“GREAT HEV” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Copsewood House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hayling Island
Copsewood House
You added Copsewood House to your Saves list
Copse Lane, PO11 0QD, England   |
Ranked #1 of 15 Hayling Island B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
SUDBURY SUFFOLK UK
“GREAT HEV”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The place is fab, great people ,yum breakfast with everthing you can wish for ,i would recormend to everyone ,have stayed twice poss again very soon lovely house 5+ would love to own it myself.close to the beach shops and pubs, stay in the blue room it is a large room with views over th contryside loved it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
FlowerHayling, Owner at Copsewood House, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
It always good to have feedback from our Guests and we appreciate you taking the time to write your review, thank you. I am very pleased you had a pleasant stay and that you enjoyed being at our house and had a "Yum Breakfast". We look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

The house is in a good location. We had the balcony room, which was not spacious but did have an excellent view over the garden. Must be great in warm weather. The bed was comfy and the room was warm.
We appreciated the wine, water and use of little toiletries/perfumes etc.
The decor was a bit tired and the bathroom mirror light didn't work.
In Jill's absence a few things had been overlooked. We didn't realise until the following morning that we should have been given a key to our bedroom. We asked for one then and promptly got it.
The breakfast table was adorned with an arrangement of two very dead flowers (gone by the second morning without our saying anything). The smoked salmon in my scrambled eggs was in big slabs rather than bite-sized pieces, which I would have preferred. My daughter spotted a greenish bit on the edge of my toast, which could have been mould, so I left it.On the second morning our other daughter's cooked breakfast had been fogotten altogether. The cook was apologetic and quickly cooked it, but it meant a wait for us all so as not to leave her eating alone.
The house was quiet and we had space to park, except that, when there are more than a couple of cars, it is necessary to park partly off the tarmac and on what was a puddly and muddy border.
From reading the other reviews, I reckon everything would have been spot on had Jill been there, so perhaps our experience wasn't typical, but I can only report how it was for us.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
FlowerHayling, Owner at Copsewood House, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Thank you for your honest review and for you time. When I took your booking I had a full time Housekeeper whom I had trained specifically for the purpose of me being able to have time off, unfortunately due to her dishonesty she had to leave. I thought I had covered my work load, but your stay proves that I really have to be on site to ensure my standards are maintained. I had already decided that in the future when I am unable to be present I will not take any bookings. I hope that if you are in our area in the future you will give me a chance to look after you to our normal 5 star standard. The Balcony room is lovely especially when the sun is out and is due for refurbishment this winter, also the extra car parking area is being tarmaced this winter and the exterior of the house is all being completely decorated. Thank you once again, Jill
kent great britain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

we stayed at copsewood for one night in may last year , i believe it was.there was a very warm welcome from jill.also that day there was a wedding going on somewhere and the parking was a bit tight but we managed.the guests were quiet and we never heard them come home.the room was comfy and as it was the balcony room it seemed that bit larger.it was clean and comfy and the food was GREAT !!! we will definately be booking again.

Room Tip: balcony room is great
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
FlowerHayling, Owner at Copsewood House, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your review, it is much appreciated and we look forward to your next visit.
Broadland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I booked Copsewood after reading the glowing reviews on TA, and taking a look at the web site. The house is situated in a very pleasantly quiet and peaceful part of Hayling Island.But......

We had the Blue Room, this was very large with lots of room, and the en suite was also generous in size. An especial plus point was the extra large bath sheet! We both like to wrap up fully in a bath sheet that completely envelopes you! The bed was very soft and comfortable, good if you like a very soft bed.........The sunken bath was surprisingly easy to get in and out. The hot tap on the basin runs at only a trickle - if you want hot water in the basin, run the bath tap until the water is hot then use the sink tap - you'll have a long wait otherwise.

