Celebrating my pal's 6oth birthday, there were 22 of us in total. Had plenty of laughs but felt very young as I doubt that many of the other guests will see 75 again.....( but - good on 'em, they seemed to having a good time ).
Room - Starling Wing, small but certainly OK, no problem
Food - Good, plenty of it too.......just wish the evening meal wasn't so 'rushed'.......no time between courses as they had to get the BINGO in before the Entertainment began.
Weather - was great
We entertained ourselves really, but took advantage of the lovely Pitch & Putt course ( at 07.30 Sunday morning !!!! ), enjoyed the Rifle Shooting and some also did Archery.
Impossible to actually SWIM in the Pool, too small and the bathers that were in were hardly moving but were of course in the way if you tried to swim.
Steam Room was good........only seats 4 people though.
We walked down to the Lifeboat Station and all along the beach, took a One Way Train Journey on the Prom and walked back too, all in all about a 5 / 6 mile round trip I guess.
Also played and enjoyed the large Pitch & Putt along the Promenade, beyond the small Funfair.
Evening Entertainment - the 'Team' were pretty good......certainly performed VERY well on Sunday Night. The 'Dusty Springfield Tribute' - looked like a fella in a wig !!.....was OK but not great.
We had fun and enjoyed the Karaoke in the 'Piano Bar' later on Saturday Night.
And on Sunday Night after the 'Show' the lads from Ents Team knocked out a few songs in the Piano Bar....but Ents Manager needs to learn when to stop talking before every song...and get his 'play list' set up beforehand rather than searching / twiddling / talking.
Would we return ? Difficult to answer really as we did enjoy our stay due to the group of friends we were with and of course the facilities mentioned above.........I think we'd have to be with a group of 10 or more to consider returning to this or any similar camp / resort / park or whatever you call it.........................but, just the two of us ? maybe in 2038 !!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Classic Resort. You'll love the lake that gives this Classic Resort its name but Lakeside is about the seaside too. Sea air and great views are all part of the magic here. There's plenty to keep you busy at traditional Lakeside, including an indoor bowls complex. Midweek and Weekend breaks inclusive of breakfast and 3-course dining, live evening entertainment and extensive leisure activities. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Warner Lakeside Coastal Village Hotel Hayling Island
- Warner Lakeside Classic Hotel
- Warner Lakeside Coastal Village Hayling Island, Hampshire