“Friendly and helpful staff” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Harlow
Norfolk UK
“Friendly and helpful staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I stayed here for one night after the birth of a Grandson to my son and daughter in law who live in Epping.
First impressions were that the hotel appeared a little tired and the carpets on the ground floor leading to the bedrooms could do with replacing.
I checked in early and returned later to my room but on arrival there was disappointed to find the curtain hanging off the rail, a very noisy fan in the bathroom and a toilet that was virtually impossible to flush!!! The room was also grubby with dust on the light fittings.
I phoned reception and was immediately relocated to another room.
On arrival in this room I was a little disappointed to find instead of a double bed that had been requested at booking this room had two single beds. However I decided that as the room was much cleaner and larger I would accept it. I was a little perturbed when I noticed it was an adjoining room with a wooden door separating the two especially as I had also requested a quiet room on booking!!
The bathroom was very clean and there was no shortage of hot water when having a bath. The single bed was comfortable with good pillows and the room a nice temperature.
I was awoken at 1.15am by a very inconsiderate couple in the adjoining room who appeared to be celebrating a birthday!! The noise consisted of slamming doors loud shouting and screaming and the television set at a loud volume. I phoned reception and despite a phone call to the couple from a very pleasant receptionist the noise continued. I was then given an option of a move to another room which I accepted at 02.30hrs!!! The receptionist was extremely apologetic and I was offered a complimentary stay due to all the problems that has occurred.
My room was upgraded and I would advise anyone staying at the hotel to pay the extra as it was by far superior to the standard ones.
Breakfast in the morning was fine with a good selection of cold and hot dishes.
I must say though that despite all the problems that occurred all the staff were extremely helpful and couldn't do enough to try and right the wrongs

Room Tip: Non adjoining room. Upgrade if you can afford it!!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
David G, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Harlow, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear Mary-Louise,
Many thanks for your review of the hotel. I was disapointed to hear about the issues that you experienced during your stay. I would certainly expect guests in rooms to behave in a more appropriate manner given that they know there will be others around them.
I have passed your feedback on to the housekeeping team about the 1st room. In January we do have a refurbishment plan in place to replace all of the groundfloor carpeting which will improve the overall feel of the hotel. I do hope that you will considder using us again in the future.
David

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Polish first
weymouth
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

My friend and I stayed here as part of a coach tour package and as a consequence were not expecting a great deal. The hotel is very shabby and although we appreciate it is soon to be refurbished there is no need for standards to fall so badly where cleanliness is concerned as it was very poor. On the positive side the staff were very welcoming and when we had no heating in our room upgraded us swiftly and checked back to make sure our second room was warm enough. The food was served swiftly and was hot as was the service at breakfast. It will be a great shame if after the planned refurbishment the housekeeping team continue to let them down so badly

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Michael,
Many thanks for yoru review of the hotel. I was disapointed to read that you had, had issues during your stay, I have asked housekeeping to review the room that you stayed in and who cleaned it. I know the refurbishment will assist with the overall appearance but I agree this should be kept clean.
I was pleased to read that you had enjoyed your meals and that the team had looked after you.
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

stayed at harlow park inn end of sept and found it comfortable and clean , staff friendly and exceeded my expectations. ate in the restaurant and the food was very nice i would stay here again next time i come to harlow

Dear Sarah,
Many thanks for yoru review - I was pleased to ready that you had enjoyed all aspects of your stay - I do hope to see you again soon.
Felixstowe
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

Very basic and quite shabby hotel. Rooms and corridors need new carpets and fittings.

Food was okay, but took a long time to arrive in the evening. Breakfast was nice with a good choice.

Quite a good location for Harlow and surrounding areas and quiet dispite being on a busy road.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Many thanks for your review of the hotel. I am delighted to say that we do have a refurbishment planned for January this will be a refurbishment of the groundfloor carpeting and corridors - this will lift the overall feel of the hotel.
I do hope that you will considder using the hotel again once this is complete
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

After check in (staff were lovely) we went along a corridor to find our room and the first thing I noticed was a musty smell in the corridors, and a stronger musty smell in the room. The carpets were dirty and worn out, and the tiling in the bathroom had some mould in the grout. The room was really cold and unwelcoming, even though I had booked a month ago, and phoned earlier in the day to be absolutely sure of the online booking, I felt the room hadn't been prepared. The heating could have been put on for us for a little while.
That said the bed was comfortable and bedding and towels very clean. The staff at breakfast were also lovely, so this problem does not lie with the staff attitude, but in the overall care and maintenance of the environment.

Room Tip: Contact the hotel first to ask if there has been any renovation/deocnration since September 2013.
Dear Barbs,
Many thanks for your review of the hotel. I was sorry to read that you had not enjoyed your stay. I agree that there are areas of the hotel that require more TLC from the maintenance team - we have recently recruited a new Chief Enginner who is tasked with repairing and binging up to scractch the building. We will also be undertaking a small refurbishment of public area's ti lift the overall feel of the hotel.
I do hope you will considder staying with us again once this has been done.
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Very tired and dirty hotel. Stained carpets in the public areas and overall feeling of needing renovation.

Rom was small but bed was quite comfortable. Bathroom in need of a makeover - toilet roll holder broken, paint flaking, etc.

Breakfast was mediocre and service slow.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Colin,
Many thanks for your review of the hotel - I was disapointed to read that you had not enjoyed your stay, I am aware of a number of issues to do with condition in some rooms - My new Cheif Engineer is working to rectify the issues. We also have a refurbishment planned for January which will change the overall 1st impression of the hotel.
County Durham, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Stayed here for an overnighter as i struggled to get sensibly priced accomodation closer to London. Just a couple of minutes of the M11 J7 and plenty of parking.

Was dreading the stay after reading reviews on here but it wasnt too bad. It wasn't good though by any means. The receptionist was friendly but booked me into an occupied room! Luckily no embarrasing scences and checked into a new room quickly.

Room was clean enough and bed ok. Only one hangar for clothes and bathroom really tired. Wifi worked ok and managed to get my emails checked. Didn't eat in the hotel.

So in summary it was just about ok and pretty good price but wont be on my list of hotels to revisit.

Dear Baxie,
Many thanks for yoru review of the hotel - I was disapointed to read that there were issues during your stay. I have passed this feedback on to the team so they can lear from the mistakes made. In particular checking you in to an occupied room should never happen. I apologise for this.
Once again many thanks for your feedback
David

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Harlow? Share your experiences!