“A very enjoyable stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Tower House Hotel

You added The Tower House Hotel to your Saves list
The Tower House Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Master Lane (off Upper Washer Lane) | Pye Nest,Sowerby Bridge, Halifax HX2 7EW, England   |
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Halifax
Wrexham
“A very enjoyable stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

Bedrooms very modern but very comfortable, king size beds you could turn over in without falling out, the bathroom was superb with a large bath and separate shower. I was intrigued by the hydraulic toilet seat, just touch downwards and it came down on its own, slowly. There was a couch and large screen television in the bedroom, tea and coffee making facilities and a separate, easy to use alarm clock. Best bit of the stay apart from a lovely breakfast was a snack on the patio at around 3pm, the kitchen was closed but we were told 'order what you like, no problems.' The order arrived very quickly, superbly presented and good value for money. The drinks were served from the bar, white wine was well chilled and good quality, the Timothy Taylor's ale was clear and creamy. Breakfast was filling, a full English is offered as well as Continental, so we had the full English and we were full !! Would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

I booked the hotel last minute, and was absolutely enthrawled with it, The Check in was warm, Friendly and speedy. The Manager personally showed me to my room which had been recently refurbed (as had the rest of the hotel) The finish was modern and comfortable.

We went to the again newly refurbished restaurant and bar, for our evening meal and found a great selection of food on the menu, I had the beer battered fish and chips and my colleague had the chicken chausser, both were very well presented and tasted just as nice.

We stopped in the bar for a few drinks, that were reasonably priced, and chatted with the very friendly husband and wife management team, who were more than happy to pass on there knowledge of the surrounding areas,

When I retired to my room I found the bed extremely comfortable and got a very good nights sleep (which I do struggle with in most hotels)

In the morning I chose to stick with the included in the room price continental breakfast, which again was very tasty, you can pay extra and have a full English breakfast, which I could only imagine is worth every penny, if the evening meal was anything to compare it against.

All in all I would not hesitate in recomending this hotel to anyone and will definately return there when I am working in the area again,

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Rochdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2010

If you visit this hotel then you will most certainly be returning . It is a family run business and by the time you are leaving you feel part of the family . We have visited on a few occassions now as they have excellent entertainment on we have been to see Robbie Williams there and also Diana Ross and on the both occassions we have had a fantastic night . The food is very scrumptious and plenty of it . The rooms are beautifull and have been furnished very very well and as for the breakfast well .......... say no more but try it out for yourself . Nick and her family are lovely genuine people . A big must to go and visit .

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Spennymoor
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2010

I have recently stayed at this fantastic hotel for 2 days, as i was away on business. As I entered the car park, I was very pleased with my choice, ample free car parking, a beautiful hotel in a gorgous setting. Check-in was friendly and swift, the bedroom had been refurbished to a very high standard, very comfortable beds and pillows, Digital Freeview TV, bathroom was small although very very nice with a state of the shower to die for. All in all perfect for the corporate market. I had the delightful pleasure in meeting the owners of the property during my stay, although they were new to the industry there passion for the business ouses out of them. Everyone I encountered during my stay was so warm & friendly and nothing was too much trouble. A real home from home in a great refurbished property. When i normally travel to different hotels Wi-fi is a deal breaker for me. So i was again very pleased they had high speed Wi-fi accesible in my bedroom and bar area at no extra cost, on this occasion i did not have the pleasure in sampling the food but if everything else was to go by i'm sure that would hit the spot also. I would like to wish the Hotel,Owners & staff all the very best for the future I can only see the business growing from strength to strength. As a Gm in the industry myself I know you will not need it.

Chris

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
bradford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2010

Went to the Tower house Hotel at Pye Nest, Halifax with some Friends of ours, This was recommended by our friends, On arrival we were greeted by Nic and given a quick guided tour of the hotel and the facilaties it has to offer, After an extensive refurbishment Nic and her family are understandably proud of what they have achieved at the tower House, and the guest rooms and function rooms have all been finished to a very high standard. However on this occasion we were there to just dine, The menu offered a good selection, and all four of us had starters and main courses with coffee and icecream to finish, all washed down with a couple of ciders and some house red. All the food was very well presented and tasty and the atmosphere was relaxed and unhurried, and the cost was surprisingly low for the quality of the food and service provided, certainly worth it and we will back in the near future
Steve Sandy paul Eunice

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Rochdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2010

Just got back from a Robbie Williams tribute night at the tower house, our friends recommended this hotel as they had just been there for a meal, what can I say, absolutely fantastic, It's just been refurbed to a very high standard and Nic and the staff can't do enough for you, a hot buffet was included in the price of the tribute £16 ea and the food was excellent (and probably worth more than this on it's own,) We stopped in one of the suites for the night and again this has been refurbed to a very high standard
and a comfortable nights sleep was had, breakfast in the morning was also delicious,
well worth the extra £6 more than the continental included in the price of the room, The hotel is trying to establish itself as a place to go to see quality tribute acts and theme nights in a relaxed/ friendly atmosphere and we for sure will be visiting again in the near future.......Suddy + Col

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2010

we had a fantastci show night at this fabulously refurbished hotel. IGNORE THE NEGATIVE POSTS THEY ARE THE OLD HOTEL.

It is an ultra modern hotel done up to the highest spec, it has that friendly atmosphere, coupled with a modern chic decor. The food was fabulous and the owners were really friendly. The bedrooms are to die for, they are the best rooms i have ever seen in an hotel and the circular resteraunt is awesome. There is a seperate wedding area on the premises so if you want the whole package of getting married there and having the reception at the same place, then this is a perfect venue and the Honeymoon suite is AMAZING!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to The Tower House Hotel? Share your experiences!