“Simply Yummy!” 5 of 5 stars

+44 23 9246 0909
Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Parking Available, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: The olive leaf has a good selection of home cooked fare with food ranging from tapas at the bar to fresh locally caught fish and pub old favourites with a good range of house wines and more. Come and join us to see or join in with some real local talent, all welcome. We are also dog friendly. On Sunday evening from 5pm. We fire up our wood fired funky Pizza Pod. Please visit our web site for more information and updates. We do not open on Mondays, (even god took a day off)!!
Hayling Island, United Kingdom
“Simply Yummy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We were lucky to get a table at this establishment at such short notice. Quite often it's fully booked days ahead. We have tried many times in the past.
The decor is simple and I personally hate plastic table cloths, but......the delicious quality of the food is enough to distract from anything! The service is splendid, everything served with a smile.
Will definitely be returning!

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Southampton
“A really great meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

This is a real gem of restaurant with not too many tables so the pub atmosphere is retained.
The menu has plenty of choice without being too big and food is cooked fresh so don't expect fast food timings. The staff are very attentive but no pushy allowing a lovely relaxed dining experience.
Food is really delicious and wholesome.
Our party were well catered for and ate well with drinks for less than £110.
Despite being a 35 minute drive away we will be sure to return again.
Thank you Mike and Tonya.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Proper restaurant grub and a great pint”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Good food and good beer. You may need to book even during the week as when we visited people were being turned away.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Camberley, United Kingdom
“Worth Booking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I mention it is worth booking becuase the restaurant area itself is quite small. However the friendly and accomodating staff will serve off the menu on the bar side usually. The food is excellent, the service good. Specials usually are 'special'. I rate it the best restaurant on the island. Fish dishes are top notch. Higly reccomend the burger although its a bit over-priced. They are happy to serve up childrens meals although not on menu.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Buckingham, United Kingdom
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I had booked a table to celebrate our wedding anniversary whilst on holiday near family. We arrived early and was seated promptly as we were the only booking on this night. We had been given a good table by a window next to the bar. The waitress was pleasant and nice, whom we did tip as she was always polite and never made us feel uncomfortable as we were the only people in the Resturant. For starters my wife ordered the salmon and prawn salad, which was a good portion and very fresh. However I ordered garlic mushrooms, I felt the price was expensive for what I had ordered. It was about 5 mushrooms on a soggy one thinly sliced bruschetta.
The mains.
My wife ordered the duck with plum sauce and chips. It was delicious and again a nice portion. The price for the duck was reasonable. However I ordered the full plaice with chips as we were close to the sea. All i can say is please look at my photo. My plaice was full of eggs and in a rather unpleasant skin, therefore there wasn't a lot of meat. In the end I had to finished early and cover it up as it was putting my wife off her meal.
The desserts:
I ordered the crumble which I must mention is not as nearly good as my MIL.
My wife ordered the chocolate fudge brownie with cream which was polished off, so I assume that was delicious.
Overall a bad experience for me and to be fair over priced on a lot of things, I.e the steak. So for 2 with a 3 course meal came to £57 and a few pence. We tipped the waitress 10% as I thought that was fair.
There really wasn't an atmosphere apart from the conversations you could over hear from the bar. There was no music as well, which could have been a good disguise for the people at the bar.
Do not think we will return.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere