We were looking for somewhere to stay near to a restaurant we had found for our Anniversary in Ripponden. After days of searching different hotels, I stumbled across this little gem.
The apartment was extremely cheap for a full apartment. The rooms were completely spotless and had a great view across the roof of the building behind the pub, across to the countryside. We will definitely be visiting these apartments again for another short break as they were perfect for a night (or two) away.
There were only a couple of tiny things that I think could be improved:
1) There was only 1 bath towel and 1 hand towel provided for 2 guests (luckily we had read the other reviews and taken our own, but this could be improved);
2) There was not quite the adequate cooking utensils needed. No sharp knife for cutting/chopping or chopping board. But adequate pans, crockery etc;
3) There is only 1 mirror in the bathroom (again, having read other reviews before our stay, I took an extension lead with me, when we got there though I noticed that the mirror could be taken off the wall and moved into the bedroom, so not a major issue);
4) There is a dangerous piece of the carpet gripper rod sticking out of the carpet by the small step leading up from the living room/kitchen towards the bedroom and bathroom. Andy cut his toe quite badly on this in the middle of night and we did not have a first aid kit with us; and
5) The bedroom was extremely hot, as I think this Saturday was one of the hottest days of the year, and so a fan would have been really useful (another thing we could have just taken ourselves though).
As I said, these are very minor things and did not detract from the enjoyment of our stay.
We will definitely be back! :-) Thank you
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautiful grade 2 listed 18th Century building converted into gorgeous one bedroom apartments available for Bed & Breakfast. Located in the lovely village of Ripponden, fantastic walks available on your doorstep! Close enough to travel between Manchester, Leeds, Halifax & Huddersfield. The apartments have a double bedroom with en-suite bathroom, fully equipped kitchen including hob and oven, good sized living room with flat screen television.Continental Breakfast is included. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo so you can book your The Butchers Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.