“Wonderful weekend treat!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Lymehurst

You added The Lymehurst to your Saves list
The Lymehurst
4.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Kents Bank Road, Grange-over-Sands LA11 7EY, England   |
Halifax, United Kingdom
“Wonderful weekend treat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Having just returned from a weekend stay at this hotel would highly recommend the quality of accomodation and food. The service was perfect, attentive but unobtrusive. Would highly recommend and certainly hope to visit again.

Room Tip: Front, with bay windows.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Leigh, Lancashire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

My sister & I have just returned from a fabulous 2 day kgb deal stay at The Lymehurst. Andrea was a fantastic hostess & her husband Kevin a great chef. The hotel itself was spotlessly clean, warm & comfortable. There was a wide variety of food & drink (though much less Bombay Sapphire when we left!!) which was well presented & excellently cooked. Andrea even makes her own bread. The location was ideal - just a short walk to the sea-front & all the amenities of Grange. There are lots of traditional shops, local butchers & bistros along with pleasant walks. Grange had a lot more to offer than we'd thought & we plan a return, & would definatly choose to stay at the Lymehurst.

Room Tip: Each of the 10 rooms are lovely & the location quiet.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We've just returned after a 2 night stay at the Lymehurst & how anyone can pick fault with this place is beyond me, the worst I could say would be, the passageway of the room was a tad narrow when my Wife was sat doing the magic at the mirror & the wandering Wildebeest at 4:30am for 30 min's before deciding to blowdry it's mane for the nest 10 min's, so first one is my fault for being a porker (breath in & diet immediately) & second one an inconsiderate guest (next time bang on the wall/ceiling) who probably never realized, therefore nothing the Owners could have done about either.
The place stands back slightly from the road & although it's a little tight there's ample parking, it's only a minute's walk to some lovely little shops etc & just down the road to the promenade walk, remember though it appears all cafe's etc are closed on a Monday, God must have rested on a different day there. Andrea was lovely, attentive & helpful on our arrival, showed us to our room, which was a reasonable size with a lovely ensuite & big shower, the room was nicely done & spotlessly clean (except for the extractor in the bathroom, which I cleaned, sorry it's a pet hate of mine & I don't know many cleaners that look up) Andrea also left us a flask of milk, nice as it meant we could have several drinks.We had a long walk through the Town & along the Prom, which runs along the coast & along side the railway for a good distance,before returning for an evening meal at the Hotel. I had the Smoked Salmon & Prawn starter & Gail had the Mussels in White Wine, I followed with Roast Beef & all the trimmings, including home made Yorkshires (and you could tell,very nice), Gail decided on the Lamb Cutlets, all in all a very good meal & big portions, so much so no puddings were required but a loosening of the belt buckle was in order. Breakfast was of a similar standard with various Cereals,Fruits,Nuts,Juices & an excellent choice of cooked items, together with Tea, Coffee, Toast & Preserves. all served up in an elegant room & no rush with nothing to much bother.
Both our days out were great, visiting Kendal & the surrounding area but a visit to Cartmel is a must, a lovely village with a good choice of pubs & eateries, Simon Rogan of Great British Menu fame practically owns the place, so a foodies dream & it's just a nice place to wander around, also I had the best Latte I've ever had there at the Coffee shop in the square, we returned on Monday evening & ate at the Kings Arms, which was good but let down by soggy Jenga (referring to a wooden block game) chips.
So after braving the home bound snows I can report we had a lovely (seem to have used that word a lot but it just is) time & would recommend the Lymehurst to you all & thank Andrea & the staff for being wonderful hosts.

Room Tip: Front of Hotel will have bays & be larger but all are nice. Another tip but not about the hotel...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I have just returned from a 2 night break with my wife and our friends at the Lymehurst and we all had a great time. It was booked on a KGB deal and I booked it based on other reviews and I have to say that you won't be disappointed in the least if you decide to stay here. The rooms are very nice with everything you need and some really lovely extra touchs. The food is excellent and Andrea the owner and her staff go out of their way to make your stay as pleasant as possible. We would most definately return here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Heath Hayes - UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Visited Grange Over Sands for the first time during the recent Christmas break and found The Lymehurst on day two. Being new to the area our first concern was the class and type of food sold - and would they also accept pets?. The answer to the latter being yes pets are welcome ( the lady owner loved our beloved Weimaraner ) and also a resounding yes to the food. It was lunch time so my wife and i simply wanted a snack. The choice of food was not vast BUT very well done. We have visited many restuarants over the years and some choose to bamboosal you with menus so vast that by the time you've read everything the service has closed.

We chose a simple " fish finger " sandwich for my wife and a pizza for myself. My wife commented that the fish fingers were so big ( and tasty ) that the fingers should have belonged to Shamu the whale and not the usual " fish fingers " we see elsewhere. The accompanying salad was very fresh and so too " home cooked chips ". My pizza was tasty and bang on the button for presentation and price. They offered a great variation of drinks too.

Don't be but off by the small car park - plenty of off road parking - and the look of the place from outside. The owners ( wife front of house - husband cooking ) are working miracles here and the whole place was spottlessly clean and excellent value for money. Having rented a house locally - knowing what we know now - our next visit to Grange will include staying at the the hotel as well as dining.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We had booked Christmas Lunch at 'The Lymehurst' based on reviews and were not disappointed in the slightest. From the moment we arrived the warmth of welcome and fantastic service were evident. Each course was an absolute delight and we were both really impressed at the quality of the meal and the subtle flavours. We would recommend the restaurant to anyone and are looking forward to visiting again in the future.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Madrid
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I was booked at The Lymehurst for a work trip and was very pleased. Andrea greeted me and although I was in late she was very friendly and caring. The room was spotless clean, comfortable, and quiet. I recommend The Lymehurst for weary work travelers that need a proper nights sleep. I was truly won over when I was able to meet the family pup. :) Breakfast was hot and satisfying and the coffee - superb! Thanks to Andrea, Kevin, and the team. I´ll be back! -Joe

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to The Lymehurst? Share your experiences!