“It was terrible.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The Bewick Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Gateshead
The Bewick Hotel
145 Prince Consort Road, Gateshead NE8 4DS, England   |
Ranked #17 of 20 hotels in Gateshead
Aberdeen
“It was terrible.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

The owner was self-centred and did what suited him, not what suited us. He was a horrible man with no manners what so ever. There was a dog going about, it wasn't clean enough, the doors were just squeaking like mad, I absolutely hated it, I would never go back. I wish the place would be shut down, I don't understand how it passed the inspectors test? I hated it, hotel was dated and the staff just seemed like they were not interested in making any effort for us as their customers. I would strongly reccommend that you do not stay here.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

74 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

On arrival the owner seemed to be more interested in amusing himself than helping us. Just a bed for us but due to creaky doors and screaming drunk teenagers we didn't get a wink. Not clean, dog in kitchen, guests banging about, shouting etc from 1 to 3 am with the owner not bothered. He said all hotels were the same, basically go away I don't care. It was cheap and the service was not really different from Faulty Towers.

• Stayed March 2013
Bromley, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Budget hotel a little tired, so are the staff, the for sale sign says it all. Bed linen looked like it had not been ironed. No chair in room, room was clean enough, shower pressure ok. Breakfast was ok nothing to write home about.
Hotel a little dated but ok for the price.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
London, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I recently visited Newcastle for my birthday with 7 other friends needing a no-frills place to sleep. It didn't start well when we arrived to find out that they had only reserved us the Friday night and not the Saturday night. This was a big problem and meant half us staying in one hotel in Jesmond and another in Gateshead. The man on reception was not rude more dozy and I felt like I was speaking to a wall at times. I would recommend double checking the booking before arrival!

The rooms were okay and what we had expected. There was a few dodgy looking stains,burns, and various issues such as shower doors not closing, low water pressure, holes and cracks in the walls, missing light bulbs. After reading other reviews, this wasn't a big surprise. The double beds didn't appear to be large enough for two people and did not provide the best nights sleep. If you need somewhere to stay after a few drinks then the Bewick will do the job though. The family room was quite comfortable with a sofa so if you are there with friends, its a good place to get ready and warm up for the night out.

Breakfast is served between 8-9am so can't comment on how good it is - just too early.

All in all, the hotel is in a good location, its cheap, and assuming you are willing to put up with dozy staff and average rooms, then you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

I'm sorry but for someone who has lived in military accommodation for 21 years and used to substandard dwellings I should have been prepared for this. The staff were rude insisting I had to pay for 2 night when I cancelled 1 a week before and the reception staff was equally non helpful. Be prepared for a faulty shower, unclean room and pubes in the shower. At £37 you get a lot more for your money in Gateshead/Newcastle. Shame because I visit a lot. But the choice is yours...

• Stayed February 2013
Accrington, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I found this hotel as I'd walked passed it on my way to get some food. Wasn't disappointed. Cheap and cheerful is the best way to describe this place. It's a no frills not expensive place to get your head down. If your not after luxury at a reasonable price then this is the place to go. As like myself it seems popular with contractors.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Newcastle upon Tyne
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Needed a hotel just for bed and breakfast for me and my son because of our visit at NCU footballgame. If you need just basics this hotel is okay. Don't expect luxuary and fancy stuff. Good enough for us!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Been to The Bewick Hotel? Share your experiences!