“coach trip with national holidays” 4 of 5 stars

The Waverley Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   32 - 37 Princes Rd., Great Yarmouth NR30 2DG, England   |
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Great Yarmouth
newcastle
“coach trip with national holidays”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

just returned from a three day break, very pleasant and friendly stay, room was very clean and spacious, and en suite room was big with shower and bath. staff were courteous and friendly,and hardly working dining room staff couldn't do enough for you.
thank you for an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I was on a bus trip with Skills to Thursford Christmas Spectacular when I spent the night in this awful hotel. When we arrived I went to my room via a lift which was very small, no inner door and wires hanging from the top. As I am using a crutch I had no choice but to use it. The floor in my room was filthy as was the bathroom. The shower was dirty There was mould growing in the mug provided. I tried to complain but all I got was a replacement mug. When we returned from the show about 11 30pm I decided to make myself a cup of tea. I switched on my bedside light and then the kettle, I was plunged into darkness. I found the main light and It worked, it was the ony thing that did. The man who came to see me could not fix the fault so I spent the night with NO HEATING, NO KETTLE, NO BEDSIDE LIGHT, and NO TELEVISION. I went to bed in my dressing gown and socks but could not get warm. At about 7am next morning I went downstairs and asked for a cup of tea. The man on the desk looked at me and ignored me. Luckily the lady in the dinning roon heard and bought me a tray of tea to one of the lounges,she was the only good thing about the hotel. Myself and two other people who where affected in the same way complained to Skills and received £70 compensation. We all felt that we should have had a full refund as this hotel COMPLETELY ruined the whole trip for us but I suppose we must be grateful for small mercies.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Holt, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

stayed here with the hubby for a night away and the room was poorly finished with damp walls, tv didnt work the shower dripped loudly all night and the whole place had a horrible musty smell. couldnt really understand what manager said when complained and dont think he knew what we were saying as just kept smiling and nodding. food was awful would definatley not recommend

Room Tip: book somewhere else
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
sphc78, Owner at The Waverley Hotel, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear traveler,
We understand that you traveled in June 2012 but you have review us in Jan 2013. In case you had so many problems we have checked all our records but din't find a single complaint in our system.
The property has been fully renovated in 2011 and well maintained as per AA certificate standards. Needless to mention our AA certificate has been issued in 2012 after through inspections by them and these inspection are done on regular basis.
We are rated Gold members by Great yarmouth Tourist Authority and have a cosmopolition staff to assist travelers from different region.
All our rooms are checked before Handing over to customers.
Thanking you indeed,
rohit verma
Walsall, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

my partner and i visited the waverley hotel with a coach trip with davidUrqehart 24/27th december
lovely clean comfy place,had lovely room,
Staff were friendly couldnt do enough for you,
I was very impressed with the food all fresh lovely cooked food. I have travelled extensively and have never had or expected a christmas lunch like I have at home, Well the lunch I had here was brilliantly cooked and like home cooked, not massive choice but for the size of the Hotel well planned.
Drinks were a bit pricey i admit but hotels, you expect to pay more.
i think older people would like this hotel as they like good food,
I will definitely visit this hotel if ever i am in the region again,

Room Tip: sorry can,t help with this we had supper room at the front of hotel
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We stayed at The Waverley Hotel from 24-27 December as part of a coach trip through David Urquhart. I had already read previous reviews and arrived with mixed feelings. However, we were pleasantly surprised, both by the welcome and the cleanliness of both our room and the hotel overall. We had requested a quietly located room with shower and this was provided. Our room was surprisingly spacial, the bed was clean and comfortable, and the bathroom was spotless.

The meals were ALWAYS hot and the waiting staff (particularly Anita) went out of their way to make sure you were satisfied. On one evening, I didn't want either of the puddings so Anita offered an alternative instead. As our stay was over the Christmas period, it was appreciated the effort they had made to provide us with a very nice Christmas lunch, complete with pudding of course!

The Manager appeared to be on duty 24x7 as he was always around the hotel. The barman was particuarly considerate to those guests who were not so agile, carrying their drinks to their table for them. The only down-side was the prices of the drinks. We noticed that the hotel emptied on Christmas Eve and later found out that several of the guests had been to the pub on the corner of the road because the drinks were so much cheaper there. Perhaps if the drinks were priced lower, there might be more up-take at the hotel bar,thus encouraging people to drink there.
instead of going out.

Also, just one thing ...... in the small waiting area adjacent to reception leading to the dining room, there was a rug on the floor and, while we were sitting there, several people tripped over the corner of the rug. I know this hotel is used by several coach companies and these tend to cater for elderly people ... this could cause a problem to the less able people.

All in all a most enjoyable stay and if we are ever in the area again, we would be more than happy to stay at The Waverley.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

The room given was small and smelt mouldy.You could not understand the staff as they were from Asia and had a heavy accent which was difficult to understand.The breakfast was just about edible.
The entertainment was ok with just a few of us watcing and giving support.Majority of the guests were old age pensioners who were on a coach trip.
Overall not good value for money and would not go there again

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
sphc78, Owner at The Waverley Hotel, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear traveler,
All our rooms are checked before Handing over to customers.
Thanking you indeed,
rohit verma
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

This Hotel was great value. We went by coach with David Urquhart Travel, in October.
Staff excellent. Especially Anita, what a gem.
Food was good quality, home style cooking. You won't starve.
Room was large spacious and clean.
Position of Hotel is close to the front and within walking distance to the town centre and local bus services.
Would go back again, but in Spring/Summer.
Thank you Waverly for a great 4 days.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Waverley Hotel? Share your experiences!