“Wedding venue perfection” 5 of 5 stars

Station Square, Grange-over-Sands LA11 6EJ, England   |
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Grange-over-Sands
“Wedding venue perfection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I spent many months hunting for a wedding venue and decided upon The Grange. The hotel is beautiful and very spacious (we had expected rain and wanted our guests to have space to move if the rains came) and the staff were excellent.
Nothing was too much trouble and we were welcomed on many occasions in the run up to our wedding. On the actual day, everything was perfect and the staff were so helpful. They were attentive to our every need and were an instrumental part in the success of our wedding.

We cannot recommend this hotel highly enough and want to thank them again for everything.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Doncaster
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

My friend and I went to Grange over Sands on a day trip and wanted somewhere a little different to eat Sunday lunch than the usual cafes. I had already read the reviews about this hotel so we thought we'd give it a try and what a fantastic choice we made.

When we arrived, the hotel restaurant was full, but our initial disappointment turned out to be unfounded as the most helpful waiter showed us to the bar area and gave us the Sunday lunch menu. The bar area was absolutely delightful, elegant and beautifully furnished.

We had a delicious 2 course lunch for £14.95 and were served by two barmen who were attentive, professional and helpful from the start. As most of the diners were in the restaurant, we initially had the bar area to ourselves and the barman showed us to what he considered to be the best table, in a lovely area overlooking the hotel pool and even covered our table with a beautiful starched tablecloth.

Although I often read reviews on tripadvisor, this is the first review I have written, but felt compelled to do so after a wonderful visit.

Unfortunately, we only had a few hours in Grange over Sands, but we intend to return and incorporate an overnight stay at the Grange Hotel. Well done!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Have attended The Grange hotel for over 7 years on work related conferences, visiting between 3-4 times per year. It is a beautifully elegant hotel, great range of bedrooms, lovely relaxing atmosphere and 5 star food. You really won't be disappointed with your visit. Most of the staff have been there for as long as I have visited, nothing is ever to much trouble for them, they always go above and beyond to make your stay a memorable one, I always leave looking forward to my next return visit. Good value for money and situated in a beautiful little village, a fantastic part of England to visit

Room Tip: All rooms are of a very high standard, however if you get a superior room I guarantee you won't...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Warrington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We have been frequenting The Masons Arms, Cartmel Fell, Grange Over Sands for many years. We have never had a bad experience. After another recent visit and the most delicious meal of Cartmel Lamb Shank with dauphinoise potatoes and roasted root vegetables. You can keep all your fancy restaurants up and down the country as this will always be my favourite! Big thanks to the Chefs who serve up some of the most delightful local fare. I must also thank the bar staff and waitress/ waiter staff as there service is excellent. We have not stayed overnight here but am sure we will in the near future. Every time we visit we always walk out saying we wished we had booked a room.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We stayed here for a one-night stopover after a hectic weeks holiday in london. The hotel is beautiful with the staff very welcoming and helpful. The food is excellent with a diverse menu for all tastes. The room was large and well presented. Leisure facilities were great too - even though the pool is quite small. Would love to go back and say for a week!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Chigwell, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Grande but unpretentious friendly but genuinely friendly reception staff chambermaids charming and welcoming , enjoyed staying here in beautiful surroundings and enjoying excellent food.
Recently retired good start to my new life ahead enjoying comfort and genuine warmth.
Drive or arrive by train it's the best location for grange over sands "very nice hotel"

Room Tip: All rooms are nice...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Echternach, Luxembourg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I took my parents for 3 days dinner, bed and breakfast. In the deal you could either have a 4th night or an upgrade. The dinner was 5 courses.
Entering the hotel was a delight, a lovely terrace outside over looking Morecombe Bay and a grand entrance inside. Our rooms were huge-anywhere else they would have been called suites. They had enormous beds- one room had a four poster and the other a large canopy. The bathrooms had lovely baths and separate showers. Both bedrooms had sitting areas with doors that could separate them from the bedroom area. Loads of storage. The decor is modern sumptuous. We had two windows overlooking the bay. I looked at a couple of the rooms at the back and they were dark, but beautifully decorated.
After seeing all this I was worried about the standard of food as I felt we had a very good deal.
The dining room was lovely and elegant. There are small dining rooms as well as larger ones for events. Again beautifully designed. The food was excellent. They have a female chef and I'm ashamed to say I forgot to get her name. The cooking was interesting as well as being delicious. Occasionally flavours didn't quite work for me-two out of 15 courses overall, but it is so nice to have someone willing to be adventurous. The menus were different every night. The five courses were proper courses i.e. didn't count coffee or tasters as a course.
The staff in the hotel were all a delight. The service in the restaurant was exceptional-their Polish waitress whose name I can't spell was very good and everyone was aware of my mother's dietary
needs before we asked.
We didn't use the spa but it looked nice.
The train mentioned in the title to this piece stops opposite the hotel. There are good connection all the way to London. In fact we will probably do that next time we visit as there are lots of walks from the hotel, with buses and trains if needed.
The bar and sitting areas go on forever. The weather wasn't great when we were there so they lit a fire. I can imagine wonderful treasure hunts or Easter egg hunts if they do family weekends.
Some hotels offering this level of service and restaurant tend to make you feel that you are very lucky to be their guest. At the Grange we felt comfortable, cosseted and totally relaxed.
Can't wait to go back

Room Tip: Choose a room overlooking the bay
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Grange Hotel? Share your experiences!