“What a gem!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #35 of 71 Restaurants in Hinckley
Cuisines: Chinese
“What a gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Such a lovely atmosphere and fabulous chinese food. Can't believe we have only just found this place

• Visited September 2013

Hinckley, United Kingdom
“Appalling service, bland food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Having been recommended to this restaurant we decided to dine there to celebrate a family birthday, BIG mistake! The service throughout the evening was apalling, from being given menus to getting food was 90 MINUTES, even then the food was tasteless and bland also portions were quite small. Apparently this place was voted 2nd best restaurant in Hinckley recently, all I can say is that there could only have been 2 restaurants in the listing! Do not waste your time or money going here.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Jess H, Manager at Sharnford Arms, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Hi Keith

My name is Jessica and I am the manager for the Sharnford Arms, I just wanted to message you and apologise for the service you received. I assure you all food is cooked fresh, so I can't understand why you received bland food, but I will make all of the kitchen staff very aware and assure that it doesn't happen again. The restaurant itself is separately managed, so I had no control over their staff choices, but I will make damn sure that they have enough staff on from now on, as it affects both aspects of the business. Again I say I am very sorry, if you ever decide to venture into the Sharnford Arms again, I shall make sure you don't have that experience ever again!

Best regards
Jessica
Hinckley
“Great for a party night out!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I booked a table for nine of us for a family party. The food and service was amazing! Fabulously cozy, romantic surroundings. Great beer and wine list. An incredible bill of £118 to feed nine of us (inc 4 bottles of wine). It's got to be the best value we've had (since we were actually in China!). It's my favourite place ever (and we own a small pub company ourselves-so we know what we're talking about).

• Visited August 2013
Ayrshire
“Superb!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

A 'local' with a built in Chinese Restaurant, does life get any better? I must admit to being a bit sceptical but it was recommended and we fancied some Chinese food and gave it a whirl.

It really is just a pub so don't expect anything fancy but it's cosy and dogs are welcome, they even have a pub dog.

I really enjoyed the food, the best Chinese meal I have had in years with good friendly service.

Would have loved to have stayed for a couple of pints but we were driving and had things to do. I'll be back next time I'm in the area and someone else can drive.

• Visited July 2013
Hinckley
“Meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Day 6 of eating round the world in Hinkley, found me in China, good meal, I ordered 3 dishes, one too many really for one person, ended up wasting most of the rice. Nice pub, complete with resident black dog, and koi pond. I would recommend 3 dishes would be adequate for 2people and come in around £20

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Jess H, Manager at Sharnford Arms, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Hello Keith

Glad you found your experience at the Sharnford Arms enjoyable!
I see you have rated a couple of items slightly lower than others, please feel free to contact me and let me know how this could have been improved for you :)

Best Wishes