“Great service, great location, and not bad food too!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Mediterranean
London, United Kingdom
“Great service, great location, and not bad food too!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We were wandering around Yarmouth town centre after a day at the races. We were hungry, didn't fancy pub food or fish and chips although both are plentiful in the area.

We happened down Regent Road and saw The Olive Garden. From the outside it looks fairly sophisticated - the menu was definitely different from the plethora of food options around. The prices looked pretty reasonable too.

We stepped in and we were immediately greeted. We didn't have a reservation and we requested a recently vacated window table, which they cleaned for us, sending us to the bar first to get a drink.

Our waitress, Georgia, really enhanced our experience of the restaurant. She was just the right amount of friendly: approachable, communicative, considerate, chatty (but not too much). She is also very down to earth which both my partner and I truly appreciate.

I had the swordfish which was OK, my partner had Beef Stefado which was excellent. The Greek side salads were both very good - they even remembered my request for no olives.

We didn't have dessert or wine and we weren't pressured for either - we did have drinks during dinner and we did enjoy a cheeky little shot after dinner which was rather lovely.

Definitely recommend and would definitely visit again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Derby, United Kingdom
“Perfect ambience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Was there with my wife in May, had fantastic meals on 2 separate evenings. Superb cuisine, friendly staff, would recommend to anyone. We prefer Greek food and certainly were not disappointed with their wide range of menu. We are planning to be there again in a week's time and will definitely be eating there on at least two or three occasions if not more.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Gorleston-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Thanks to Trip Advisor we found this nugget of a restaurant in an area where we would expect less, due to its "kiss me quick" image!"
The Seafood Rissotto was absolutely fantastic, every mouthful was stuffed with fish!! I would return there just for that!!
The decor is pleasing to the eye and the staff very attentive.
My only complaint was due to a very rare hot evening in the UK the restaurant was uncomfortable, the aircon unit at the back just didn't reach all the tables! Luckily this would be a rare problem with our climate!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

Brilliant restaurant to visit. very warm welcome feeling.Brilliant staff. The food is outstanding!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hamilton, New Zealand
“3 and half stars...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Better than average but does not quite reach very good. I ordered the slow cooked steak with shallots, cherry tomatoes, and cinnamon flavoured sauce. It was exactly as described and tasty. The salad it came with was tired and had too much cucumber for my liking. The chips were very average. My wife had the chicken breast with spinach and mozzarella (Chicken Athena) and it was better than average but the potatoes it came with and the salad did not make the grade. £25 for just the meals with no drinks.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
chris c, Owner at Olive Garden, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am very sorry that you were only able to rate us at 3 and a half. We do strive for excellence with every meal and every component of the meal.
As you can see from the majority of our reviews we usually achieve this. Please be assured though, that we are not complacent and take every critique very seriously.

I do appreciate your constructive criticism and will endeavour to improve the items that you have highlighted as being below par.

Kind regards