“nice caravan park” 4 of 5 stars
Review of California Cliffs Holiday Park - Park Resorts

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Great Yarmouth
California Cliffs Holiday Park - Park Resorts
You added California Cliffs Holiday Park - Park Resorts to your Saves list
Rottenstone Lane | Scratby, Great Yarmouth NR29 3QU, England   |
Hotel deals
A TripAdvisor Member
“nice caravan park”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

the caravan was lovely and clean nice to have the beds made up ready for our arrival. we had a silver caravan and unfortunaty the was hardly any wardrobe/cupboard/drawer space in the bedrooms there were only 2 of us and space was short how you would cope if there were 4/6 in the caravan I don't know. there was also no where to hang coats.
on the plus side the sight was kept lovely and clean, the food in the reasturant was good and the fish and chips from the fish and chip shop were lovely (cooked while waited).
the shop did;nt have much stock but it was the end of the season. because of the wet weather the grass where the cars went to park by the caravans was very muddy with some very deep muddy tyre tracks.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Park R, General Manager at California Cliffs Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am sorry you did not have enough storage space in your caravan. It is always helpful if when posting a review if you note your pitch number, we use Tripadvisor as a training tool to help identify trends with any complaints which gives us the ability not to repeat the same mistake.

Thank you for your comments regarding the food from the chip shop, we do cook to order to ensure your food is fresh although this can create a little more waiting time.

Unfortunately the shop is open on a seasonal basis so to carry the same amount of stock as we do in the summer would create too much wastage although we have made a commitment to improve stock levels for the final half term break in October.

The rain was heart breaking as we have a regular re-turfing schedule we could not keep up with due the level of rain last year. Let’s hope it will improve for the 2013 season. Thanks again for the review and we hope to see you back this year.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Clacton-on-Sea, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We arrived early afternoon and my first opinion of the park was small, we collected our keys in what appeared to be we first thought was the showbar, it was fairly small in size, with very small stage and not very welcoming at all. We asked and was glad to hear that there was in fact another Showbar..thank goodness... we collected our keys however our friends keys where not ready so we all descended on ours.
On finding our caravan, there was no parking area nearby that was concreted or paved, as the weather had been bad the grass area was somewhat churned by previous customers! This also meant on any occasion of leaving or returning to the caravan you had muddy shoes to contend with, so not great when with kids getting into and out of cars! Suggestion on paving some areas outside caravans would be of benefit.
I found it strange that the untidy/shoddy looking caravans and storage area used by obviously staff/cleaning/maintenance team was on the main road on view for all guests.
On visiting the Clubhouse the choice of drinks were very limited and considering that this was half term holidays i would have thought more of an effort would have been made in this area, while I fully understand the site would be closing and the gift shop was running down I would not have expected the main bar area to be doing the same, this was my first visit to a Park Resort Centre in 3 years and this experience would not make me want to return or recommend to a friend. The clubhouse is in need of a little tlc and the cleaning staff obviously need a refresher of how to clean the tables for the following evening. The sound system was also very overpowering especially for little ones ears and could have done with being turned down.
The amusements were of a pretty poor standard, quiet afew machines either not working or had frequent faults. The Waterside Bar (Where we had collected our keys from) is not an inviting place at all, and the menu was typed up on pieces of A4 white paper and stapled together, while I looked at the menu it did not in anyway entice me to purchase any food (Other members in our party did however and didn't rate it that good), the other uncomforting thing I found was how this bar is situated it gave a viewing area to the pool where I come across a man with beer appearing to be ogling the young ladies in swimwear using the pool.
The pool was obviously half closed due to the time of year, its of fair size with baby/toddler area which was freezing, and would suggest that people take in small bags and not use one that holds items for yourself, husband and child as the lockers are not large enough to hold them as we found.
The go kart area, and mini golf could do with a lick of paint but is very reasonably priced.
The areas that I would complement are the onsite chip shop, friendly bunch, and lovely food. Although the chips are priced at £1.99 they are of a very large size and could easily feed 3-4 people, the gift shop again friendly but obviously low on stock due to closing for the winter. We also visited the amusements over the road to the park after visiting the clubhouse and had much more fun over there than we had on the park itself, and the fast food outlet over the road also does a great Hot Dog when your in need of something after a good few drinks, and nothing is available on the Park.
Overall verdict, caravan we had was lovely but the park, and facilities could do with a great deal of redecoration and improvement.

