“I want to go back” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hanson Drive, Fowey PL23 1ET, England   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Fowey
“I want to go back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Only just started to use trip advisor , the reason it's taken me this long to write a review.
I travelled to Fowey from London with my partner and two boys ( 4 & 5 ) last October for a friends wedding.
We travelled to Cornwall the night before and stayed in a travel lodge. We planned to get refreshed have breakfast and spend the day at the Eden project before checking into Fowey Hall. Unfortunately the travel lodge had NO water ! We could not even brush our teeth, let alone shower and have breakfast. My partner phoned the Fowey Hall to explain our situation and ask if we could check in early. All the staff and Fowey hall were great, there was no hesitation and we was welcomed. After an amazing breakfast we checked into our room. We was allocated in the annex building and had a family room. My boys thought their room was amazing as was ours. The bathroom huge and clean. After we all showered and headed out to the Eden project I was happy with the hotel and looking forward to the wedding. Our stay just got better and better. This hotel has thought of everything for families. We enjoyed a great meal that night and drinks while the wedding party arrived. The log fires were burning the children were running around like mad and the staff were great. The following day after another super breakfast my partner took the boys for a swim while I was lucky to enjoy the spa. I had a facial and body scrub. The treatments were superb and the staff were great. My boys had a wonderful time in the pool. The wedding couple arranged for all the children to be looked after for a couple of hours while parents had time to themselves. Most parents used the crèche and most couples wondered down into the town. The town was beautiful we rushed back up the hill to collect the boys. We wanted to take the boys crabbing, the hotel gave us everything we needed, bacon, lines , nets and Wellington boots lined up in all sizes in the porch area. Then it was time for the wedding. A perfect setting and the best wedding we have been to. The staff were great. My children spent most their time in the games / tv room and staff were checking in on them all the time. My youngest fell asleep watching a film and I wish I got her name but one of the young lady's working at the hotel took off my sons tie undid his top button and covered him with a blanket. I have travelled a lot and take my boys with me, I have never received such great service and care as we did at Fowey hall. My dream would be to go back and spend Christmas here for a good few days. Thank you to Fowey Hall and all the staff.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
FoweyHallHotel, General Manager at Fowey Hall, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear 'Maggie W'

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback on Tripadvisor. I was so pleased to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us at Fowey Hall for your friend's wedding.

Christmas is a magical time at Fowey Hall and we have some great packages do give me a call and we will work out a special rate for you if you are able to join us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Fowey Hall again soon

Chris Williams (General Manager), & The Fowey Hall Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Cirencester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

we stayed for one night, celebrating our silver wedding. The staff were terrific - positive, enthusiastic and helpful on every front. Food was superb and the whole experience outstanding. Great location - short walk to Fowey, and a pleasant spa and pool. Loved the log fires and common spaces - comfy and not overbearing. Only suggestion is that they could do with a fitness centre - there is space and this would be welcome. Outdoor hot tub has spectacular views

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
FoweyHallHotel, General Manager at Fowey Hall, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear 'LizB'

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback on Tripadvisor. I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed your silver wedding anniversary with us at Fowey Hall.

We hope to welcome you back to Fowey Hall soon & congratulations once again from all of us

Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Thank goodness for Fowey Hall during a rainy March visit. Plans to hit the major Southeast Cornwall attractions were washed away with a big weather front that has turned most of Cornwall into a giant bog. At first I thought we'd stay in a cottage, but without another teen around to keep my teen amused, another plan was needed. Swimming pools, DVDs and games abound at fowey hall. Little ones can be looked after at the crèche and there is also a listening service so that parents can enjoy an adult only dinner.
The food is delicious, hotel priced, but well-presented. The cream tea is great.
The common rooms have big overstuffed sofas and fires. A fully stocked library awaits anyone wo left their Kindle at home. Staff mysteriously show up to see if you need tea or perhaps a G&T after your first drive through the narrow roads of this old community.
Another relaxing feature is you add your service at the end of the visit. No need to sign a chit every time you order tea or a snack.

