We spent the weekend at this hotel. We arrived on Friday afternoon and had difficulty parking the car as the carpark was full. Finally we found a space and went to check in. Reception were friendly and welcoming. Our room was on the first floor and for some obscure reason had an instantly forgettable name instead of a number. The room itself was extremely well equipped. We wanted for nothing - except perhaps a bath! The shower, however was large, easy to use and the towels big and fluffy. We had a hospitality tray with fresh milk in the 'fridge. There was a safe on the floor of the wardrobe but neither of us could get down low enough to read the instructions as to how it worked...one would have to lie on the floor. The room had a huge balcony and faced out to sea. There was an ironing board, iron and trouser press. The lighting was excellent. There was air conditioning.
Our package included dinner and breakfast. The dinner option included food up to £35.00 per person for dinner. I doubt that we actually spent this amount even though we had 3 courses. It might be better to pay for what you eat.
The dinner menu is extensive and the food is excellent. We chose crepe suzette as our dessert on both nights and the man who cooked it at the table was not only extremely proficient but also very pleasant. In fact all the staff we met were convivial and seemingly pleased to see us. Service was effective and unobtrusive.
Breakfast was all silver service so no wandering around the dining room looking for things to eat. We both had haddock on each day which was cooked to a high standard and was a decent size and nice and thick. Again, the service was very efficient.
All in all this is the sort of hotel one would like to return to. We may well do so.
- Also Known As:
- Imperial Hotel Great Yarmouth
- Imperial Hotel Great Yarmouth, Norfolk
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Imperial Hotel is Great Yarmouth's only 4 Star hotel. We are an independent hotel managed by the 3rd generation of the family that have owned this hotel since the 1930s. We have stunning seaviews and provide an excellent location for both the business and leisure traveller and can assure you of a warm professional welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Imperial Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.