. Having booked direct with the hotel website I consider the 2 night B&B plus 1 dinner package of £79 per person to have been excellent value. The seasonal hamper on departure was also a nice touch. The food in the restaurant was excellent. Breakfast time was busy but unlike previous reviewers who mentioned the fact that they had to wait for and/or ask for tea & toast etc we never experienced any of those type of problems. Staff in all areas were friendly and approachable and especially so in Silks Restaurant where their professionalism was also particularly noticeable. Only one minor disappointment would have been the view from our room. Having paid extra for a lakeview room we were at the very end of the lake with the view somewhat obscured by the trees and the edge of the building. The room itself, however, was clean and comfortable and the bathroom was spotless. All-in-all a most enjoyable time. Worth a return visit.

• Liked — Excellent Food - Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Manager180, HR Manager at Killyhevlin Hotel, responded to this review, March 23, 2009
Dear "Green_Pea_8"

We were very glad to read about your great stay and how much you enjoyed it.

The hamper was a new idea which went down well with our guests - nice to have something to take home to remember us by.

It is so good to read that you had such positive experiences when dining at the different meal times. When people are here on a relaxing break, they don't want to be rushed at mealtimes, hence, we sometimes have everyone come at once at the last minute.
We are frequently complimented on the friendliness of our staff and about how helpful they are. Its good to have that reinforced.

The lakeviews are spectacular when the weather allows us to see them! The hotel is surrounded by natural, mature trees with grass lawns running down towards the jetty at the lakeside. Nature at it's best.

Cookstown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2009

My son and daughter in law had their wedding in this hotel and I cannot praise the staff, food, surroundings enough. Everyone made us feel so much at home and nothing was a bother to them. It was so good that 50% of the guests stayed for two nights and some even stayed a third night.
I would highly recommend this hotel to any young couple planning their wedding. On my second day there I spent a wonderful two hours in the beauty salon and again the staff were so lovely.... Thank you for making this such a memorable occasion for my family. Sheelagh K Cookstown

• Liked — Friendliness of staff and quality of food etc.
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dear "Member"

Very good of you to write such a pleasant review.
Its good to read that you and your daughter enjoyed your stay even if it was so short.
Maybe a return visit is in order now that the weather is picking up?
We do offer non-smoking rooms but do depend on the "honesty" of the resident not to smoke in them. Thankfully most guests respect this.
The Spa is a lovely luxury to have and while we recommend booking your treatment in advance of your arrival, it is sometimes possible to get a cancellation - a lovely treat.
We have a few walking routes available but as you say the damp and the cold can put off even the hardiest!
Hope to see you both returning soon

northern ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2009

My husband and I booked the Killyhevlin through the hotel's own website, taking advantage of their winter 2 night mid-week break deal, which included breakfast and dinner on one of the nights.

Upon arrival, we were extremely disappointed with the initial room given. It was old and tired, with worn, chipped furniture and not what was expected at all. The view was dreadful as well; however I had not been expecting a fantastic view as you've to pay £15 extra a night for a lough view and we had not opted to do this.
My husband went to reception and complained about the room and we were given another which was a vast improvement and like a different hotel altogether! It was new and modern with better furniture, nicer colour scheme and better bathroom.

The food at the hotel was wonderful - we really enjoyed the meal we had there and breakfast was great as well. We also made use of the spa, pool, gym, jacuzzi and hot tub and it was great to have these facilities as the weather was awful during our stay!

Overall we did enjoy our stay at the Killyhevlin but this would not have been the case had we ended up staying in the run-down first room. Hopefully the 'old' part of the hotel will be refurbished soon as well to bring it up the 4* quality of the rest of the hotel.

• Liked — The facilities provided and the great food
  • Disliked — The old part of the hotel with its run-down rooms
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dear "kerryjsmyth"

Thank you for your review. Good to read you enjoyed your stay and made use of our Health Club facilities and the weather does get better!
We are continually refurbishing areas of the hotel and take all commments regarding this in the positive fashion they are made.
We hope to welcome you back soon

belfast
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2009

After much research and consideration, I booked the Killyhevlin for a weekend break for my husbands birthday. The main reason for choosing the hotel was for the spa facilities, we both work very hard and were looking forward to a well deserved break. \when booking by phone, I was not advised to book the spa in advance, also I chose a superior room at an extra price. On arrival we were unable to avail of any spa treatments for the duration of our stay as the spa was fully booked and had a waiting list for cancellations! we were very disappointed and took ourselves off to the Lough Erne Golf Resort and Spa who were happy to accommodate in their excellent surroundings. Secondly, the superior bedroom had no bath only a shower which leaked all over the floor and seeped into the bedroom carpet, as I shower everyday, I was looking forward to a relaxing bath and considering this was a superior room I was expecting a choice. When I complained I was taken to the old part of the hotel which was very tired and was not prepared to pay the rate for the room. The food was very average, and considering the price I paid 165 pounds each for two bed and breakfast and one evening meal I was disappointed with the overall experience. On check out I was asked how I enjoyed my stay, when I explained the above I was not offered any apology or explanation. My next trip to Fermanagh will be to the lough erne golf resort and spa, having spent the afternoon there I was so impressed and not much difference in the price.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dear "nirishraveller"

Thank you for forwarding your opinion on our property.
Our sales people endeavour to inform all interested enquirers about the need to advance book spa appointments.
We offer a variety of room types and there is great opportunity to discuss these and make special requests, especially when making a telephone booking.
We have lots of delighted and loyal people of all ages who continue to return to the Killy to celebrate a range of family occasions.

Wishing you well and hoping you enjoy your return stay in County Fermanagh

dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2009

Stayed here recently and got a great rate directly from the Hotel.
The hotel is lovely and very close to Enniskillen town. The room was modern with all you would expect from same. The dinner was gorgeous included in the rate and we also eat there again the next evening of our stay. Breakfast was a bit hectic, having to ask for tea/toast, plates for breakfast and to replenish some items which ran short. There seemed to be plenty of staff but had no direction or unsure of what to do. Dinner was the opposite all staff very professional and it ran like clockwork.
The leisure centre again was great.
The staff at reception/restaurant and not to forget the bar was extremely friendly and helpful.
This is a lovely hotel and book the special offers as quick as you can. They cannot last forever.

• 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Dear " gardenvilla"

Thank you for taking the time to write such a pleasant review.
You obviously made took advantage of all our facilities and thoroughly enjoyed your stay.
Breakfast can be a bit mad - everyone wants a lie-in and everyone than arrives at once - usually in the last hour of service!
Glad you enjoyed our restaurant food: our menus change regularly and Chef uses localy sourced food to ensure quality .
I'll pass on your compliments to my colleagues.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Derry, N'Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2009

My Girlfriend took me here for my birthday last weekend. It was a lovely supprise, We had talked about going before, the leisure facilities looked really good..

Really nice hotel, Close to Enniskillen town centre, Room was modern, roomy, bed very comfy..

The leisure facilities were excellent, out door hot tub was a nice touch!

Best bit was prob the staff service, they couldnt do enough for us, will be a lasting memory of our stay...

• Liked — Spa
  • Disliked — nuffin
Dear " Cormac_Irl"

Thank you for your great review.
I'll pass on your compliments to my work collegeagues - there'll be no listening to them now!
The outdoor hot-tub is great fun and very popular. People enjoy sitting out in it with the steam rising and the rain pouring down.

Hope to see you back soon - maybe for your girlfriend's birthday this time?

Leigh Watson HR Manager

Been to Killyhevlin Hotel? Share your experiences!