Room Tip: Third floor was quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear 'mamasanbkny

We hope to welcome you back to Fowey Hall soon - hopefully in some better weather!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

We brought vouchers from buy a gift totalling £60 for full afternoon tea for 4 people. When we gave the vouchers to the waitress she didn't look appreciative. Althought we had phoned and booked for a specific time there was still a long wait. There was an apology for this but it was almost like we were an inconvinience because it was a Sunday and we weren't there for Sunday lunch even though when I had booked there was no issue! The afternoon tea came it consisted of 2 small savoury biscuits no topping, some prawns on a dried out vol-au-vent and a small brucchetine with what tasted like spam on top each. Followed buy a dried out thin slice of madera cake, a dried out miniature chocolate eclair that had been in the fridges so long the cream disappeared into a dry lump and stuck to the paper case. I miniature piece of chocolate brownie which did taste fresh and a solid dried out scone each! One pot of tea between 3 and a filter coffee. Due to how dry most things were we quickly ran out of tea but there was no offer of more in fact no one came back at all not even to check we were ok so we waited and then awkwardly left!! Not impressed at all I will not be booking to go there for anfternoon tea again or recommending it to anyone.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear “Kateloul”

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback on Tripadvisor. I was really sorry to read that you did not enjoy your afternoon tea with us, please accept my apologies.

Rather than responding in writing I would welcome the opportunity to talk with you in person so that I can fully understand where we went wrong and most importantly make amends. Please give me a call at the hotel on 01726 833 866 at your earliest convenience.

I look forward to talking with you.

Chris Williams
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Just like going to a friends house - plenty of board games, pcs, xboxes, even a kids cinema room - it's a very well thought out hotel aimed at the 4 star family market. Go here if u are a tired parent looking for some time to chill as the children won't want to spend much time with you - they will be so busy with their new holiday friends feeding chickens, paying in the crèche or playing football, trampolining etc.
Don't worry about the weather as there is plenty to do even if it's raining outside..
Rooms are comfortable and furnished like a friends country house rather than a chic boutique hotel - goes with the "home away from home" atmosphere of the hotel.
There is a good spa and indoor swimming pool to add to the chill out experience.
Food is a good standard and the staff are excellent - casual but professional - we knew all the customer facing staff by name - even to the extent that the team member in charge of the breakfast room brought our morning ("wake-up") cappuccino to our table every morning BEFORE we even ordered it - she knew our order so well !!
That sums up how friendly the hotel team is.
Will definitely be back.
We enjoyed this so much we have booked the May bank holiday weekend in the sister hotel in worcestershire - can't wait !!
We have 2 other families coming with us to e sister hotel because they want to see how good the concept is - perfectly in tune with it's target market segment.
Well done to the team at Fowey Hall for sending us back home relaxed :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
FoweyHallHotel, General Manager at Fowey Hall, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear 'IrishguyLondon'

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback on Tripadvisor. I was so pleased to read that you and your family enjoyed a relaxing stay with us at Fowey Hall and you enjoyed the home from home atmosphere.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Fowey Hall soon and we will do our best to remember your special 'wake up cappuccino's at breakfast next time!

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Great Hotel, Fantastic service, our kids 3 and 1 had a great time, The creche is nice, The Family room with sea view are fantastic, for the wines ask Martin, great recommendation .
The pool and the Jaccuzi was awesome.
Highly recommended

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
FoweyHallHotel, General Manager at Fowey Hall, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear 'AnD - yachting'

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback on Tripadvisor. I was so pleased to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us & agreed with Martin's wine recommendations!

We hope to welcome you back to Fowey Hall in the near future

With kind regards
Chris Williams (General Manager) & The Fowey Hall Team
Ko Samui, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We love the Luxury Family Hotels brand and Fowey Hall did not disappoint. As a matter of fact they do everything right, luxury for the parents, fun for the kids, with exceptional service.
We stayed in a two bedroom suite(adjoining rooms) which was so comfortable we did not want to leave but we did because the rest of the hotel is just as inviting. Our four year old liked sitting at the piano and playing in front of the fire place. Games and books stashed away everywhere.
The food is fantastic at Fowey Hall! This is where they may have a slight edge over the other hotels in the brand because every meal we had there was divine and the service outstanding.
The kids club was of course a big hit with our four year old son who did not want to leave because he had so much fun playing with the staff. It was a very cold, rainy day but the staff took him out to feed the chickens because he had his heart set on it. Like our other experiences within the brand, the staff in the Luxury Family Hotel kids clubs are engaging and involved every step of the way. As a parent there is no guilt about dropping them off because they love going! Of course this leaves time for the parents to explore Fowey a bit or to simply relax and have a leisurely lunch-pure luxury!
I highly recommend for a long weekend with the kids. Everyone will feel rejuvenated after a stay at Fowey Hall!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
FoweyHallHotel, General Manager at Fowey Hall, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear 'Shannon CB'

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback on Tripadvisor. I was so pleased to read that you and your family enjoyed a relaxing stay with us at Fowey Hall and we lived up to being part of the Luxury Family Hotels group!

We look forward to welcoming you back to Fowey Hall soon

Chris Williams (General Manager), Bramble & The Fowey Hall Team

Been to Fowey Hall? Share your experiences!