Room Tip: Recommend Gold Plus/Platinum Caravans in colder months
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Sometimes you can be deceived by a holiday. It can seem like the best place ever, as was the case during our first visit to Park Resorts, California Cliffs earlier this year. So the best way to test the place, is to visit again.

So off we go to California Cliffs for our second short break at this venue this year. It was Park Finals weekend and we were returning to see the friends we had made on our first trip.

Yet again I have to say that our first impressions of this holiday park in May this year were confirmed. Upon arrival, the camp looked clean and tidy, with a scurry of staff hurrying about their business. The park maintenance staff going to and fro, someone walking about picking litter and cleaners hauling their buckets and mops. Unfortunately, the bad weather this year had taken its toll on some of the grassed areas, where people left the roadways to park next to the caravans. Considering the wet summer however, I still think the grassed areas had survived very well.

Upon arrival we headed to reception where we were greeted with a smile and a pleasant member of staff, who remembered us from our first stay four and a half months earlier. A sign of excellence in customer service in my eyes. We had arrived early and the receptionist checked our paperwork, took our mobile number and advised us that she would call as soon as the caravan was ready. Although she knew we had been before, she still took the time to explain all that was on offer. This again is a good touch as due to this being park finals week, some schedules etc were a touch different during the weekend.

We moved into the restaurant area to sit and have a coffee and relax from the journey on the very comfortable sofas they have. Within a short space of time, Jasmine, a member of the Teamstars Entertainment team came through, spotted us and came straight over to welcome us back. This was not just the courtesy hello but a warm genuine show of friendship. During the next hour we also met with other members of the Teamstars, Josie and Ray Ray, who gave the same genuine warm welcome.

We received our telephone call, as promised, advising us that the caravan was ready. Again we were very pleased with the accommodation. The caravan did have some slight cosmetic damage in a few places, but this is to be expected towards the end of a busy season. As someone who has worked as a holiday park maintenance engineer previously, I can assure you that they had done well to keep the caravan in as good clean condition as they had. Maintenance and cleaning at holiday parks like these is a very hard job. I have to give praise to the staff concerned. Especially as within 30 minutes of getting into the van, we had a visit from housekeeping, checking that we were happy with the accommodation. Something that I have rarely seen at some other holiday parks, owned by other companies.

After unpacking, we took our 7 year old son swimming in the pool. Again, the staff recognised us and gave a warm friendly welcome back. The pool complex was as we had first experienced. Very clean and excellently supervised at all times. The two main lifeguards we saw were named Pedro and Bobby. Both are on constant alert and do their jobs well. Unlike some swimming pools in other holiday parks, the staff we more interested in their jobs than being distracted by holiday makers in bikinis. My wife felt very comfortable being able to go swimming in her costume without feeling ogled at. All the pool staff are a credit to their employers.

Next came the evening entertainment. I can not give enough praise for the staff who make the evenings an experience to remember. The bar staff are professional and polite while still giving excellent customer service. They are friendly and helpful and take their roles seriously. I don't remember there being too many glasses left on tables for very long. A pet hate of mine is trying to find a table, only to have to clear it myself. The bar staff do a great job and can also be very proud. A special thanks has to be given to the bar manager, Kevin. He runs a very good service in the bar.

