“Clean, spacious but basic of course” 4 of 5 stars

Premier Inn Halifax Town Centre
Broad Street Plaza, Halifax HX1 1YA, England   |
Ranked #2 of 11 hotels in Halifax
Worthing, United Kingdom
“Clean, spacious but basic of course”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Good location, let down only by difficult parking - far too easy to park in restricted bays. No food, of course, unless you count the entirely plastic-looking breakfast. Room very clean, big (family room) and quiet. Excellent value for money

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Andrea H, Manager at Premier Inn Halifax Town Centre, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am grateful for your feedback about your stay. We look forward to seeing you again. Kind regards, Andrea Heron

230 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I have honestly never been to a hotel where the staff were as polite and conscientious. The little things are what make customer service count and from the reception staff asking how you are and wishing you a nice day to the cleaners also asking after you. The whole staff were a credit and most were young kids ( to an old fogey like me) and to see these manners was just great. We had a great stay, my two young kids loved it and we have been to about 20 premier inns and this was our favourite. Their is a beefeater next door with an open kitchen and the food is great and the staff brilliant again. The premier inn is located 2 minutes from the town centre and even better there is a cinema, weatherspoons ( with a great view of the city) nandos, Mexican, Chinese, harvester, TGIF Fridays and pizza express. You literally don't have to move 100 yards for a meal and entertainment and halifax town centre is great, quaint and interesting a are the museums especially bankfield house.

Go here, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Andrea H, Manager at Premier Inn Halifax Town Centre, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind compliments about the team here at Halifax Town Centre Premier Inn. The team always like to see that we are meeting the standards we set ourselves and what our guests expect. I have also passed on your comments to the Beefeater restaurant next door, and they couldn't be more pleased. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future, as the team would look forward to greeting you again.
Kind Regards,
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We stayed in this hotel in early February while visiting family in Halifax. I've previously stayed at a number of Premier Inns so knew roughly what to expect and should confess up front that I'm a fan of the chain. When in Halifax I've also stayed at The White Swan but on this occasion the Premier Inn was marginally cheaper.

On the plus side, the hotel is new and everything is very clean and tidy especially the bathrooms. The rooms are equipped to the usual high standard and the staff are among some of the friendliest I've dealt with, including the breakfast servers. The hotel is ideally located for the town centre and the new entertainment complex. Although our room overlooked the Mecca bingo we were high enough up not to be troubled by traffic noise. Parking was fine, although I would generally prefer secure parking rather than in the multi storey

We had a couple of minor niggles. Firstly our room was not serviced on the second day so I had to ask reception for clean towels and more tea/coffee etc. This was delivered promptly and the receptionist did offer to have housekeeping come to make the bed (which we weren't bothered about) but I got the impression this was not unusual for guests staying more than one night. Secondly, I'm used to staying in Premier Inns with really big beds - this time it was just a standard double size. Thirdly, the breakfast was lovely but the ordering went a little wrong and my vegetarian meal arrived with meat sausage. Lastly, the hotel foyer is a little impersonal and could do with a bit more atmosphere e.g. somewhere to have coffee or a drink.

Overall a very good stay and would definitely recommend

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrea H, Manager at Premier Inn Halifax Town Centre, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Pebble123, thank you for your kind compliments with regards to your recent stay. The team are delighted with your comments about their service and are glad you enjoyed your time in Halifax. We hope the few niggles that you encountered won't discourage you from staying with us again in the future.
Kind regards,
Scarborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We usually stay at Travelodges but decided to pay just a little bit more and try this new hotel right in the town centre, and were very pleased with it. The hotel is clean and the room was comfortable with enough space to hang/store everything. The only thing I did not like in the room was the soap dispensers, presumably standard now in Premier Inns. I used my own soap as I always take some with me when I travel. Overnight something went wrong with the toilet flush mechanism, we managed to flush eventually. The reception staff were very nice and welcoming on arrival. When we left we mentioned the toilet problem and the receptionist was apologetic about it. We did not eat at the hotel, there are about 8 restaurants to choose from in the immediate area and more a short walk away.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrea H, Manager at Premier Inn Halifax Town Centre, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. I’m delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and we have noted and are addressing your comments about the toilet so we can avoid similar issues in the future. We hope to see you again soon.
Kind regards,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night, as it was valentines weekend, hotel was very shiny and new, not keen on the very sparse reception though, rooms were typical premier inn, nice, clean, hot shower....very hot!, there's a plug at bedside too! and the hair dryer is in front of a mirror, all big pluses!! parking is across the complex in a multi storey car park, bit of a palaver with pay machine, make sure you have £5 in change
Hotel is close to town centre, and is slap bang on complex with cinema, restaurants, gym etc, so very handy
Breakfast was normal premier inn set up....but no hot buffet (waiter takes your order) nice and tasty breakfast as you expect, good stay at good price

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrea H, Manager at Premier Inn Halifax Town Centre, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Lilchickape. Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves in Halifax. We are hoping that the car park management are able to install a debit/credit card reader very soon to make things a little easier. We are glad you like the location and hopefully you will book with us again when you are next in the area.
kind regards
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

It's location is perfect for a leisure weekend away. The staff were friendly, the hotel was clean and the rooms were spacious as you would expect from a Premier Inn. My only gripe really was the breakfast. The hot breakfast wasn't self service, we ordered ours and it was brought to us while we were still eating our cereal. It was basically dumped in front of us while we were still eating and the table wasn't the biggest so we had to move what we were eating to accommodate it. I think this could have been avoided if the waitress had checked if we were ready. Also, there was a good selection of tea to drink, but only one choice of coffee, I asked if I could have a latte and would told I'd have to pay extra for it. That is a first for me, I've visited Premier Inn many times and NEVER had to pay for a latte.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts on Tripadvisor, we really value your feedback. I am pleased you would come back to Halifax Town Centre Premier Inn again. I have passed on your comments to the restaurant regarding the issues with breakfast and they are looking into the matter. Look forward to seeing you again soon.
Kind regards, Andrea Heron
Great Malvern, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

This is a very handy hotel for the cinema. we took in a late night screening after dinner as it was only 200 yards back to the hotel. There are so many restaurants to choose from you could eat at a different one each night for a week.

Stayed February 2013
Thankyou for posting your review. We are really pleased you enjoyed your stay. I agree that you are never short of choices for dining and we are in a great location for all the entertainment in Halifax. We hope you will stay with us again very soon.
kind regards
Andrea H.

Been to Premier Inn Halifax Town Centre? Share your experiences!