“Had a great time with friends” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Warner Lakeside Coastal Village

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hayling Island
Warner Lakeside Coastal Village
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Fishery Lane, PO11 9NR, England   |
Ranked #3 of 4 hotels in Hayling Island
Essex
“Had a great time with friends”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Celebrating my pal's 6oth birthday, there were 22 of us in total. Had plenty of laughs but felt very young as I doubt that many of the other guests will see 75 again.....( but - good on 'em, they seemed to having a good time ).

Room - Starling Wing, small but certainly OK, no problem

Food - Good, plenty of it too.......just wish the evening meal wasn't so 'rushed'.......no time between courses as they had to get the BINGO in before the Entertainment began.

Weather - was great

We entertained ourselves really, but took advantage of the lovely Pitch & Putt course ( at 07.30 Sunday morning !!!! ), enjoyed the Rifle Shooting and some also did Archery.
Impossible to actually SWIM in the Pool, too small and the bathers that were in were hardly moving but were of course in the way if you tried to swim.
Steam Room was good........only seats 4 people though.

We walked down to the Lifeboat Station and all along the beach, took a One Way Train Journey on the Prom and walked back too, all in all about a 5 / 6 mile round trip I guess.

Also played and enjoyed the large Pitch & Putt along the Promenade, beyond the small Funfair.

Evening Entertainment - the 'Team' were pretty good......certainly performed VERY well on Sunday Night. The 'Dusty Springfield Tribute' - looked like a fella in a wig !!.....was OK but not great.

We had fun and enjoyed the Karaoke in the 'Piano Bar' later on Saturday Night.

And on Sunday Night after the 'Show' the lads from Ents Team knocked out a few songs in the Piano Bar....but Ents Manager needs to learn when to stop talking before every song...and get his 'play list' set up beforehand rather than searching / twiddling / talking.

Would we return ? Difficult to answer really as we did enjoy our stay due to the group of friends we were with and of course the facilities mentioned above.........I think we'd have to be with a group of 10 or more to consider returning to this or any similar camp / resort / park or whatever you call it.........................but, just the two of us ? maybe in 2038 !!!

Room Tip: I guess all the rooms would be OK but two of our party were in a LODGE.....but got no sleep as noise...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
GuestLiaisonLakeside, Guest Liaison at Warner Lakeside Coastal Village, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
I am so glad to see that you had a fantastic stay with your friends. Your positive comments really show the hard work our Team puts in every break to ensure all our guests have a great time.

I can see that you to advantage of all the facilities we have to offer here as well as some of the surrounding attractions.

Your comments have been seen by all the Department Managers who will be taking your feedback on board.

Once again, thank you for such a positive review and we will be happy to welcome you and your party again.

409 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Thatdham, Berkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Having always gone to Sinah Warren we were apprehensive about going to Lakeside but I don't know why as we had a great time and I have to say that the entertainment was MUCH better than Sinah Warren. The evenings just flowed beautifully, after dinner you stay at your table for the entertainment so there were no long gaps like at Sinah Warren where you have to wait for diners to finish eating and for them to arrive at the Pavillion. For us we preferred Lakeside. The Standard Plus chalet was adequate, not luxurious but nonetheless very comfortable. My only critisism was the walls were thin between chalets and next door left their bathroom light on all night and the extractor fan was sooooo loud. You can put the shaving light on which is sllent so why do people leave the main light on and disturb other people? I went Line Dancing, sang with Pop Choir and felt very sad to leave. We booked another break at Lakeside before we left. I wish Sinah Warren would get their act together with the long gaps between dinner and entertainment. Lakeside wins hands down. Can't wait to return.

Room Tip: I had a look at the supreme rooms which were much nicer than standard plus but they don't have m...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
What a great review! Thank you so much. I am really happy to see that you had a great time.

Please be assured that our Team will do all they can to ensure you have a great night’s sleep. The extractor fans in our accommodation all have isolation switches which means they can be turned off and you can still keep the light on. Our Night Security Team also patrols the Village to make sure there are no other disturbances that can be prevented.

