“A little find!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 54 Restaurants in Enniskillen
Omagh, United Kingdom
“A little find!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

Overall I really enjoyed the food and atmosphere after having visited the lace museum beside the tearooms which is also worth a look!!!

The staff were very friendly and they had an extensive list of specials for the day. I went on a Friday lunchtime and it as very busy. I had sampled some of their cupcakes and cheese and olive scones at a Farmers Market in Enniskillen and always wanted to try the tearooms but was slightly disappointed when they were none of the gorgeous treats that I had previously sampled were there but they still had a wide variety of treats and desserts but I missed the delicious cupcakes

My brother let slip it was my birthday and I received a free brownie which I thought was a lovely touch. I would definitely go again but bring back the cupcakes!!!

Worth a visit!!!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Dublin
“Very Disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Dropped in here for a 2nd visit , as had been here last year and really enjoyed it. Were shocked to see that the fabulous selection of confectionery was not covered and exposed to the air. My husband and I were looking forward to scones with jam and cream but were really disappointed to see that there were flies walking on them!!. This could so easily be rectified , in this day and age by just covering the items. Poor hygiene with regard to flies is our pet hate and is very off putting , as if there is poor hygiene front of house, I would dread to think what the kitchens are like. We made our excuses and left. Will not be back!!.

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
San Francisco Bay Area
“Amazing and delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

In this tiny town, who would have expected such a gem. We visited the lace shop next door and were treated by this delightful tea shop. Great cakes and the strawberry meringue...out of this world.

Visited May 2012
Northern Ireland
“Pleasant surroundings but a tad expensive!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

We were visiting with an Australian visitor who wished to see the Lace Museum....we then had lunch....carrot soup and wheaten bread. The soup was more like they had just opened a tin of carrot juice and heated it up....sorry, but that's how it looked and tasted to me. The wheaten bread was just ok...nothing to write home about. The service was just passable...the surroundings in the main eating area are fine, yes, I agree with another poster that service was slow.
The toilets were freezing and very unwelcoming indeed. More attention needs to be given to this area. Yes, it was £18.00 for a bowl of soup (have to be fair and say it was a big bowl) wheaten bread and a cup of coffee for two and the same soup, wheaten bread and a drink of juice for one. Too expensive for the countryside where the rates would not be as high as in a big town. Compare this with £11.00 for the same meal for 3 on the North Antrim coast. Won't be eating there again.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dublin, Ireland
“Beautiful setting but more options would be pleasant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

Came in here for tea after visiting the beautiful lace museum next door. Was reasonably busy, three members of staff were on as well as another working in the kitchen. The cafe was about two thirds full. Ordered a pot of tea, two coffees, a slice of victoria sponge and two apple tarts.

Sat down at the table, all the free tables were cluttered with plates, understandably, we presumed we came in after the lunchtime rush (this was about 1pm). Took about 20 minutes for our tea and coffees to arrive, the table nearest us seemed to be waiting quite a while for their sandwiches and drinks.

I had to remove plates and cups to another table to free some space, the girl didn't offer to clean down our dirty table, instead serving our food on it. Having worked in food service myself for many years it's a bit peeve of mine. Not so pleasant eating off a dirty table. The cream in the sponge was very sweet, sponge a bit dry, but I liked it well enough. The apple tart was decent. We went to pay and it cost about £18 for three of us, which was unexpected.

A lovely location, decent enough cake and tea, perhaps more attention needed to customer service - though that's not to say the girls serving us weren't perfectly sweet, just a little more attention to cleanliness. I'd like to see more vegetarian salad and sandwich options on the menu because what was available was limited or unimaginative. This place has great potential.

• Visited April 2012