“Brilliant.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Seashore Holiday Park

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Great Yarmouth
Seashore Holiday Park
You added Seashore Holiday Park to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Cabin/Campground   |   North Drive, Great Yarmouth NR30 4HG, England   |
Hotel deals
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Brilliant.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

My family stayed at Seashore on April 12th for the weekend and had a brilliant holiday from the moment we walked into reception. The caravan we were given was spotless and everything was in fine working order. We were in a quieter area of the park, which we prefer and very close to the sea. The site is very clean and the park is one of our favourites. Staff were very polite and we had no problems at the site whatsoever. We didn't use any of the facilities other than reception as our children are still a bit young for the shows and don't like very loud music. We booked our stay via The Sun newspaper £9.50 holidays offer but we chose the luxury plus accommodation with thie offer so it was slightly more expensive. But for around £130 for a weekend stay at the park for a family group of 5 we were all very very pleased and will not hesitate to return. A firm family favourite. Well done Haven.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Chantelle B, Manager at Seashore Holiday Park, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Hi Hells 101

Thank you for taking the time to write this fantastic review. It’s lovely to read considering you did not use the facilities, your stay here exceeded your expectations. Hopefully on your next visit your children will be at an age where they can enjoy the facilities and visit Rory. Please request a quieter area before your next visit and we will endeavour to meet this for you.

It’s great to read this is now a family favourite, and we hope to see you for many years to come.

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

stayed here w/c 8th april for 4 nights with my wife and 8 yr old daughter and had a really great time we stayed in a deluxe caravan in the clipper section which was of a good standard and spotlessly clean as was the whole site the entertainment was excellent varierty everynght with a great family comedian and ray lewis one of the many drifters but still good. alex on the childrens entertainment was a favourite with our daughter alice. the pool though dated was a must everyday and the outdoor slide was a challenge at 4 degrees! the on site shop is reasonably priced the live lounge was also very good. now for 3 points which let it down a little the onsite burger king is discustingly overpriced nearly eight pounds for two standard cheesburgers and small fries which would normally cost no more than 3.00 in any high street. the childrens bingo ticket is overpriced at 2.00 each considering the poor prizes on offer considering the quantity they sell and the one and only meal we had in the mash and barrel was spoilt as my wifes meal was undercooked and had to eat hers when we had long finished ours. however credit to duty manager james who didnt charge us for her meal. overall a good break for what we paid.
ps needs a fish and chip shop!

• Stayed April 2013
Chantelle B, Manager at Seashore Holiday Park, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Hi Shaun and Marie
Thank you for choosing Haven at Seashore Holiday Park for your 2013 Holiday and for taking the time to write this review.
I am delighted to read overall you and your family enjoyed your Haven break and the Accommodation and location was of a good standard. It’s also great to read you made the most of the facilities and entertainment.

I would like to thank you for your lovely comment concerning Alex. It always gives me great pleasure to learn that the team are recognised for their hard work and commitment and I’m sure Alex will be thrilled to read your comment.

I’m sorry that you felt Burger King was not value for money. We are priced at the same tier as motorway services. I will pass your concerns onto the franchisee.

I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding the Rock n Roll Bingo. This has been very popular this year so it’s a shame you felt the prizes were not satisfactory. I will pass your comments onto the Entertainment Manager to see if this can be rectified before your next visit.

I was very concerned to read your feedback with regards to the Restaurant. I have passed your comments onto the Restaurant Manager, Nicole to discuss with her team. I’m sorry they did not get the service correct in the first instance, I am pleased after bringing this to the teams attention you were compensated for the mistake. I hope this did not cause too much inconvenience to you and your family.

If you would like anymore informaton please don't hesitate to contact me.
seashoretripadvisor@haven.com
England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

This is the second time we've stayed at seashore

Our rugby club uses it as a venue for our annual youth playing tour

Or caravan, as last year, was excellent - in the section called Breakwater right on beach

Facilities are generally good - swimming pool is tired. Didnt use much else as allays or at local clubs playing rugby competitions

We had a function in the large bar / restaurant on site called the Mash and Barrel.

Drinks are well priced and food is OK

Some of staff could do with smiling a bit more!

Fine for a weekend

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review Seashore Holiday Park. I am thrilled to hear for the 2nd year in a row you have been particularly happy with your accommodation. Breakwater is my favourite area, close to the beach, lovely view and close to the facilities, I’m overjoyed this suited you and your family.
I’m sorry to read you felt the pool looked tired, if you are able to provide any details regarding this please contact me directly and I will pass this onto the Sports and Leisure Manager, Liam Dobson, to make changes where necessary.
Haven emphasise customer care in our training programmes and all team here at Seashore are naturally expected to be courteous at all times. I apologise if this was not the case. The comments we usually receive concerning the team members are usually of praise. If you are able to contact me regarding the area in which you felt our usual high standards were not met on this occasion this would be greatly appreciated.
It’s fantastic to hear we accommodated your group, I hope this weekend was a success for your rugby team and hopefully we will see you here again in the future.

Chantelle Beare
seashoretripadvisor@haven.com
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I (in our 20s) visit Seashore. We have being previously and I used to go a lot as a child. We were put a caravan at the end of the park (no one's fault, someone needs to be there). It was the week after Easter so quite cold, our caravan was ill design with lament flooring not providing much insulation. The caravan was basic and seemed modern but lacking in the solid design of older caravans we've stayed in before. The £10 hire of a heater for the bedroom was money well spent. We went to the club one night but it lacked magic and passion, it was very corporate and quite cheap compared to what Haven used to be. Overall, it was an average stay at a once great resort.

