“Poor service and average food” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The Shoulder of Mutton

The Shoulder of Mutton
1 Carr House Lane, Shelf, Halifax, West Yorkshire | Between Bradford & Halifax, Halifax HX3 7RB, England
+44 1274 679179
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #172 of 232 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: English
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Beautifully situated in Shelf, the Shoulder of Mutton is an iconic pub serving great food, with a sunny beer garden and a warm & comfortable interior. The team strive to create and environment that everyone can enjoy and their aim is to keep up to date with current trends with food and drink. All food is prepared freshly on the premises, using only the very freshest, locally sourced ingredients. A warm welcome awaits you from Luke , Stacey and team at the Shoulder of Mutton.
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Poor service and average food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2015

Arrived around 1pm for a pub lunch as the menu looked really nice. On ordering we was told there would be an extra wait than normal as there had been a rush on orders but as the place didn't seem too busy we said ok. We waited an hour for our food and as there was only one girl serving it came out very slowly and the six of us all ended up eating at different times. By this time we were all very hungry but was very disappointed as the food was very average and not very well made or presented. My bacon on by burger still looked raw and all the fat was still white and another in the group ordered a chicken club sandwich which first came out in a wrap so had to wait longer for them to put it right. Then when it did come out the bread wasn't buttered and looked like it had just been thrown together, my 8 year old daughter could have made a better effort. All in all the food was terrible along with the service. Will not be returning.

Visited April 2015

Bradford, United Kingdom
“COULDN'T CARE LESS ATTITUDE OF LANDLORD”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2015

You won't like this=I used to go in regular on Sundays to support Mark who runs karaoke,I have been working Sundays for a while and returned last Sunday 29 March, was amazed the state the place was in,tables that stuck to your hands,staples sticking out under chairs to stab hands of the unwary,food brushed of tables on to chairs to soil your clothes,hand dryer in toilet broken.tap on vanity unit bust through surface,window frame held together with one inch of silicone,pipes to flush urinal broken radiator absolutely filthy,My partner says ladies loo the same disgusting,rest of pub carpets stuck up with trodden in food,
Anyway put my HUGO BOSS £199.00 jacket on back of chair to find when ready to go a patch 2 inch by one torn out plus a tear lower down created by screws sticking out of next chair, I spoke to the landlord his answer you can have the chair.(this to me an admittance of liability)
this place has gone down since LEO left.

Visited March 2015
“Kicked out in snow”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2014

Went for birthday drinks Boxing Day night. Snow got really bad, couldn't get a taxi from anywhere due to snow conditions. Bar maid then informed us they was calling last orders at 10.30pm who was very rude to us as we had nowhere to go so we basically were getting pushed out in to freezing conditions. Very unhappy with the service we revived.

• Visited December 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Nice food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2014

We usually eat in the pub further down the road but heads glowing reviews about this place so gave it a go, I had the steak and ale pie, very juicy and tender, my brother had a pizza was very Impressed. Keep it up

• Visited November 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“disgusting.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2014

Had steak n ale pie, had to send it back because the tiny crust that was on it was burnt underneath, when it came back and I stared to eat it, the meat was very tough, I ate it but to be honest it was awful, my husbands burger was not much better.the place was mucky and had no atmosphere.on paying our bill I told the young lady that it was awful and was not even given an apology.we won't b e going back.I am disgusted.

• Visited November 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
LukeReviews, General Manager at The Shoulder of Mutton, responded to this review, November 4, 2014
I have been away this last week and am saddened to find that your stay was less than satisfactory.

We take our customer feedback very seriously and look to improve wherever we can. The areas of concern you have raised have been addressed and appropriate action has been taken to correct the situation.

Therefore, I would like to invite you and a guest back to our venue for a complimentary meal to rectify the matter. If you could email me your details - info@shoulderofmuttonshelf.com and I will send you vouchers to use on your next visit.

Kind regards,