We were also extremely well looked-after by the cook/housekeeper in the owner's absence, so why only four points. Well there were some things wrong, things that should have been picked up - and corrected - with proper housekeeping. The upholstered corner chair in the bedroom was in imminent danger of collapse, the arms were loose and quite literally came apart. The catch on the mini fridge was broken away and the door wouldn't secure. We took to keeping it closed by placing the bottle of water against it. The joints for the stool with the dressing table were also loose suggesting that the stool might collapse. We also noticed that used glasses in the bedroom weren't being cleaned when the room was checked over. The web site also mentions complimentary bottled water. I couldn't help but wonder why the seal was broken when we went to pour some out! Still, I guess it was bottled water......

Alright these are little niggles, but what came quite close to earning this place a one-star review was one evening when seemingly the daughter of one of the owners decided to have friends around for a very noisy drinking session in the garden. There were children running around shouting and screaming, and music was so loud the whole building was vibrating. I won't even mention the parking problems that evening! 0/10 for that!!

Room Tip: Top Tip: there's an excellent garden centre with peaceful tea room just a short distance along C...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
FlowerHayling, Owner at Copsewood House, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Thank you for your valued review and I am sorry for the slight delay in responding, we only returned this morning. Although we did not meet our standards on this occasion, I am appreciative that you were able to commend the room, en-suite etc. and cook/housekeeper.

With regard to the other side and the “little niggles”, as you kindly put it, I will address and rectify these problems as soon as possible. The fridges we do constantly renew due to wear and tear and this will be done, that nor any of the furniture had problems when I left, however breakages do happen and I regret that these must have occurred just before your arrival. The bottled water is tap water, put there for the Guest’s convenience as it is a difficult angle to fill the kettle from the en-suite basin tap, this is pointed out during part of the greeting session, however we were called away on short notice and I should have covered this point more accurately with my great staff, in addition I have looked at our website and it does imply differently and I will have this altered. I hope you did enjoy your complimentary wine. The antique upholstered corner chair on inspection today does have a loose arm and this has been removed ready for collection and repair.

With regard to the inappropriate party held and associated parking problems, that was held our absence I can only apologise most profusely and sincerely to you and the other Guests and this will be addressed by my husband as to its severity and will be made very clear this is never to happen again.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stayed over one night with my two children.
We were happily & genuinely greeted. & the goodwill continued for our short stay.
The house is very clean & well kept, & our room was ample, so the kids had space & we had a lovely short break.
There's no skimping on quality on the breakfast front. The produce served was equal to a posh North London Cafe, where a brekky of this nature will set you back just shy of a tenner!
Good kind people run this B&B.

Room Tip: we had the blue room which was a good size for me & two kids. plenty of room to move around.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
FlowerHayling, Owner at Copsewood House, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Toby it was a pleasure to meet you and the Children, they were lovely, polite and very well behaved a delight for you I am sure. Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Copsewood House and for us it makes a difference to know that you enjoyed your stay. Jill
Bordeaux, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

After several visits to Copsewood House and Jill Goulding's excellent breakfasts we thought it was high time we told everyone how good it is. We have enjoyed every single visit we have made here and suggest that you book well ahead to avoid disappointment.

Room Tip: If you have booked far enough in advance you may get the chance to sleep in the Blue Room where I ha...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
FlowerHayling, Owner at Copsewood House, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
It is always a pleasure to you have you staying at Copsewood House and thank you for taking the time to write a review. Glad to hear you enjoyed your breakfast.
Worthing, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We have stayed here now several times now, and every stay has been exellent.
From the moment that you walk through the door, you are made very welcome by Jill and Ray. The hosts are so welcoming, that they make you feel that you have known them for years. And as has been said before, it's worth coming just for the breakfasts! As well as this, it is set in a quiet location, and is the perfect getaway.

Room Tip: Ask for the Blue Room, for an en suite family room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
FlowerHayling, Owner at Copsewood House, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
It was wonderful to see you all again and I am delighted you enjoyed yourselves. Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Copsewood House.

Been to Copsewood House? Share your experiences!