“Brightness in the mist” 5 of 5 stars

london
56 attraction reviews
“Brightness in the mist”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Did not go inside, but walked to the site after dark through the graveyard. Very impressive when lit and an evocative atmosphere in the moonlight.

Visited February 2013

Halifax, United Kingdom
54 attraction reviews
“Great views”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I have climbed the stairs many times because the views are really exceptional. can be a bit cold at the top so take a coat. Climbing the spiral stone stairway gives you regular views through small open gaps.

Visited May 2012
Halifax
“Feeling dizzy!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

It's always worth visiting local history, but the spiral staircase did make me feel a bit queasy & its quite hard to pass others on the staircase as it's narrow. It's good for a trip out though & reasonably priced, a good bit of exercise & the view from the top is well worth it (unless you're afraid of heights!).

Visited March 2012
4 attraction reviews
“A trip to the top of a local landmark”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I climbed the tower with my husband and 4 year old daughter at 39 weeks pregnant in an effort to start my labour off! We loved the chance to be at the top of a folly (yes it's a folly, not a tower!) that dominates the local skyline. I like the fact that it's is not open to climb all the time as it gave our trip a real novelty factor. It was a lovely clear day so we could see for miles around, great if you are local but if I'm honest not that great for out of towners that will have no idea of what they're looking at!

The climb up the steps was great fun, although you do need to duck in windows to allow those coming down to pass you as the stairs are very narrow, which might freak some people out.

I also like the little certificates that were on sale for 20p to mark your achievement of making it to the top. I gave birth to my son a week later so it didn't work!

32 attraction reviews
“Not a lot to see”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

To me, Wainhouse Tower was always the 'witches tower' that glowed green at night. I visited with both my primary school- The Gleddings and my secondary school- Crossley Heath. Up close, there isn't a hell of a lot to see if I'm honest!