We are really looking forward to welcoming you back for another amazing stay at Lakeside.
Maidstone, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This Warners is not great we were in Kestral 5, the room was small bathroom below average in need of a update, bed you could feel all the springs,we put 2 small towels in the bath to be changed and they were put back on the grubby towel rail,the noise from staff on the first morning chatting and laughing was very annoying they were sitting outside behind a wooden structure.The entertainment on Saturday Rocking Berries was great,Friday night a magic man he played to the audience in front of him so he could have been at best ok but we couldn't see anything he was doing.As we were placed at side for dinner table there was no point watching the Sunday night as you can only see bits of act from a side view there was a TV monitor screen but it wasn't tuned in so hazy.Sunday night the entertainment in the lounge was spoilt by the entertainment manager thinking he could sing.Concierge vouchers didnt use why change we were happy with the old system,wasting money printing them.Bingo at night what has happened to all the ticket money being given in prize money and not just half of it.Very disappointing!!

Food and service at table were very good

Room Tip: dont have Kestral 5 room
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review about your break with us here at Lakeside. I am sorry to hear that it did not meet all your expectations.

As I can see from your post, there were many different aspects of your stay which did not come up to the standard we aim for. We would have been happy to move you to different accommodation if there were any available and the same goes for your allocated dining table.

I cannot tell from your review whether you brought your issues to the attention of our Team but I know that they would have done everything in their power to make your break as good as possible.

All our Department Managers have read your comments and will be ensuring that a problem such as this does not happen again.

Once again, I am so sorry for the issues you had and I hope this has not stopped you from taking future holidays with Warner.
chelmsford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I am pleased that I did not review our holiday in February at Warner’s Lakeside which was excellent 5 stars could not fault it and had recommended this resort to friends. But since then people have said it was disappointing and not very good. We returned at the end of May only to find that they are right. In my opinion they have lowered their standards; selling bingo tickets on the dance floor while having your meal is not on; why change from selling them in the bar area. Also they have started quizzes which seem to go on forever and are not very professional; we go to the sports hall while the bingo and quizzes are on. What has happened to the dancing they could change their slogan too do you Warner quiz. The best day was the last day where it was back to normal apart from the tickets. I must mention that if it was not for their excellent entertainment team they would be down to 3 stars. We booked early in the year for 8 of us in September on my recommendation; I only hope they have improved. The new Concierge vouchers are another disappointment, only used one, they may as well scrap them, go green and save money.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you taking the time to submit your review about your break at Lakeside. I am also glad that you contact us directly to let us know of the issues you had with your break. I am the Guest Liaison who replied to you and with who you had the subsequent E-mail conversation.

I am glad that we came to a conclusion regarding your experience. The Entertainments Manager has read all our correspondence and has taken your points on board.

I look forward to seeing you in September.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Just come back from a Monday-Friday break with Kero Travel.To Lakeside Hayling Island we had a nice chalet No 8 flamingo the upgrade was well worth paying for very clean with tea & coffee and biscuits replaced daily. The food was excellent very good choice plus carvery every night with 2 cuts of meat the restaurant staff where very friendly and helpful as where all the staff. Plus 3 free trips out with Kero Travel, we had really good time

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
I am really happy to see that you had a good time with us during your stay. All your positive comments show that the Teams hard work is really paying off.

We hope that you continue to have great breaks with us here at Lakeside.
Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Had a lovely weekend here. The chalet was fine and well supplied with teas, coffees and biscuits. Bed comfortable and all pretty clean. The only critism was the discovery of a few ants on the Sunday night....we did not complain as leaving the next day. reception staff very helpfull and checking in process good. Plenty of choice for dinner and the waiter (Greg) was really friendly and very efficient. Considering they cater for 400 plus people, the meals came out very quickly and had no complaints at all about the food. Great breakfast too. Entertainment team were brilliant and fantastic cabaret act on Friday night! did a dance lesson, had a swim and sauna ! would thoroughly recommend a visit to this place, well worth the money. NB take a trip into Portsmouth Harbour....brilliant!

Room Tip: we stayed in standard plus which was fine and only a 5 minute walk to the entertainment area
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for a brilliant review. All your fantastic comments are really appreciated.