Lastly, a very special mention has to go out to the entertainments team. They are all fantastic and deserve a hell of a lot of praise. The team consists of Zippy (yes that is her real name), Rob, Greg, Ray Ray, Jasmine and Josie. They were also joined again this weekend by Daniel, who worked during the peak season. Park resorts take note. You have a very special team at California Cliffs. Even after such a long season, these guys still have bucket loads of energy and give it their all, remembering that not only do they provide evening entertainment, but also daytime activities as well. They worked extremely hard this weekend covering all their usual duties as well as getting everything ready for the park talent contest finals.
Two people in particular deserve a special mention though. Greg and Rob. One of the best, most natural comedy duos I have ever seen. Its Laurel and Hardy reborn. I would not be surprised if these guys are not seen on TV sometime in the future.

I won't go into as much detail as my previous report as I do not need to. If you wish to know what the park is like, then read my previous remarks. California Cliffs proved to us this weekend, that what we saw last time was what you get all the time. Excellent holiday with great facilities and awesome entertainment. The park is in deed a credit to Park Resorts.

Well done to all those at California Cliffs, thank you for two great short breaks. We have certainly made some great friends from these holidays.

Park Resorts management.... you have a great park here, great staff and super entertainments team. Please please try and keep this as it is. I will return as long as you continue to provide such excellence.

Many regards

Room Tip: Don't moan about any problems you find, just speak to the staff and they will work to rectify an...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Park R, General Manager at California Cliffs Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Wow what a review and so detailed, thank you. This is the type of review I look for when planning my own holiday or restaurant visit.

It is very disheartening to see the grounds suffer under the level of rain fall., We re-turf all the affected areas in the winter time but due to feedback provided by our guests we are now planning a mid season re-turfing plan for the 2013 season.

All the team love to see returning guests as it’s great to see a familiar face in a crowd of unfamiliar ones. They remember what they drink, eat and what they enjoy doing which gives us the opportunity to sometimes tailor make the experience, so please keep coming back as we get better and better.

Zippy and her Team are a credit to California Cliffs and Park Resorts. She is a true professional and a great leader so I will gladly pass on your thanks and add my own.

Thank you so much for so much information. You have given other potential guests a real insight into the park.

Great review, thank you.
Worcester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Had another great holiday at California cliffs. The last holiday was the 5th time of visting California cliffs. We have booked twice for next year. We had our first holiday back in September 2010. We stayed in a bronze so we could take our pet dog with us. The caravan had all we need and I was shocked it was a bronze , it was a lovely caravan (D62). We sadly lost the dog due too illness. We came back twice in 2011 and stopped in gold. Wow is all I can say. Great clean caravans with all you need and more. We returned twice again this year both times in gold. We booked twice again for 2013 before we left. All the times we have visited the park is clean and tidy. Check-in always easy and staff helpful. Caravans always very well cleaned. The bar staff are helpful and polite. Good choice on menu and good value for money. Teamstars all helpful and friendly. Sercurity very helpful. We ran out of gas one evening and rang sercurity who was came straight away and replaced the gas bottle. The last holiday we had a power-cut in our caravan and sercurity was quick to slove the issue with no fuss. We have hired items from the hire shop which is good vaule for money and once again friendly staff. The crazy golf is good fun and good vaule for money. The shop is well stocked and as a good range and is good vaule for money. The shop staff was lovely and friendly. The pool is very clean. Lifeguards very poilte and chatty. All the staff are helpful and polite. Lot's of places to visits. A good welcome pack with good money off vouchers. Good bus service right out side the park. Looking forward to returning in May and September 2013. Leanne from West Midlands

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Hi Leanne. Thank you for taking the time to post your review and for being such a loyal guest. Without guests like you we would not have a business.

It’s great to read that you have had such a great experience staying in two different grades of accommodation. We are all sorry to hear about your dog.

I am sorry you ran out of gas. We do have a system in place to ensure this does not happen and having looked into the problem it seems we had a minor break down in system that should not reoccur. As for the electric this can happen every winter however, we are constantly upgrading our electrics to reduce the amount of times it happens and it is great to see that we have responded so well to these issues during your stay.

