We stayed at Muckrach last year, and it was very pleasant. Although we're not the sort who generally post reviews, we just had to comment on our recent return there. The rooms were clean, and the superior room we had was big, spacious and comfortable. The food however, was absolutely amazing, and a hundred times better than last year. There is a new chef, and you can tell because the quality is the best we have ever had in Scotland. We stayed for three days and had intended to try the restaurants in the area, but after our first night's dinner at Muckrach, and after looking at the menus of other places, we decided to eat at the hotel every night. The menu changes every day, so there was lots of choice. We had venison, beef, sole and lobster and we remember each dish still. The staff are really polite, friendly but not intrusive, and looked after us really well. Top marks and we'll definately be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- MUCKRACH COUNTRY HOUSE HOTEL IS CURRENTLY UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT & WILL RE-OPEN IN JANUARY 2015 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Despegar.com so you can book your Muckrach Lodge Hotel & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Muckrach Hotel Grantown On Spey
- Muckrach Lodge Hotel & Restaurant Grantown-On-Spey, Scotland