“Holker Hall” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Type: Historic Sites, Gardens, Specialty Museums, Cultural
More attraction details
Owner description: Holker Hall is the home of Lord and Lady Cavendish who welcome visitors of all ages to one of the best-loved stately homes in Britain. Magnificently situated only a short distance from Grange-over-Sands and the expanse of Morecambe Bay. Holker Hall is set in exceptionally beautiful countryside with gardens that merge into Parkland framed by the Lakeland Hills.
Blackburn, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
“Holker Hall”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Just had a morning at Holker Hall near Grange.
It is the first time we have ever been there and we were not disappointed.
Following a venture round the gardens we opted for a late breakfast in the restaurant and was pleased with the quality of the food and the ambiance of the place.
Following lunch we left the car at the free car park and opted to take the short and pleasant walk to the nearby village of Cartmel.This being the lakes, it rained, but the rain did not detract from the stunning views of Morecambe Bay.
Well worth a vist

Visited August 2013

Brighton, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“Lovely place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I visited here with my family and I have no complaints whatsoever.
I would recommend visiting here, and the shop is lovely.
I would go back if i had the chance.

Visited August 2013
Englewood, Florida
99 attraction reviews
“Lovely garden with beautiful trees and space to roam.`”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

We took a Roberton Garden Club Tour to see Holker Hall and Gardens and it was well worth the trip. We particularly enjoyed the one hour tour of the gardens lead by a very enjoyable and knowledgable woman who knew trees at a depth. We had a snack and a siip of ale at the restaurant here and this was a very nice facility and the staff were wonderful.

The tour included a stop for tea on the return trip to Roberton so we arrived back in Roberton at 7:30 pm relaxed and happy.
Take in a visit to Holker Hall and Gardens if you can - you'll enjoy it!

edinburgh
“Summer rain adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

We visited on 25.7.2013 and had a great time. I would just wont many thanks to wonderful lady's in Big house who come to our rescuer as we got soaked in the rain. They were ever so kind and my girls can't stop talking about them .
What could have been the worse day of our holidays turn in to most talk about day thanks to those wonderful ladies . Thank you

Ramsey, Isle Of Man
4 attraction reviews
“ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Call me bias but many years ago I had the privilege of working here as a Nanny so saw the house and gardens as a home. I brought my husband, Charles, to see both the Hall and Gardens and we both loved the whole experience. The Hall has no barriers so you can wander around, with respect, but as you would in your own home. The staff were courteous, friendly, helpful and extremely knowledgeable. The gardens have come on so much from circa twenty years ago. The gift and garden shops are well stocked and offer quality goods & fare. The food in the café is freshly made and delicious. I was too shy to go and say hello but enjoyed the memories that came flooding back of very happy times with a wonderful family.