Stayed the last two days of January using a Travel Zoo voucher which cost £99:00 for my wife and I. When after purchasing the voucher I checked the reviews I confess to being somewhat apprehensive as some of the historic reviews were far from complimentary whereas the more recent reviews generally indicated good customer feedback. I understand that the Inn has recently changed hands, mid June 2012 and is now in the ownership of Pascal Rivault and partners. Pascal Rivault is the Chef, he hails from La Rochelle and serves excellent food I had Rib Eye steak , which was cooked to perfection and my wife had Scallops which she indicated were cooked perfectly, these are very often over cooked and rubbery, both main courses attracted a supplement of £4:00 but well worth having. We ate in for our second evening meal and once again the food was excellent, we both had the Rib Eye Steak which was most enjoyable. Visitors must accept that this establishment dates from I believe the 17th Century and consequently has for some more senior visitors some difficult stairs, I managed to access our room located on the top floor without undue difficulty despite a recent major heart operation (room 9 which has a fine view of the estuary, "a room with a view") it is worth mentioning that the water was hot and the room was comfortable if somewhat tired, however, I understand that the owners have plans to improve the accommodation and were planning new bedroom furniture as well as other major projects which will no doubt improve the visitor experience, I do hope that in achieving their objective that they retain the current homely atmosphere. We found the staff very helpful especially Ivita (front of house) and her partner who assists Pascal in the kitchen. Thank you for an enjoyable two days at a bargin price.
- Also Known As:
- The Old Ferry Inn Bodinnick Hotel Fowey
- The Old Ferry Inn Bodinnick Hotel
- The Old Ferry Inn Fowey, Cornwall
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the banks of the Fowey River Estuary in the picturesque village of Bodinnick, The Old Ferry is a quintessential Cornish Inn that has been providing accommodation and refreshment for over 400 years. We overlook the Bodinnick to Fowey ferry which can trace its roots back to the 13th Century, and 'Ferryside' the former family home of Daphne du Maurier. The Inn with its relaxed and warm welcome has many traditional features including a wood burner and stone slate floor, and is full of old photographs, nautical bric-a-brac and memorabilia. The perfect place to while away time during the winter months.Our panoramic restaurant gives fantastic river views towards the town of Fowey and the village of Polruan. There are also south facing outside terraces which also have splendid estuary views, and capture the sun all day, a perfect retreat for a summers day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Old Ferry Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.