“good deal still” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #91 of 201 Restaurants in Gateshead
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Buffet, Late Night
Description: So here it is! The Ultimate Eatery has arrived. An all-you-can-eat experience offering 7 restaurants under 1 roof at amazing value and convenience. Our famous 34 metre food counter displays freshly-baked pizza straight from our pizza ovens, Spice dishes cooked in woks, freshly cooked joints of meat for a proper Sunday roast with all the trimmings in the carvery section, delicious rotisserie chickens you can see being roasted in the rotisserie oven. Crisp, healthy salads at the salad section and lots of indulgent puds! The foods we all love, all in a row, all cooked freshly in front of you by our chefs, and not forgetting our 'help yourself' drinks dispensers and delicious ice cream machines - all for one simple low price and all under one roof.
“good deal still”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

went once again to taybarnes april 8 th had carverey with all trims great good portions after my sweet profiterols plus 3 coffees i can tell you i was full used my wise ones card for discount.Could not get any better value any other place dont need to look anyway.Did notice however some clean dinner plates a little worse for wear noticed scratches not a problem for me though.Lots of children in.Staff good kept tables well clear and still had time for a chat.THANKS AGAIN.

TaybarnsNewcastleMet, General Manager at Taybarns, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
I noticed that you mentioned the Wise One offer, which means anyone over 60 only pays £4.49 Monday to Friday up till 6pm, I hope you are now aware that with your wise one card you can now get unlimited Tea & Coffee for 99p as well.
Thank you again for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back into our Restaurant in the future.

durham, United Kingdom
“just right”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

once again we enjoyed our food and we where met by a very pleasant team , so of the food was a bit dry but it just meant i picked other items , i had a carvery meal for my main meal and it was just right turkey and gammon still moist and the gravy was realy nice , in fact it was that nice i had the same meal again followed by crumble and custard

• Visited April 2013
It’s great to hear about your experience at Taybarns. Our aim is to serve up great memories for all of our guests. I will ensure your feedback is share amongst my team. In reference to comments about our Gammon, did you know that we buy and get delivered fresh gammon 6 days a week!

Northumberland
“Horrible”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Poor quality slop, just horrible. No redeeming features. No point having 'all you can eat' when it tastes so bad.

Visited May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review on your experience at Taybarns Newcastle Metro Centre. It is our aim to ensure all our guests enjoy our restaurant and I am sincerely sorry to hear of your disappointment around your experience.

I would be extremely grateful if you could take the time to contact either myself or one of my managers on 0191 4146308 to discuss the matter further and to rectify the problems that you encountered.

Once again thank you for your review, the feedback we receive is invaluable in helping us to improve our offering to ensure we always get it right

Durham
“If your big you'll like it”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

First and last time as I found the whole experience an eye opener. The staff at the front to greet you were pleasent enough but I think this is just to warm you up on the rollercaster that was about to begin. First off you pay up front for a eat as much as you want (alarm bells should have started ringing) but I thought hey give it a go as a family. Then next fight your way past a lot of people waddling to the food counters as you look for a table. Next try to find a plate to go to one of the many food sections available (which I can't fault was good) but just watching the chef or should I say YTS pouring the newly cut open bag of gravy into the pot was just what was required to accompany the cold roast potatoes and meat at the carvey section. The wife got rice and black bean sauce from another section on which the rice would have made very good ammo in the kids pea shooters. As I sat down the experience got better as a watched a man enjoy 3 deserts (yes 3) and lick the spoon after before heading off to the ice cream section. At one point I thought he might just put his head under the machine and press the level to save on a dish.Then as we didn't finish our meal the table next to us seemed to be celebrating something but we could not make it out, maybe it might have been the fact they felt fine after consuming all the food judging by the amount of dishes on their table. Anyway the experience was lets just say not my cuppa tea but if you enjoy and like fighting your way through a place to get a table, like school dinners and also like to waddle when you walk this place is right up your street.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Morpeth, United Kingdom
“It can't get much worse than this place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Taybarns is the worst place I've ever eaten. I didn't think it was possible for a restaurant to be quite this bad, but I was wrong!

Take your pick from the list, Taybarns has it all..

Filthy glasses, plates and cutlery, check!
Filthy table, check!
Disgusting, Inedible food made from the cheapest possible ingredients then cooked beyond recognition, check!
Bad service, check!
All the charm of a motorway services, yes you guessed it. Check!

Avoid at all costs!