“Very nice clean hotel, only downside was very expensive to eat and drink” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hinckley Island Hotel

You added Hinckley Island Hotel to your Saves list
Hinckley Island Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   A5 Watling Street, Hinckley LE10 3JA, England   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Hinckley
Bedale, United Kingdom
“Very nice clean hotel, only downside was very expensive to eat and drink”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I have stayed a couple of times in this hotel. They have some very good deals on for the standard of room. The first time was a standard double room and the second time a twin exec to stay in with my husband and daughter for a function.
Both times the hotel was immaculate and the rooms were evry clean and tidy and spacious. really nice rooms.
The pool and gym is free to use in the hotel, a good sized gym and nice pool with sauna and steam room.
The only down side is the prices to eat and drink. in the triumph bar that sells bar snacks, a small bowl of chips was £4, a coke was £2.50, a pint of beer £4, a burger starting at £14.
Other than that it is a great hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
TonyHGM, General Manager at Hinckley Island Hotel, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Good afternoon Laura 462230
Thanks for the lovely review on our hotel and pleased to see this is your second visit .. hopefully many more to come!
I have taken into account your comments regarding bar prices .. we will be introducing special offer meals and discounts in the future and I hope you will be able to enjoy these deals on your next stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
WEST MIDLANDS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Me and my husband stayed at the Hinckley island hotel just before Christmas on a works Christmas party and found it to Excellent in every way.It was comfortable friendly the food was good and so was the drink and the service was excellent..

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
TonyHGM, General Manager at Hinckley Island Hotel, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Good morning
Thanks for the five star rating you have given our hotel!
Myself and all the staff are looking forward to welcoming you back on your next stay.
Glad to see the food, drink and service was excellent, thats what we like to hear!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

I'm really surprised how well this hotel is rated. I stay here a lot with work, the rooms are ok, the service is okish but the food is horrific. It's just so poor and outrageously expensive. You have a choice of bar food and 2 restaurants, all are terrible. No hash brown at breakfast... amateur! I stay here a lot yet have never been offered an upgrade so no nice touches either. The gym is usually quiet which is good but its dated and a bit dirty. I don't want to bang on about the food but on one occasion I ordered the £16.50 sea bass in the restaurant when it arrived 1 hour later they had subbed the claimed broccoli for cauliflower (you just cannot do that), the fish has the consistency of a very wet newspaper and the mash potato could have been used to fuel your car (oily). To make things worse if I go 50p over the £27 my company put on my room for food they bloody make me pay it at checkout! There's not much competition for hotels claiming to be 4 star around here and that really shows anyhow I've booked somewhere else for next week.

• Stayed January 2013
Good morning HotelOliver
I have taken note of your comments, although we have in general had a good response to our food in the restaurant since a new chef was appointed recently. I am sure if you have a certain request as to your food likes and dislikes, the chef will be more than happy to accommodate you. Unfortunately I cannot help in any way if you exceed the food allowance given by your Company, although if you would like to contact me personally when you plan your next visit to our hotel, subject to availability on arrival, I will ensure you receive a free upgrade.
Kind regards Basil.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Party of 6 at the black tie party. Car park was quite full but still found spaces. 5 minutes to get booked in. Room was very smart, looks like it was recently refurbished. Fan was not working in the bathroom but it was no problem. two big double beds and still plenty of space in the room. The party champagne reception had run out of champers 10 minutes after it started so if people take more than 1 glass then someone else goes without! The bar staff called the manager and he opened more for us. Canapes were ok. Piped into the party to find our pre ordered drinks had not been put out but a quick word with the bar manager and the drinks were delivered in 5 minutes. Rat pack tribute was not what we expected but still entertaining. Disco was a bit dire and floor was not often full. Food was brilliant considering it was feeding 200+ people. Breakfast next day was good too. There was a party of Travellers still drinking in the bar at 11 the next morning and it continued all day plus their noisy kids all over the place. A bit annoying but noisy kids annoy me and the hotel staff should have dealt with it but appeared to be intimidated. Travellers cars parked on the double yellow lines was also annoying but again the hotel did nothing except put a note on the windscreen which ended up on the floor. Despite my moans I did mostly enjoy it and would recommend it as value for money.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Good morning BrentfordJeff
I am pleased to see that, despite a few small issues, you have had a lovely stay with us and enjoyed the New Years Eve party. We were very busy on that night and there were a few people who extended their festivities into the following day. I am sure if you had reported your concerns about the noise to the staff, they would have dealt with it accordingly.
Looking forward to welcoming you back in the future.
sittingbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

This is the second time I have attended justyou 's New Year's Ball at this lovely hotel - despite it being quite a long way from Kent where I live. It is large enough to cater for a group of over 150 people ; with a large enough dance floor laid out being adequate for the number of people who want to boogie the night away! There are areas to sit and relax; and the bedrooms are very well appointed.

Room Tip: Well, I had an executive suite but as this was included in the whole price but would choose again
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Good morning Boogie50
Lovely to hear you comments and its always great to know you had such a good time during your last stay you chose to visit us again.
Keep on dancing and look forward to seeing you again next year!
coventry
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

We recently stopped here for our work Xmas do, living rather close to the hotel I had an expectation, I don't believe the hotel lived up to it.

Firstly upon arrival, there was no parking spaces, not enough for the size of the hotel, we had to squeeze into a corner ( not a real parking space) then had to walk a far way to the entrance in the rain! We didn't even arrive late, this was at 4pm.

Check in was friendly and fast, no complaints there.

We had a twin double and I must say the room was huge, we had two huge double beds, a desk, table a chair and a huge bathroom, the room was very pleasant but be assured that their pictures on here are deceiving... The hotel is lovely, the rooms needs seriously updating.

The walls are paper thin you can hear every person walk down the corridor or talking when then walk past!

After a heavy night I did not appricate the cleaner knocking on the doors at 7 in the morning, thinking it was my friend so shot up ran to the door, with the cleaner half in the room, said oh turned around an left.

I didn't rate the breakfast at all, il give it to them there is a lot of selection, it was greasy and not the best ingredients, I wish I waited till I left, I didn't eat hardly any of it, which is a bit of a shame as the food was so good at the party the night before!

Overall the hotel did its job, but I wasn't as impressed as I thought I would be.

• Stayed December 2012
TonyHGM, General Manager at Hinckley Island Hotel, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
I have taken note of your comments and am surprised regarding parking spaces as we have 600 surrounding the hotel. However, we were very busy last month with Xmas events therefore the car park could have been busy.
Glad to hear you had a friendly and fast check in and the staff were efficient, although apologies for your sleep being disturbed by the hoursekeeping staff. We do have notices to put outside your room if you wish not to be disturbed,
however I do appreciate you should not be distrurbed at that time in the morning therefore I will check with reception and investigate further into this matter.
I would like you to contact me directly hinckleyisland.gm@pumahotels.co.uk and arrange for an upgraded room on your next stay with us.
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I have to say how pleasantly surprised I was with the quality of this hotel. The outside does not do the inside justice! The room was delightful and the presentation superb. I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and colleagues in the future.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Good afternoon Chris B
Five star comments!! Look forward to seeing you and your friends/colleagues soon.

Been to Hinckley Island Hotel? Share your experiences!