“"2nd visit....this place just gets better "” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #35 of 232 Restaurants in Great Yarmouth
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Chinese, British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The New Barking Smack Is Open For The 2014 Season Serving Real Ales, Lagers, Wine & Spirits. As Well As English & Chinese Cuisine. Families Welcome!!! (Please note from mid 2013 Bullitt Is no longer trading from the barking smack)
Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom
“"2nd visit....this place just gets better "”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Took a friend in for a meal last night, thought I may have oversold it to him over the last few weeks, telling him I had the best steak I'd ever eaten on my last visit, not a problem, he said it was the best steak he'd ever eaten as well! Definitely the place to go if you want to impress someone! Lucky Yarmouth having this little gem!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
bullittbbq, Owner at Barking Smack & Bullitt Restaurant, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thanks for the second visit & thanks for another awesome review.
Good reviews can quite often , as you say, "oversell peoples expectation"
but as long as the majority are happy were happy too. Were not posh, certainly not
expensive but we are purveyors of great local produce cooked with love right here
in our smokin hot kitchen lol!!!

“What restaurant did that last person visit ?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

At the bullitt restaurant we recieve the best customer service you can get at a restaurant. the same service every time and this is why we regually return. the food is great and the staff are brilliant too the choice of steaks are changing and comprehensive all dry-aged in the kitchen for the most delicious flavour, staff were polite organised and calm the decor in the restaurant is inviting and the sound of soul music in the background is great! not posh pretentious just relaxed

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you so much for a great supportive review.
It makes all the effort worth it!
“Don't understand how everyone love this place???”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We visited after lots of recommendations. We waited half hour for our drink orders. The owner was all sweaty and clearly stressed out. His attitude wasn't very welcoming. I found the menu overpriced and basic. The wine list is well overpriced with bottles from £20!! They ran out of fillet steak and the steaks we did have were not cooked to our specification. The Overall bill was extortionate for the little food we had. The mop bucket and Hoover was the view I had to contend with. I was gutted I didn't enjoy it. I believe he's shot himself in the foot so to speak, and cannot deal with the demand.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
England
“Just Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

After reading the reviews on Trip Advisor we booked a table at the start of our holiday. The pub was great, rustic and serving great local beers. As for the food it was simply wonderful, for starters my husband had salmon and I had chirizo cooked in local cider...then the main course, hand picked steak and pulled pork. I can honestly say that the steak was the best I've ever eaten and my husband loved the pulled pork. We loved the food so much we booked again for later in the week, this time we tried the burgers and again they couldn't be faulted. Such a shame each town doesn't have a Barking Smack!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
bullittbbq, Owner at Barking Smack & Bullitt Restaurant, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Really chuffed you enjoyed your experience with us and thank you for the review!
Norwich
“Will Definitely Visit Again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Visited the Barking Smack over the sunny Bank Holiday weekend and was very impressed. There are plenty of indoor and outdoor seating areas, the food was fantastic however the highlight was the Rekorderlig Cider which is served on tap and tastes better than the bottled version!

Will definitely visit again to try out more of their menu, I hope they have a good summer season.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
I hope you return soon too!
It was a pleasure for me & Kiria to serve you!
We often think about changing various aspects of the main menu like the chorizo & then we get praise for it, that makes it hard for us to make such decisions but soon we will have a 'Nduja sausage bruschetta that we hope will equally float your boat & be on par!
many thanks