We enjoyed our stay at Muckrach, our dinner not so much. The rooms we stayed in were large enough, clean, and quaint. The views from our windows were lovely. The surrounding area was quiet, picturesque...a perfect setting. We thoroughly enjoyed drinks on the terrace & thought how we could carry away the highland cattle that live in front of the lodge without getting caught.
Dinner. Dinner was a disappointment. The pork was overdone & overseasoned and was served only with plain white rice...what no veggies? My husband's duck was okay. There wasn't any vegetarian offering but they were able to throw a salad together & veggies.
The staff...they were wonderful. Chatty in a good way, helpful, & polite.
Bottom line? We would stay there again to spend more time exploring the countryside but we would definitely find another place to dine.
- Also Known As:
- Muckrach Hotel Grantown On Spey
- Muckrach Lodge Hotel & Restaurant Grantown-On-Spey, Scotland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New owners Rebecca & Andy welcome you to this Speyside gem which they are bringing into the 21st Century. We offer roaring fires, comfy sofas and an elegant piano lounge. Champion head chef Addy Daggert creates stunning dishes from high quality local produce. We are within the Cairngorms National Park which has one of the widest choices of outdoor activities in the UK ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Otel so you can book your Muckrach Lodge Hotel & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.