“The olive leaf” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The olive leaf has a good home cooked fare with food ranging from tapas at the bar to fresh locally caught fish and pub old favourites with a good range of house wines.we are also dog friendly.
Hayling Island, United Kingdom
“The olive leaf”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

Good food and good service - unpretentious and far far better than another local - the inn on th beach

Visited May 2013

84% Recommend
Portsmouth
“Excellent Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We had lunch there on Monday, The place was rather empty for a bank holiday, But people don't know what they are missing,it was excellent
There was a good range on the menu, something for everyone, I had the smoked salmon and prawn salad, I have never had a salad where I ran out of salad before the fish, There was two large rolls of smoked salmon, a portion of small prawns, a portion of large prawns, and two king prawns on top.
My husband had Scampi and chips and there was also a large portion of Scampi. The chips were very good (i had 1 or 2).
My husband was rather pleased as they serve real ale, he said it was a good well kept pint.
I can't wait to go back.

• Visited May 2013
Hayling Island, UK
“Excellent value for money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Hi,
I just wanted to comment that regarding the high standard of food presentation and quality, the dining experience is remarkable value for money. I also endorse the other positive features of this pub, mentioned by others.

• Visited April 2013
hayling island
“maybe this was an off night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We visited a couple of weeks ago on a thursday night.My wife had the beef in a pastry pocket what she got was a tasty beef caserole with a pocket of pastry which was soggy pastry by the time she got it I had the paella the flavour was alright the dish had a skin over the top and the large prawns on top were dry and overcooked the mussles around the dish were dry and overcooked maybe there was a clue when I realised that Wedneday had been Spanish night

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
haylingislandbigdog, Manager at The Olive Leaf Pub, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
I am sorry you had a less than perfect meal with us, If our staff had been informed of your problems with your meal I am sure we would have put things right for you, I hope this does not effect your choice to dine with us again.
Hayling Island, United Kingdom
“" Good pub , great food , friendly staff "”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This pub has a view to die for overlooking the sea , food and service pretty good too !

Have eaten lunch here a few times , i recommend the risotto and I love the little bottles of prosecco they have .

Always a friendly welcome with great food and service , would recommend booking as often quite busy especially with locals , which speaks volumes !

• Visited February 2013