“Absolutely brilliant” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Great Yarmouth
Bracknell, United Kingdom
“Absolutely brilliant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Just go there. Best hotel in the area. Wonderful food, friendly people, lovely rooms. They went out of their way to help with our wifi etc. will definitely be going back. They were wonderful. The hotel was in the quieter part of the main drag in Gt Yarmouth so no disturbance at night. You won't go hungry there that's for sure.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and were quite sad to leave.

Maggie and Ian Ramsden

Room Tip: We had a twin bedded room and it had a sea view. Brilliant
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Dunstable, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Me and my partner stayed an extre night, as this was such a lovely hotel. Clean, tidy, friendly, welcoming and also dog friendly!
Had the kippers for breakfast for another morning......so delicious, cooked to perfection!
Will hopefully be returning here again very soon.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Hamilton, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Great family run hotel, friendly with an excellent cooked and continental breakfast. However, I found the bed to be too hard for my liking and awoke with discomfort in my gluteus maximus which I put down to the hard bed as I know that's what happens if I sleep on too hard a mattress. Secondly, the parking behind the hotel is challenge if driving anything other than a very small car. With just 6 inches to spare on either side of the drive there is no room for error. What was even more frustrating (my wife guided me in by getting outside of the car and indicating if I was on the straight and narrow, literally) when we got to the back of the hotel there were NO spaces available and we had to repeat the process to get out - 30 meters of tight drive way.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Halesworth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

This was not our type of hotel, but we needed to be in Yarmouth and it had good trip advisor reviews. Easy to find on the sea front north of the town, there is an adequate car park at the rear, though the access track may be too narrow for some of the larger chelsea tractor type vehicles.
There was a function on when we arrived at about 16:00, and our reception was brusque as the member of staff needed to get back to the do.
Our twin room on the first floor was small, but the beds were 4ft beds, and the room had everything we needed. the bathroom was a bit tired, as were the towels, but everything worked.
We had two good nights sleep and two good breakfasts. breakfast was freshly cooked, and service was excellent.
an all round good experience at a hotel that clearly knows what it is doing.
If I have to stay in Yarmouth again I would stay at the Furzedown.

Room Tip: I think rooms on the front may suffer from noise from the bar
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I enjoyed a lovely stay at this hotel. The hosts were very friendly and very welcoming. The hotel was very nice (easy walk to the beach front) the room was very comfortable and the breakfast was very good (they happily catered for my wife's diet requirements due to pregnancy). Would definitely highly recommend.

• Stayed June 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

I took my time looking for somewhere I stay, looking at hotels sites and reviews. When wanting to enquire on a price, I thought I'd ring up each hotel in which took my fancy. I rung about 5 hotels, every hotel minus this one answered with a moody tone. This phone was answered with enthusiasm and it made me make up my mind straight away.
On arrival we were greeted and we went to our room. The room was clean and tidy, exactly what it says on the website. We were impressed and felt we had made the right choice. After an evening out we returned and went to the bar for a few drinks in which Lisa, Paul (the owners) and a friend were having a drink (along with their beauty of a dog too) and they were more than happy for us to join, and they made us feel very welcome.
Breakfast in the morning was delicious! There was a selection of cereal and fruit, tea coffee or orange juice as well as the choice of a full English (eggs how you like them) or kippers! (Which I wanted to try but was too hungover).
Overall, we would both return to this hotel as it was comfortable, clean and welcoming. We'd like to thank everyone in the hotel for their kind hospitality.

• Stayed June 2013
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Have just returned from a short 3 night stay at this hotel. I can honestly say that this hotel lives up to it's claims made on it's website. The photographs on the site are a true reflection of the property and what is on offer.

The staff are welcoming and are very geared towards providing you with the best experience and service- nothing was too much trouble.

The room was very comfortable and well kept and we had undisturbed sleep on every night.

The breakfasts were very good and the staff were only to happy to accommodate any variations that we requested. All the food was freshly prepared and we could not find any fault with the food that was served to us - trust me, I am very hard to please when it comes to my food.

The bar was well stocked and we found the car parking and free Wi-Fi very useful.

Would we return again? Yes we would happily return and extend the duration of our stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Furzedown Hotel? Share your experiences!