You’ve provided a great description of the park so thank you. For the keen environmentalists, we have a bus stop directly at the entrance to the park that can take you wherever you want to go, which is ideal for exploring the local area.

It sounds like you met most of the team which is great and we look forward to seeing you again in May.
Colchester, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Just returned from finals weekend at Cali Cliffs and after being a regular visitor for the last 7 years I feel this was the best trip yet. This was made the best yet because of the excellent entertainment as the Teamstars excelled themself. This year California Cliffs have had the best Entertainments team I have ever seen. It stands out that all the Teamstars all work together well, all seem to get on so well and this helps deliver excellent performances. The shows they created were brilliant to watch and if there was a team of Teamstars like at Cali Cliffs this year at every other park owned by Park Resorts, they would be an even bigger company and Haven would be bust Teamstars make the park in my opinion. I wouldnt go back to a park if they had crap Teamstars. They all interacted with the crowd, worked hard and delivered performances with a smile on their face when at this stage of the year, inside they are probably shattered. Zippy the Manager, Rob, Greg, Jasmine. Josie, Ray and Daniel you are credit to Park Resorts! Also have to mention that the Caravan was spotless, Reception staff were helpful, the lifeguards (especially the bossman) were top drawer and yet again I leave the park having had a great time. I also got a great deal on a Gold Plus caravan for next Easter! Well done all. Much Love Simon, Toni, Savannah and Annabel x

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hi Simon and family! Thank you so much for your positive review. We’ve received such fantastic feedback about our Entertainments Team, which is a delight to read and which I will be passing on for them to read also. All of them work so hard and are practising until the early hours of the morning to ensure they deliver fantastic shows, thank you so much for recognising them and their hard work.

I have also passed on your comments to the Reception Team and Pedro our Sports & Leisure Manager who are all a credit to the Park.

We look forward to seeing you at Easter and thank you for your review.
Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We were here for the 4th time this year (strange because we don't normally revisit places so frequently). This time it was to see the Park finals, a special weekend where all the talent act winnwers trhought the year get to compete in the grand finals. In keeping with the speacial theme, the talented teamstars lead by Zippy Davies put on one off shows for the audience to enjoy while the jury come to decisions on the acts. I must say that these Cali Cliff Teamstars never fail to thoroughly entertain us (from kids to adults) .... I am really quite impressed. The shows included virtuso performences by the puppet comedian 'Alan Gum', an audience with Mrs Doubtfire, a Great Yarmouth Theme performance and song and dance routines by the gang (Zippy, Rob, Greg, Jazmin, Josie, Ray and Daniel) leaving the audience with belly laughs all night. Some kind of amalgam between Mrs Browns Boys, Tizwas, Little Britain, summertime special, and Gigglebiz.This is a major reason for us returning to this site 4 times this year. I hope we get to see this team in the new season. The staff are very helpful and polite. Park Resorts have definately got this site working well on so many levels.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Fourth time, that’s amazing thank you.

Park Finals is one week that the Entertainments team really enjoy as they get to see returning guests which gives them the opportunity to get to know them a little more. I’m so pleased you had such a great time, with belly laughs all night.

It sounds like you had a great time and I have passed on my thanks to all the team for what sounds like exceeding your expectations.

Thank you for your review and we certainly hope to see you at least 5 times next year.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

We had a really wonderful week. The caravan had a few little issues, but as soon as we spoke to reception, the issues were resolved. We switched caravans at one point, and the staff were appologetic and really helpful. Although we were staying at the end of the season, the childrens' entertainment was really exceptional. Both my children had a fantastic time and we have gone home looking forward to another visit very soon! I really liked the small, family feeling of this site. Yes there are sites with more facilities and this might suit many people, but for me, this smaller more personal site was much more enjoyable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to California Cliffs Holiday Park - Park Resorts? Share your experiences!