“Do not use if disabled” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Harlow
Swindon
“Do not use if disabled”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Good points- friendly helpful staff with one exception only. Special thanks to sunshine-temperament Ewa and helpful efficient Ben. Clean rooms and building in general. Bedroom a good size and well equipped.

Bad- disabled access from car park a joke. You have to get back in through a fire escape which naturally only opens from the inside. You may be left waiting for 20 minutes or more in the car park while they remove non disabled cars from the disabled spaces.
Also: breakfast awful.

Summary: if you have disabled people in your party, do not use this hotel if you can find any alternative.

• Stayed August 2013
HIEXHARLOW, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harlow, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying in Holiday Inn Express Harlow. We are really grateful for your feedback with regards to the disable parking facility. We have got now and again people with disabilities staying in our hotel and they are really happy with facilities we have to offer. With regards to the parking issue,please note there is reception phone number on the hotel wall saying 'if you require any assistance please call reception 01279 624 380'. Due to limited car park, we always reserve parking space for disable guests. We are not able to change the planning of the building, but reception team always does all their best to make sure every guest is happy. I would be grateful if you could give me more information about breakfast, which were 'awful' according to you. We offer complimentary Express Start breakfast which includes 3 hot items(sausages, baked beans and scrambled eggs). All other hotels in the area are charging extra for the breakfast. Please feel free to contact me by email gm@express-harlow.com or phone 01297 624 380 if you feel you would like to discuss your concerns further.
Viktorija Stanciukaite

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Newcastle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We have recently returned from a 2 night break at the Holiday Inn Express, Harlow. Myself and my partner had a family room with our 8 year old son.
The room was fantastic, clean, spacious and ideally located to the main shopping area which held may places to eat.
The only slight downside was the breakfast, whilst the cold offerings were great there was not much there in terms of hot breakfast choices (scrambled egg, beans and sausages).
The price was fantastic though and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Would recommend this hotel every time.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
HIEXHARLOW, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harlow, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you for your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express Harlow. We are grateful for your feedback and looking forward to seeing you coming back soon!
Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

After checking in we were given key card to room. However, on arrival at room, it was already occupied. Back down to reception who informed us that this happens all the time. Was swiftly allocated another room, only to discover sink was blocked. Reported this to reception, who told us they will look at, but obviously didn't as it was still the same the next morning!
Other than the blocked sink, the room was clean and modern.

We used the bar, however had to wait as no one serving on bar, just a chef behind there informing us the he couldn't serve us. Drinks once served were reasonably priced. However we were unable to charge to our room due to the mess up at check in.

Breakfast ok - cheap, cheerful and edible.

So on to check out, where the receptionist informed us that we needed to settle the room bill. Although we had already paid as we booked through Late Rooms on an advance rate. This was then rectified and we were told not to use this agent as they were unreliable.

This hotel really needs some structure - its run by kids...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
HIEXHARLOW, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harlow, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear Davisk27,

Thank you for your recent feedback about Holiday Inn Express Harlow. I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay. I am struggling to understand why have you been checked into the occupied room? Please note,we take guests security seriously and not sure what happened upon your arrival. Also we have checked our records and we haven't got any report about blocked sink in July from the family room. I am not sure, why did you say that breakfast was cheap, as we are not charging for breakfast and it is included in the room rate. Our Kitchen chef does not come out of the kitchen and I don't understand what was he doing behind the bar as per your review? With regards to the payment at the bar and also checkout payment, did you speak with a duty manager? Could you let me know whom did you report any of these issues? I haven't received any email and there was no message left about any of these issues. Please note, laterooms website is very reliable and we have never had any issues with this website. Once again I cannot understand what happened during your stay. I would be grateful if you could call me 01279 624 380 or email gm@express-harlow.com in order to discuss about your recent stay. I am sorry to see you haven't contacted me directly in first place and left a review on the website instead. I would be grateful if you could get in touch with me with your booking details, because I was not able to find your details. Every review I take seriously especially if the guest was not happy.
United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I stayed here recently and it was a generally good experience.

Except for the hoards of oriental children on a tour. . . . . .

Finding somewhere to eat breakfast in the morning was really hard (and you can forget listening to the television) and the detritus of the hoards was left everywhere. The appear not to have learnt how to clean up afterwards.

I only ate at the bar once in the evening. Other food establishments are available.

Car parking is hit-and-miss. There is a free onsite car park that is too small. The overflow is a public car park at £3 a night. At least when I was able to use the car park I kept to the normal bays and didn't resort to hogging a disabled bay.

I'll stay again, as long as it's not on the foreign students' tour dates.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
HIEXHARLOW, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harlow, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express Harlow. We are grateful for your raised concerns and please note, we are working on how to handle breakfast peak time. I hope you will see the difference when you will visit our hotel next time. I do agree with limited car park in our hotel, but having the facility to park next door for £3 only is also a great value for money. Please note for non hotel residents multi storey car park is charged at £5 until midnight. Having said so, hope this will not deter you from staying in our hotel again.
If you wish to discuss any further concerns, please feel free to contact me by email gm@express-harlow.com
Dover, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Booked a twin room for my sister and I on the internet with no problems. Check in was quick and the romm was very clean and modern. The bathroom was spotless and we both slept really well.

Breakfast was a little on the basic side, but enough to get us going for the day.

I would stay here again when in the area next.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express Harlow. We are glad to hear you did enjoy your stay and will be coming back.
With regards to the Express Start breakfast, pleas note we serve variety of hot items, which includes scrambled eggs, sausages and baked beans. Also you have variety of pastries and fruits etc. All this selection is included in your room rate, as it is free of charge. But we have taken your comments on board.
Once again, thank you for your feedback and see you coming back soon!
Cheddar Somerset
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Spent one night here on business typical modern Holiday inn express rooms good service ok but the food was very poor.
Stay here don't eat.
Staff very nice location dull
Sleep was good , shower good, hotel not busy.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
HIEXHARLOW, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harlow, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear james215,

Thank you for staying in Holiday Inn Express Harlow. We value your opinion and every feedback we get helps us to improve our service and product.
I am not sure what kind of food did you have, but I really hope you raised your concerns with the duty manager. With regards to the hotel location, we are the closest hotel to the town centre and bus station also with quick and easy access to M11. I hope issues you have experienced during your stay will not deter you from staying with us again.
Should you wish to discuss anything further, please do not hesitate to contact me by email gm@express-harlow.com or phone 01279 624 380
Harlow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel. Not expensive and a tasty little breakfast .. in a very good location in the town centre . The rooms are nice and moden. Got what you need. Staff are friendly and polite. Every where seems to be cleane in the hotel

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Gary D,

Thank you for your recent review about Holiday Inn Express Harlow. We are glad to hear you have enjoyed your stay. I will definitely pass on your comments to my team, so they would know how good they are!
We really hope will see you coming back to our hotel soon.
Viktorija Stanciukaite

Been to Holiday Inn Express Harlow? Share your experiences!