Hi James

It’s always great to hear how guests travel here when they are children and then again when they are adults. It is disappointing to read however we are no longer meeting your expectations.

I’m sorry to read your were not happy with your allocation. Each guest has their own preference, some prefer to be closer to facilities and others favour to be in a quite area nearer the beach, this is why as a company we take requests, although we cannot guarantee we try our utmost to meet all requests.

I can only apologise that you feel the more modern accommodation does not meet your expectations, the new model caravans already come equipped with laminate flooring from the manufacture. I would advise booking a Standard plus or Deluxe accommodation and requesting a caravan with carpet to avoid disappointment in the future.

I’m sorry to read the entertainment also failed to meet your expectations. As you can appreciate everyone’s taste is different, we always act on the feedback we receive which is why you would have noticed a change, I will however pass your comment onto our Entertainment’s manager to discuss with her team.

It’s a shame after being a regular guest for so many years you now feel it was average. I do hope you give us the chance to rebuild you confidence in Seashore and visit us again in the future. I would recommend visiting during our peak period where more entertainment is provided that would be more suited to your needs.

If you would like to discuss this further please contact me directly seashoretripadvisor@haven.com
notts uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We stayed for a long weekend in April with a baby and a year old. We were upgraded to a caravan with heating. The van itself was lovely, modern and clean.
The park was reasonably small but felt nice and safe with the children. The entertainment bar was great for the little one and she loved it. One downfall was there wasn't an onsite chip shop and you've got to have seaside chips!!!
No other complaints with it. It's a good walk into Yarmouth but there is a land train. We liked Yarmouth, plenty of rides and arcades with other attractions if it rains. The beach would have been nice if I hadn't spotted glass and cans on it. Otherwise, it was miles of golden sands.
Would recomend this holiday

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Chantelle B, Manager at Seashore Holiday Park, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Hi Laura

Thank you for your review, I’m pleased to read you enjoyed your stay here and would recommend Seashore Holiday Park to others.

I definitely agree with you, chips are a must when visiting the seaside and we are looking at adding a chip shop in the future. I would like to advise Fish and Chips are available in the restaurant.

It’s fantastic to hear you enjoy Great Yarmouth and you had an enjoyable family holiday. I do hope this was memorable and we have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Sandy, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Seashore holiday park is a must if you're thinking of holidaying in Gt Yarmouth. Great for families. New play area for the kids. Multisports pitch. Indoor play area. Two indoor pools. Outdoor splash zone (best in summer!). On park shop. Launderette. Funworks amusements. Livelounge. Burgerking. Papa johns pizza. Mash and barrel: bar, restaurant, etc. Hire shop. Loads more too. Great accomdation. Direct beach access. Lots of activities for kids of all ages. Night life for young and old. Loads to do on park. Off park. Walk into Gt Yarmouth, take the white road train or taxi and explore.

• Stayed March 2013
Hi Clare

Thank you for choosing seashore for your 2013 holiday and taking the time to review our park.

It’s wonderful to read you used all our facilities and recommend us for any family looking to stay in the great Yarmouth area.

We hope to welcome you back to Seashore again in the future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We were two adults and two children, staying at the Haven Seashore Caravan park at Easter 2013 (29th March to 1st April) the accommodation was a standard plus 2 bedroomed caravan located on the ‘Longshore’ part of the park.

Check in was very easy and the reception staff extremely friendly and helpful, the caravan itself was modern and completely self-contained, providing all the items you need for a self-catering holiday (oven, microwave, crockery and cutley), we opted to have the bed linen provided and all beds were made up on arrival. We were impressed with the ensuite toilet to the master bedroom and the heaters that were inset to each of the bedroom wardrobes, overall we found the caravan spacious for 2 adults and 2 children.

Our stay happened to be during an extremely cold spell and at various points snow was falling! We opted to being spare duvets, an electric blanket and a portable fan heater and we are very glad we did. The gas fire provided was more than adequate but the extra items we brought with us did help keep us cosy.

Our location on the park was far from the on-site shop but that was not an issue as we drove everywhere, the beach was literally 2 minutes away and had the weather been better this would have been perfect for some quick trips to play on the beach.

As others have said, all the main supermarket’s have a presence in great Yarmouth so if you’re driving it is no trouble to pop to them and stock your cupboards.

Overall, we found the site clean and tidy and had absolutely no issues, we didn’t use the swimming pool or the restaurants on site as we opted to go to either Great Yarmouth sea front or drive to Hemsby or Scratby which are only 15 minutes away by car. We recommend the Haven site for location as the main attractions are just down the road and other seaside towns a short drive away.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hi Charlie Brown

I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave this great review, it’s very pleasing to read such nice comments. It’s also lovely to read you not only enjoyed Seashore but you got the most out of the local area and what it has to offer. It’s great to read you would like to return please advise if you prefer to stay in the Longshore area to request this when rebooking.

If you would like to discuss anything please don’t hesitate to contact me directly at the park seashoretripadvisor@haven.com

Kind Regards

Been to Seashore Holiday Park? Share your experiences!