“LOVELY HOTEL” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Prom Hotel

and 1 more site!
You added Prom Hotel to your Saves list
Prom Hotel
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   77 Marine Parade, Great Yarmouth NR30 2DH, England (Formerly The Lincoln Hotel)   |
Ranked #41 of 102 Great Yarmouth B&B and Inns
Rochester, United Kingdom
“LOVELY HOTEL”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

We visited this lovely hotel on Thur 19th Sep to Mon 23rd Sep 13 we stayed in room 107 what a lovely room very large and very nicely done the bathroom is really nice. when we arrived we were welcomed by David what a lovley and helpful person he carried all our bags to our room while my Husband parked the car. We had a really nice breakfast in the mornings and was served by a very pleasant young lady good selection. The room had a lovely sea veiw with balcony which was really nice. the parking was very good in a locked carpark right opposite the hotel we would highly recommend this hotel and stay in room 107 looking forward to going back and having same room.
SHARON & KEITH ROCHESTER KENT

Room Tip: ASK for room 107
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Huntingdon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We went for one night on a Saturday bed and breakfast, The staff were very nice, we were able to go to our room straight away, the room was in the 2nd floor with sea view. The only problem was that in the hotel car park opposite had flags flying and it blocked the sea view however when the wind stopped and the flags were still it was clearer view to the sea. The hotel had a pub joined onto it also called the Prom Bar. The only problem was that the pub closed about 2.30 am and the noise was still being heard till about 4 am due to the drinkers talking outside after the bar closed.
The food was good and the drinks were reasonable price. Breakfast was excellent. I would go to this hotel again but perhaps also have a few too many drinks and then I would sleep and not hear the noise.

Room Tip: Ask to be at the back
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We visited this lovely hotel on17th August , with our friends for my husbands birthday.
What a lovely welcome from Kayleigh , she was friendly lovely and very helpful, she gave our friends a 2nd choice of room, as she explained there room may be [ a bit noisy], which was very appreciated..
Both of our rooms were spotless, we had lovely sea views ,
Breakfast the next morning was delicious we had full English , good quality sausage, and hot toast unlimited coffee, only one waitress serving but she was BRILLIANT, very hard worker and very efficient, the prom bar/Pub staff were just as friendly , it has a very nice ambiance and nice surroundings .
We will definitely be visiting again .
Thanks again to KAYLEIGH you were so lovely,
Sharon and Vicky

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Hertford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed from Friday 23rd to Sunday 25th August. We have stayed here several times now in different rooms on different floors. This time we were on the top floor bit of a hike up the stairs but it was fine. The room had a nice view of the sea and pier, and parking is right outside in front of the cinema in a locked area. Parking is £3 a day which I think is very reasonable for this area and it is secure. I can defintely advise staying in this hotel it is 1 minute walk to the shops and the beach is right opposite the entrance. The Pub ont he Prom does lovely meals at reasonable prices and its not noisy. Staff are very friendly and attentive. The only downside this time was the bed in our room had a bit dip in it on my side of the bed, it didnt stop me sleeping as I am shorter than my partner but it wasnt that comfortable to sleep on. Also the WIFI in the hotel wasnt working very well and the signal didnt reach our floor of the hotel, but from speaking to the hotel they are looking to replace the whole WIFI system to something stronger and better.

Room Tip: Get a room on the first floor as cooler and you have less stairs to walk up and down.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Buckingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

me and my partner stayed here and it was lovely, rooms are very clean and tidy with sea views, staff are all very friendly and welcoming, the food was abit of let down but great location and pleasant stay,our room was on the corner above the bar and outside area but we didn't have any problems with noise and this was a friday night, previous reviews have mentioned problems with noise. would defo stay here again

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a long weekend & I specifically booked it due to the layout of the family room, there was a very spacious double with an ensuite & then a hallway leading to a further bedroom with 3 single beds in. It was perfect for us as the kids are older & don't really want to be in the same room as us. It's location is brilliant, the pub is great & both my partner & brother in law raved about the San Miguel (the best they've ever had apparently!) it's right by Regent Road & Britannia Pier a stones throw from the beach. The parking was in the cinema car park which is very close & secure much better than parking on the road. The downsides I would say were that the furnishings in the room could do with an update, the pine wardrobe in the kids room particularly as there was an elastic band around the door knobs to keep the doors closed ... It did amuse my daughter though when they took it off & not only the doors but the drawer opened too! Also we couldn't get the tv to work in the kids room but never got around to telling anyone until we left as we were out a lot so it wasn't a problem for us but obviously would be for some. I did think it was pricey but even so I would definately recommend it due to its fab location, the room layout, the parking & of course the pub. Also worth mentioning is Champagne Charlie's a few doors down, had a lovely evening sat outside with bubbly watching the world go by :-)

• Stayed August 2013
Sheffield, UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I do quite like this hotel, I've stayed a few times, but the last time an undercooked burger left me with sickness and vomiting for 24 hours, so I'll not be back.

Some rooms here are very large, and the bathrooms are always spacious and have a lot of surface space for towels/toiletries. The decor is very new and modern, and TV's etc. The power does go off if you remove your room key, which makes sense for cost as well as environmental reasons, but is annoying if you want to charge your laptop whilst out. Plug socket by the bed which is a must for me!

The car park annoys me greatly. You collect a key from reception (my car was in the process of being towed the first time I stayed while I collected the key!) go and unlock a padlock, park, close padlock, return key to reception. The car park isn't even "secure" because it's open to people walking through and therefore vandalism. Keycard access would be money well spent!

It also suffers from noise from the strip club opposite, until 1am, if your room faces it.

Aside from the food poisoning I probably would have dealt with the car park and stayed again (I'm around on business 2 days a week so I'd get bored of my favourites now and again!) but I can't face another 24 hours like that. Yes, it was extra fun negotiating the car park feeling lousy.

Room Tip: Ask for one away from the pub and as far from the strip club as possible!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Prom Hotel? Share your experiences!