“Welcoming and friendly” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Swiss Cottage

and 1 more site!
You added The Swiss Cottage to your Saves list
The Swiss Cottage
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   31 North Drive, Great Yarmouth NR30 4EW, England   |
Ranked #33 of 102 Great Yarmouth B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Welcoming and friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

Both the host and hostess have always been friendly and helpful on the occasions that I have frequented this charming old house, the rooms have always been very clean and tidy and well set out, I would have no problem recommending Swiss Cottage, I personally look forward to my return visit next year. Dennis L

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
bbriggs, Owner at The Swiss Cottage, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Always good to welcome back those to know and like our place and you do more than some. See you in 2015.
All the best

Bob and Barbara

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
oxon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I can't believe that anyone could be unhappy with the facilities here. We have always been very comfortable and well looked after and have no hesitation in recommending Swiss Cottage to family and friends.

Room Tip: Have a chat with the owners - I'm sure they'd suggest which room would be best for you if yo...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
SwissCottage, Owner at The Swiss Cottage, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Hello,
Thanks for the nice review and glad you enjoyed your stay. Coming to the end of season and close in November but reopen March 2014. Prices held for those who book now.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

My wife, father and myself was greeted on our arrival with a wonderful smile. My father is an aged gentleman and as difficulty with stairs, no problem we was given two excellent down stairs room; one an annex ideal for my father a very comfortable single room with own shower and toilet. for ourselves another comfortable single room again with own shower and toilet. both room had comfortable beds and a very good standard of cleanliness this standard was found every where we went in the guest house. Barbara the host was always helpful and serve an excellent breakfast, of which there was plenty and good quality. And of course our dog was also made very welcome and allowed to stay with us in the guest room, of course keeping him off the bed as requested. Hope they keep welcoming dogs. My father had also a lovely stay with us John and Barbara Hart

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
SwissCottage, Owner at The Swiss Cottage, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Glad we could accommodate all including the dog :-) and was nice to see you all. Your week was one of the best weather in Great Yarmouth, like lots of that.

Hope to see you all sometime soon.

Perth, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I was the only visitor apart from a butterfly collector who left on the first morning I was there.
I had booked a single room which was totally inadequate as the size was so small that I had a problem as to where I would put my luggage. The bathroom was tiny, and the sink so small that I could not fill up the kettle (supplied for tea/coffee) as it was not big enough to get the kettle under the tap. The bed also was very small, and the room was so cold that I had to ask the woman if I could have some heating on, to which she replied that nobody else had had this problem, however heating was turned on for a short period of time. The toilet was situated above the front door which was accessed via some steps and a small annex type area. A problem when you flushed as it was not discreet.
I asked and offered to pay for an upgrade room, but was informed that the one on the ground floor was already booked, and that all other larger rooms were upstairs, and being that I had a mobility problem they were of no use to me. I found this strange as the tiny single room I was given was also 'upstairs', and that there were no other guests in the house.
I spent 2 nights in this guesthouse, even though I had paid for 5. I was not offered any refund, not even partial. I will not return.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
SwissCottage, Owner at The Swiss Cottage, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Mrs Bebb contacted a long time before visiting and it is true when she arrived was very quiet, in fact GY was in general. The seaview room 6 has 2 sinks one in the shower room and the other in the toilet room. She used the wrong sink as the toilet rooms basin is full size but said nothing. The bed is a full size SINGLE bed and the temperature was ok ,even so coming from Australia may have seemed cold.We turned on the heating for her. The room is configured with the shower room at one end and the toilet at the other so not sure what the complaint is here. We did offer an alternative but as stated Mrs Bebb had mobility problems which had not been mentioned before. It is strange as the rooms offered are just a few steps up from her single included a large king room as well as a superking, higher price though even with single occupancy.
We are sorry her stay wasn't suitable for her but we tried everything we could to help.
The single seaview room 6 is liked by many and the previous reviews show how much.
Minster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Stayed previously last year with my 2 daughters and decided to give it another go as the hotel was spotlessly clean with excellent hosts and a great breakfast. I can't praise the hosts enough because nothing is too much trouble. I would recommend the Swiss Cottage to anyone and is in an ideal position just outside the town on the front but only 2 mins walk. Will be returning

• Stayed June 2013
SwissCottage, Owner at The Swiss Cottage, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thanks for coming to stay with us again. Sorry for the fun and games with the mobile phone. Think an update is needed :-)

Barnsley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I stayed here over the Easter weekend 2013. It was ideally situated with a great view of the sea from the dining room and opposite the waterways. I only met Barbara and she was so friendly and me me feel very welcome. As I was staying there on my own (my family were staying at the nearby Haven site) it is always a relief to feel able to ask questions or just chat if time permits. Whatever I wanted for breakfast was made and was very enjoyable. Comfy bed with a sea view- you don't really need much more. I would recommend Swiss Cottage to anyone.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Your guaranteed a very warm welcome
The rooms are spotless and there is a very comfortable lounge
The food excellent
The hotel is within walking distance of the town
There is Wi Fi available
We go twice a year and would not think of going anywhere else in Yarmouth

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the sea
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
SwissCottage, Owner at The Swiss Cottage, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Hello Maureen and Barry,
Thank you so much for the review. Hoping the weather will improve soon and will be good on your next visit.

kind regards

Bob and Barbara

Been to The Swiss Cottage? Share your experiences!