Please do not hesitate to let us know of any issues with ants you have as we can immediately send a member of the Team to your accommodation to remove them.

I hope that we will see you again in the future.
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Have been to Several Warners Resorts totalling nearly 50 times in 15 years and this was our worst ever visit when we went to this one.
Yes it was booked a few days before our arrival but the Receptionist had no record of our details when we arrived! She hastily made up a Welcome Pack and informed the Dining Hall we had arrived.
The Room smelt musty when we moved in and we noticed damp patches in the corner of the bedroom, I took some photographs on my mobile. Our waitress Clare was rude and shouted at us because we wanted Cheese & Biscuits, only to be told we could not as we had had a desert so that counted as 3 courses, even though my wife did not have a starter. My wife was so upset that she left her handbag under the table although the Duty Manager did bring it back to our Chalet. We spoke to him about our experience with the Waitress and he backed her up saying she consistently received top marks on the end of Holiday Questionaire and did not shout and she was right to say it was a 3 course meal not 4! We cannot fault the Housekeeping Staff who supplied us with ample supplies of Bedding, Tea, Coffee & Biscuits, etc.
The next day we were given another table and the Waiter there was brilliant. Although my Wife fancied a Salad and I went to the Salad Bar to discover no Meat was available. The Chef informed me that it was a Salad Bar not a Meat & Salad Bar. I did ask if anything was available to put with the Salad and was given some Hot Chicken. When I got it back to the table upon cutting it we noticed it was running with blood and raw in the middle. We showed our waiter Danny who said it was unacceptable and he would return it to the Chef while we chose something else from the Menu. We waited for him to return for ages but then the lights went out for the Evening Entertainment. Things did improve in the Dining Hall for the rest of the break although I suspect this was because we complained. There was even Meat on the Salad Bar for the next 3 nights! The Bathroom in the Chalet was below standard and there were a lot of marks and dirt in different places. The string on the Extractor Fan broke and we could not switch it on, although it did come on intermitently throughout the night by itself.
If this had been our first experience of a Warner Break we would not be making a return visit. By the law of averages of all the Holidays we have taken, one of them will be a bad one. Unfortunately it was this one.
We will return!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
GuestLiaisonLakeside, Guest Liaison at Warner Lakeside Coastal Village, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Thank you for your review of the experience you had here at Lakeside Coastal Village. I would like to take this opportunity to apologise that we did not meet your expectation this time.

It looks to me that there was a miscommunication regarding your booking as normally, we are informed of all late bookings by phone but, in this instance, this did not happen. I am glad to see that our Receptionist did all she could too ensure you were checked in smoothly.

I am sorry to see that you did not like the accommodation you were allocated. I believe all our guests deserve a room which is not only clean but comfortable too. Our Housekeeping and Maintenance Teams would have been happy to fix any problems you had to ensure your stay was a pleasant one. As I cannot tell from your review which room you had, I am unable to investigate your comments. If you could please contact me directly, I will happy to personally look at this room and liaise with our Housekeeping Department to ensure that the problem is rectified. If you could also send me a copy of the photos you took, if possible, then that would help greatly.

Please also accept my apologies if you felt you were shouted at by Claire. I agree with our Duty Manager that this is very unusual behaviour for her as she does receive many positive comments. Claire was correct in saying that we provide 3 course meals, not 4, and I understand that as your wife did not have a starter, you did not have 3 courses. However, our menu does state you can enjoy dessert or cheese and biscuits and therefore Claire was just enforcing this. In hindsight, I believe we could maybe have made an exception but that is always at the discretion of the Restaurant Manager.

I am glad to see that Danny was quick to acknowledge that the raw chicken you had was unacceptable and was willing to change it immediately. I do not understand why you then were not served for a while after that. I will be speaking to the Restaurant Manager regarding these comments and he will act accordingly. I am glad to see that your dining experience improved for the remainder of you stay.

I am so happy to read that you will be returning and look forward to welcoming you back.

Been to Warner Lakeside Coastal Village? Share your experiences!