“Great value , lovely staff.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #92 of 201 Restaurants in Gateshead
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Buffet, Late Night
Description: So here it is! The Ultimate Eatery has arrived. An all-you-can-eat experience offering 7 restaurants under 1 roof at amazing value and convenience. Our famous 34 metre food counter displays freshly-baked pizza straight from our pizza ovens, Spice dishes cooked in woks, freshly cooked joints of meat for a proper Sunday roast with all the trimmings in the carvery section, delicious rotisserie chickens you can see being roasted in the rotisserie oven. Crisp, healthy salads at the salad section and lots of indulgent puds! The foods we all love, all in a row, all cooked freshly in front of you by our chefs, and not forgetting our 'help yourself' drinks dispensers and delicious ice cream machines - all for one simple low price and all under one roof.
“Great value , lovely staff.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

We use South Shields Taybarns every Friday as a base for a family get together and have never been dissatisfied , food is great for the kids and adults , plenty of choice and lovely desserts .
All staff are very polite and friendly and do a great job of clearing your empty plates.... Even when they are really busy they still do a great job .
See you next Friday . The Wilson / Higgins families.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
TaybarnsNewcastleMet, General Manager at Taybarns, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
It’s great to hear about your experience at Taybarns. Our aim is to serve up great memories for all of our guests. We will ensure you feedback is shared with all of our team.
Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back into our Restaurant in the future.

Trowbridge, United Kingdom
“Cheap and cheerful... but that's it”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I suppose we had been spoiled by the quality of similar establishments in USA. Taybarns, or at least this one, wasn't in the same league. The range of food available was somewhat overstated in the advertising blurb but there was still a fair selction. The carvery was good. I had turkey which was great - the gammon looked OK as well. At the Italian section, the lasagne was nice but not very hot. The pizza was disappointing. The ribs were OK but a bit cool and dried up. Based on the visual impression we didn't try anything else. The desserts were mainly various types of gateau so I plumped for the cheesecake. One bite was enough - very unpleasant. Not bad value but we wished we had gone to one of the many estabishments nearby at the Metro centre and spent a little more (not a lot, I suspect)

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for taking the time to review on your experience at Taybarns. It is our aim to ensure all of our guests enjoy our restaurant and we are sincerely sorry to hear of your disappointment around your experience.

Could you please contact one of our management team on 0191 414 6308 to discuss the matter further and rectify the problems you encountered.

Once again thank you for you review the feedback we receive is invaluable in helping us to improve our offering to ensure we always get it right.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Lots of food little taste”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Large quantites of varying foods available - but not a hit with the tastebuds. All in one eat as much as you want for set buffet price - varies depending on time of day cheaper before 6:00 pm - the billboard price does not include drinks. The place was very busy - I guess a case of nevermind the quality give me quantity!!. Decor reminded me of caferterias/ work canteens of the 1970's. Compares poorly to other buffet type e.g chinese establishments I have used

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
TaybarnsNewcastleMet, General Manager at Taybarns, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review on your experience at Taybarns Newcastle Metro Centre. It is our aim to ensure all our guests enjoy our restaurant and I am sincerely sorry to hear of your disappointment around your experience.

I would be extremely grateful if you could take the time to contact either myself or one of my managers on 0191 4146308 to discuss the matter further and to rectify the problems that you encountered.

Once again thank you for your review, the feedback we receive is invaluable in helping us to improve our offering to ensure we always get it right

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Worse than school dinners”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Cheap bland poor quality food. I have never seen so many obese people in one place (and iv been to Disney World). Anyone who gives this place 4+ ratings have clearly never eaten anywhere else.

• Visited November 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
TaybarnsNewcastleMet, General Manager at Taybarns, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you Graeme for taking the time to review on your experience at Taybarns Newcastle Metro Centre. It is our aim to ensure all our guests enjoy our restaurant and I am sincerely sorry to hear of your disappointment around your experience.

“good deal still”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

went once again to taybarnes april 8 th had carverey with all trims great good portions after my sweet profiterols plus 3 coffees i can tell you i was full used my wise ones card for discount.Could not get any better value any other place dont need to look anyway.Did notice however some clean dinner plates a little worse for wear noticed scratches not a problem for me though.Lots of children in.Staff good kept tables well clear and still had time for a chat.THANKS AGAIN.

It’s great to hear about your experience at Taybarns. Our aim is to serve up great memories for all of our guests. I will ensure your feedback is share amongst my team.
I noticed that you mentioned the Wise One offer, which means anyone over 60 only pays £4.49 Monday to Friday up till 6pm, I hope you are now aware that with your wise one card you can now get unlimited Tea & Coffee for 99p as well.
Thank you again for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back into our Restaurant in the future.