“An excellent find........” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Tower House Hotel

You added The Tower House Hotel to your Saves list
The Tower House Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Master Lane (off Upper Washer Lane) | Pye Nest,Sowerby Bridge, Halifax HX2 7EW, England   |
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Halifax
Certificate of Excellence 2014
England
“An excellent find........”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

Whilst travelling on business, I found to my horror that the usual 'chain' hotel I use in the area was fully booked. A search of the web turned up the Tower Hotel which seemed to have availability and looked ok.

A phone call to the Hotel put me in touch with Robert, a nice chap, the manager I believe, who quickly convinced me this was a fantastic place to stay, with an on site restaurant and bar facility.... taking him at his word, I booked.

The Hotel was easy to find, had ample parking and I was greeted by a friendly "receptionist / bar tender / restaurant manager person' - I am not sure if this young lady receives all three salaries for this multi skilled role, but she certainly deserves it - she was very efficient.

I was shown up to a modern, tastefully decorated bedroom which was exceptionally clean with an excellent bathroom and a great shower.

After ditching my bags, I found an excellent cask ale at the bar which was very reasonably priced. My food order was taken in the bar and I was invited through to the restaurant when the food was ready to be served. The meal was excellent - but unfortunately the portion sizes were large and I needed an additional couple of pints to aid digestion (the beer was good!).

An excellent nights sleep followed in a comfy bed and a piping hot shower set my up nicely for the the included continental breakfast. A full cooked breakfast was available for a very reasonable £6.95, but I decided to go for a equally good bacon sandwich.

The bill I received in the morning confirmed I had received excellent value for money and I left a very happy customer.

This is a great place to stay, very friendly, great food, great beer - I will definitely use this hotel as my number 1 choice next time I am in the area.

Well done to Robert and his team - they are certainly doing a lot right!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Leicester
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

We stayed here as part of a function and is probably only reason why people would stay here. Not in a horrible way, but wouldn't really suit a person staying as part of a holiday as there are no facilities, it's quite isolated and mainly consists of function rooms and a bar.

Staff were really helpful and friendly, rooms were well laid out, modern and really clean (fab bathrooms and shower).

Bathroom was slightly disappointing as only continental style is offered with room price and its pretty average. However, pay £7 or so and you can have a full English which wasn't bad and is set out in a large, modern conservatory.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Wakefield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

Stayed here 31st March, a friend was having her 40th birthday party there, checked in at 3pm upto the room, down to the bar at 5.30, few drinks then changed and party time.
everything about the place was brilliant, all the staff, the food at the party, the room everything.
The bedrooms where a good size with a really comfy bed, not that i can remember much about sleeping. Breakfast served until 10am and it was yummy
All in all a brilliant night and a brilliant place to stay

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

Stayed here to attend friends birthday. Lovely hotel, room a little small but modern, clean and bright. Staff were extremely helpful and welcoming nothing was too much trouble. Breakfast was delicious and again nothing was a problem. Surroundings were peaceful and grounds were well maintained. Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

Quite a find of a hotel, petite, perfectly formed and welcoming. Was in the area for business and found the hotel to be most accomodating. Especially appreciated the flexibility and personal service they provide. Ended up staying here Sunday to Friday for the two weeks I was in the area. Have already booked my next business trip with them for April.
Would highly recommend

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Brighouse, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

went for a night away from kids . Went there for a meal a few years ago always said we would come back again. Was like home from home staff throughly charming and really knew their menu. Only reason I put very good was didnt realise the size of the bath but next time we know bridal suite !!!! I didnt ask for a big bath nor did I say anything because I do believe the staff would have moved us and I didnt want to appear fussy. Room was fab though and POWER SHOWER didnt want to leave the room. Bed was soooooooo comfy x At the night we ate in the restaurant Starter of Spicy crabs fantansic yummy I had Lamb Shank which fell off the bone delightfully my other half had the mixed grill and was warned by Emma (Waitress) dont attempt unless you are a very big eater this was a challenge which my other half took on but was beaten very quickly lol overall throughly enjoyable stay would recommend to anyone i am even looking into holding my wedding there ! x

Room Tip: If you want the proper romantic break book the bridal suite cos of the hugh bath x
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

I stayed for two nights and on my own. I felt totally comfortable in this hotel, as the staff were so friendly. It is not far outside Halifax centre though taxi required. I did not go outside the hotel as it appeared to be in a residential area, with cobble streets so heels would have been ruined. The decor is modern though warm too. The food was spot on, and service was excellent. My room number 4 was tiny, though the space was well used. Really comfy bed, I dont sleep well away from home, but I did here. If you are looking for value for money, clean, good food, great staff, somewhere to relax then this is the place I would recommend.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to The Tower House Hotel? Share your experiences!