“Cam.e away hungry” 3 of 5 stars

Description: same company as Old Cathay in London Road, Harlow
Harlow, United Kingdom
“Cam.e away hungry”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Always ate lunch there for years before it changed management and loved it. Have been twice this year for lunch and very disappointed. Plates were so cold and small....very small.No longer a buffett at lunch but you choose a starter and a main. The portions are the smallest I've ever had anywhere. Would rather pay more and leave full.Not good value but fine if you are on a diet i suppose. Wont be going back.

• Visited March 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Best oriental cuisine in town!!
Great friendly staff. lovely atmosphere. car parking avail. Great for dinner with family, friends or going as a couple.

Visited January 2013
Harlow
“Avoid! Go to Noodle Bar instead. Trust me!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Visited earlier this year and the food was terrible, everything tasted microwaved, some parts of the buffet were filthy, some the food had looked like it had been sitting there an age, and the rice tasted like it had been in the steamer all day, and probably yesturday! I promised myself never to return! It wasnt that cheap either, Noodle Bar is cheaper and better quality!
Unfortunatly i did return last month, with my family, as we went to the noodle bar in town on a friday night, but was a 45 min wait... we decided to give the new cathay another try, i hoped things may have improved... They hadnt.
A group of 4 of us, and we accounted for 50% of the trade at the time! It was dead for 7:30pm on a friday night! We arrived and as we did, a young girl turned the buffet heaters back on...!!! and then greeted us...
Again, food looked like it had been there an age, the rice was luke warm and i didnt bother trying it, the counters were messy, and everything was generally cold. We felt robbed of £65 and after eating half a plate, and complaining to the manager, left hungry.
WE WILL NEVER RETURN! And im shocked that there are actually reasonable reviews for this place, it should be shut down in my opinion. no idea how they are still open!

• Visited July 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Harlow, United Kingdom
“Good value def worth a try”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

For only £12.50 I got unlimited starters (chicken satay, Prawn on toast, seaweed, ribs, crab claws, spring rolls) the crispy duck and pancake second course, then mains was mussles, ginger and spring onion king prawns, Sizzling beef and black bean sauce, crispy noodles and boiled rice, then dessert banana fritters and ice cream. Service is attentive so must return! Great value. it is also children friendly too.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“AVOID TAKE AWAY”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

I ordered a take away from this restaurant last week, when it arrive my i served it onto plates and began my meal. Unfortunately it was clear the food had been MICROWAVED as half was piping hot and half was cold. Apon calling the restaurant i was appologised to and a refund was offered. Which i was pleased about. I then recieved a call asking for the dish to be put back and it was to be collected. I had allready thrown most in the bin as i didnt expect them to want to collect the putrid mesh them had served up. I did put the containers back and the remnance was collected as promised ten minutes later. A week went by and i hadnt recieved a refund. I called and was advised 'i didnt return it all and there was no proof' and to quote 'go for it' when i advised i would write a review. I cannot advised enough to avoid this restaurant at all costs if you wish to avoid food poisoning or re heated food. john

• Visited March 2012