“Needs a makeover” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Harlow
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Needs a makeover”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

After check in (staff were lovely) we went along a corridor to find our room and the first thing I noticed was a musty smell in the corridors, and a stronger musty smell in the room. The carpets were dirty and worn out, and the tiling in the bathroom had some mould in the grout. The room was really cold and unwelcoming, even though I had booked a month ago, and phoned earlier in the day to be absolutely sure of the online booking, I felt the room hadn't been prepared. The heating could have been put on for us for a little while.
That said the bed was comfortable and bedding and towels very clean. The staff at breakfast were also lovely, so this problem does not lie with the staff attitude, but in the overall care and maintenance of the environment.

Room Tip: Contact the hotel first to ask if there has been any renovation/deocnration since September 2013.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
David G, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Harlow, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear Barbs,
Many thanks for your review of the hotel. I was sorry to read that you had not enjoyed your stay. I agree that there are areas of the hotel that require more TLC from the maintenance team - we have recently recruited a new Chief Enginner who is tasked with repairing and binging up to scractch the building. We will also be undertaking a small refurbishment of public area's ti lift the overall feel of the hotel.
I do hope you will considder staying with us again once this has been done.
David

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Very tired and dirty hotel. Stained carpets in the public areas and overall feeling of needing renovation.

Rom was small but bed was quite comfortable. Bathroom in need of a makeover - toilet roll holder broken, paint flaking, etc.

Breakfast was mediocre and service slow.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Colin,
Many thanks for your review of the hotel - I was disapointed to read that you had not enjoyed your stay, I am aware of a number of issues to do with condition in some rooms - My new Cheif Engineer is working to rectify the issues. We also have a refurbishment planned for January which will change the overall 1st impression of the hotel.
County Durham, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Stayed here for an overnighter as i struggled to get sensibly priced accomodation closer to London. Just a couple of minutes of the M11 J7 and plenty of parking.

Was dreading the stay after reading reviews on here but it wasnt too bad. It wasn't good though by any means. The receptionist was friendly but booked me into an occupied room! Luckily no embarrasing scences and checked into a new room quickly.

Room was clean enough and bed ok. Only one hangar for clothes and bathroom really tired. Wifi worked ok and managed to get my emails checked. Didn't eat in the hotel.

So in summary it was just about ok and pretty good price but wont be on my list of hotels to revisit.

Dear Baxie,
Many thanks for yoru review of the hotel - I was disapointed to read that there were issues during your stay. I have passed this feedback on to the team so they can lear from the mistakes made. In particular checking you in to an occupied room should never happen. I apologise for this.
Once again many thanks for your feedback
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Stayed here on Tuesday 11th having had to accomodation booked over the phone through work.
Arrived to find that out of the two rooms booked during the call one hadn't been entered onto the system but the had one spare room available so not a problem.

Had a quick pint whilst i waited for my collegue to arrive, went to the bar and the staff were too busy mucking about to notice they had customers waiting, young lad headed off to be followed by a young girl towards reception, she was almost out of the room when she turned round and said that she'd supposed she'd better serve me first and then came back and said 'what do you want'.... charming!

A very long walk along the second floor to the room from reception to discover that the previous occupant had stolen the TV, mentioned it to reception on the way out for dinner and they advised that they would see if they had any more spare rooms on my return. Returned from dinner, went straight to my room, walked back to reception to ask about swapping rooms to be told that they were fully booked now so i asked for the WIFI password so that i could at least do some work and potentially watch SkyGo on my ipad, this took the best part of 20 minutes to sort, but got there in the end, had a quick pint in the bar, went back to my room to discover that the pillows had gone - i'm sure they were there on arrival - went to ring down to reception to find the phone didnt work, so had to walk back to reception to advise that the pillows had gone and that the phone didn't work - pillows arrived 20 minutes later - went to make myself a cup of tea to then discover no milk in the room - gave up and went to bed.

The room itself over looked the gym, carpets and bathroom were grubby, i wonder whether this room was used generally at al or whether it was a spare room that hadn't been serviced, the corridor carpets were grubby and stained and just made you feel even more depressed!

Breakfast was average the following morning, despite asking the lady in the restuarant for a paper she then proceeded to move this everytime i left the table - ended up moving tables twice as others sat there as she cleared it everytime i left to get something else.

Reception staff were polite and very helpful - couldn't fault them at all - best part about the stay!

Unfortunaltey we use this hotel for meetings on a regular basis, however following this experience our office are sourcing alternative accomodation and meeting facilities for next time!

Room Tip: Try the Premier Inn up the road!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
ManagerWD17, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Harlow, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Many thanks for your review of the hotel. I was sorry to hear about your experience. I have passed on the feedback to the relevant heads of department and have asked them to review this with their teams.
I know we have some refurbishment work planned for Jan 2014 which will address a number of the issues you have outlined.
Once again many thanks for your review
Croydon, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

This is by far the worst Park Inn we have ever stayed in. Dull, dreary, dirty corridors lead you to your room which is in average condition (although the massive spider on the wall seemed happy enough. The hotel is in serious need of an overhaul. Breakfast was average.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Many thanks for your review I was sorry to read that you had not enjoyed your stay with us. I am aware that areas of the hotel require some refurbishment and we have a plan in place to do some of this work in January 2014.
I do hope once this is done you would considder returning to the hotel and give us another try,
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

WoW!! What a lovely hotel indeed!! I came here to stay for the bank holiday weekend with my Aunty for a private getaway from the rest of our relatives.On arrival we were greeted by a very nice, friendly lady who was dressed immaculately for her role. Check in was very simple and late check out was available for no extra charge which was unexpected. We got to our room and were pleasantly surprised at the beautiful queen size bed which we asked for. (Cant stand twin rooms and besides we are family anyway lol..) Air con worked wonders for my Aunty as she has a lung disease called C.O.P.D. and finds it hard to breathe at times, the only downfall about our stay for her was that out room was up the stairs and all the way to the end of the corridor and with her C.O.P.D. She quite obviously had to keep stopping whilst walking around or to breakfast etc,, Speaking of food!! Everything we ate was amazing and cooked to perfection!! We had steak which was beautiful just how we both like it Med-Rare (20 out of 10 for that) Chicken burger (Lush) Fish & chips (also lush) we had the baby rack of ribs which literally fell off the bone (Definately 20 out of 10 for that too) Breakfast was gorgeous with loads on offer and all cooked to perfection too!! - Especially the eggs lol.. (very fussy we are) Our room was cleaned every day and extra towels were given to us as requested with no questions asked.... We visited the spa, pool and gym every morning before breakfast which was absolute heaven!! All in all a fantastic stay!! I'm not toffee nosed but know a decent hotel when i stay in one.... I am in the adult entertainment industry myself so travel the UK and EU quite frequently, i shall definitely return for further stays at The Park Inn Hotel By Raddiston In Harlow Essex without a doubt.... A***** Hotel indeed.... Thanks.

Room Tip: I went past quite a few rooms actually and they (for some reason) had the door open :/ But from what...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
york uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

We have stayed here a few times and I have reviewed in detail before, so will just say that all was much the same as our last visit, which we found fine, and the pool area was noticeably cleaner, (the pool was a bit cold though)
We had a nice bar meal and breakfast was plentiful. Large car park and about 20 mins to Epping to pick up the tube to central London.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Harlow? Share your experiences!