“Nice food but overpriced” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #51 of 240 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: This is a pub restaurant
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Nice food but overpriced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I've been here twice and really enjoyed the food on both occasions, the food is home cooked and large portions. But I do think the menu is slightly overpriced for pub food.

Visited February 2013

Bradford
“Too expensive for what you get”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I won't be going again. I have been here several times with my family. There are usually between 8 and 12 of us and we spend quite a bit while we are there. However they have recently increased their prices and the quality of the food has gone down. On our last visit on 3rd March my partner had fish and chips. The batter on the fish was soggy and virtually inedible and the fish tasteless. The burgher I had was nice BUT cost £11.95. I have had better burghers with additional garnishes and a side salad at 2 nearby pubs for £7.95 and £8.95 that were larger and just as good in terms of quality. The chips that came with it were also soggy. We had a table booked but had to stand around waiting for a while before we were seated. I think the place is trading on its previous good name and their approach to customers is now a cynical one of let's get what we can out of them.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Nice country pub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Always like to see a pub busy and throbbing with atmosphere and this is no exception. Lovely place for a sunday roast and good parking and good atmosphere.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Halifax, United Kingdom
“lovely place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I love this pub! Fantastic and friendly staff, cosy atmosphere and fab food! The portion sizes have sadly decreased on some of the meals recently while the prices seem to have increased but I guess that is just a sign of the times! The quality of the food is outstanding and obviously fresh and home-made. I will definitely be visiting again.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Sunday Lunch Kids portion, disapointed.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

A friend recomended the sunday lunch so the wife and i gave it a try,£10 .95 each and i must say the food was very taisty but i staired in disbelief when it was put before me! 1 very small yorky x2 roast potatoes,i kid you not 5 green beans, 1 small spoonfull of peas and 1 spoon of mash and a piece of chicken breast.1 small ball of seasoning and a spoonfull of turnip, the plate was vurtualy devoid of any gravy(not visible) but i was asked would i like some more, Eh! No condements of any kind on show.oh and by the way no tip.Outside others comented on the same, guess i should have had the beef baggette and chips.

• Visited February 2013