“Christmas Stay!” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Sketchley Lane, Burbage, Hinckley LE10 3HU, England   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Hinckley
“Christmas Stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

Stayed at this hotel on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing day. The rooms where lovely and quite spacious and the food was of a good quality. Room service was quite quick but the quality of this food this time was poor. I had a Prawn Marie Rose sandwich. There was a distinct lack of prawns served on two slices of brown bread and the sauce tasted like mayonnaise with tomato sauce added! The drinks were a bit pricey also. The staff were polite and helpful and on the whole, we enjoyed the stay. Hence 4 of 5.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Welcomed with smiling staff,very helpful.food is delicious and the areas are kept spick and span,car parking is a bit of a nightmare but they are extending this in the new year,it is busy and you might even bump into a celeb,

Room Tip: All the rooms are fairly quiet,
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Leeds, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Me and 3 friends had a voucher for a spa day including a treatment, which ended up costing about £35 each. The welcome was very warm and we went straight in for our treatments on arrival. My massage was wonderful - very relaxing. Unfortunately the good experience stopped there. the spa looked very tired with big damp patches on the ceiling, mould around the shower and the swimming pool was freezing cold! there wasn't enough beds/seats for everyone so we had to shiver in the conservatory if we fancied a seat. We didn't have to stay in the conservatory long because a fire alarm soon went off - due to the sauna setting it off. You would have though this would have been considered at a spa! there were no staff to advise us what to do, all the guests stood around for a while until one snotty teenager came out to point us toward an emergency exit and then left the guests to get on with escaping on their own. Luckily it turned out to be a false alarm but the relaxing atmosphere had been broken and we left soon after.

There were also a shortage of clean towels. when we were in the spa, we asked for a towel and were told they were still drying - this was about 12 noon. We also asked for a hot drink, and about 20 minutes later it was served. The girl at the bar didn't offer to bring them to us because of the wait, or even say sorry. The whole attitude seemed careless and the spa area itself looked to have seen better days, which must have been many days/months/years ago…

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
London, UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I stayed here a year or so ago in a contemporary junior suite on a special deal and I couldn't fault it. This time I paid for a spa package, with an executive add on and was put in a classical junior suite.

The room smelt very strange/musty. The shaving point in the bathroom was broken, the water wouldn't go down the sink properly, and the poor extractor fans probably explains the smell. The room had a blown light bulb and was rather drab. The bed was pretty poor with a thin well used mattress.

The worse thing was that we had hoped to have a similar experience as it was my wife's birthday. Instead we wasted time with reception and the room so we didn't have any time to enjoy the spa or gym before we had arranged the mini treatments. So paying for the spa package was a waste of money.

The treatments were ok, but my wife has had a lot better elsewhere (side note, the trolley in the treatment room had a broken wheel and fell over and smashed some products).

The food in the restaurant was again ok, but my wife had to send back the prawns to be cooked longer as they were rather jelly like.

Last time I said that I'd happily pay twice the amount for the experience. My advice is that if you can't get into one of the better suites then don't bother. There are much better hotels with real character within a short driving distance. In fact. given the experience I would have rather stayed in premier inn than at this hotel. Not four star. I think you get the idea so I'll stop here.

Room Tip: Only try the modernised contemporary suites.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

My partner and I we're put up here on a business trip but we were not disappointed. We stayed in a junior suite which had a gorgeous garden view. It was huge! Lovely comfy bed, great bathroom with large bath and shower although my partner did say that although the shower was powerful it wasn't too hot. We had breakfast and dinner both of which were divine. I loved that breakfast had so much choice. And lastly the staff, what a lovely, helpful and welcoming bunch of people. We were welcomed (quite late) by a lovely woman with short hair and glasses and having been to another hotel previously and been treated rather poorly she really set up our stay well! Thank you! She was funny, patient, smiled and informed us of every possible amenity we might want or need including use of the spa facilities. Staff when dining were also very happy and polite and when I checked out the girl was also extremely polite and helpful, ordering me a taxi into the city centre very swiftly. Overall a lovely, modern hotel and spa which I would recommend to anyone. Thank you.

• Stayed December 2014
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

We had a good with Amazon local for 3 nights at £159. So for this price, we had a pleasant stay! The room we were in has been recently refurbished with a modern twist. The room was really big, we had a parking view. We asked for a quiet one as we were travelling with our 4 months boy and had to say that was the case. Bed is comfy, overall experience on room was good. However restaurant cuisine is really low standard, nothing impressive at all from the steak we had to the chips that was really not that good. I would recommend to avoid as much as possible. Even the cesar salad we ordered from room service was not with a cesar dressing and the veggie soup was worse than the soup from most supermarket brand....
Moreover service at reception was not great, asked where to go for walk in the area and the girl was not able to recommend any. Did my search in the Internet instead and could recommend plenty now. I think overall the staff seem pretty young and even if they tried their best... Could improve with additional training to help them perform better in their role in my opinion. Finally, managed to get a 30mn facial in the spa that was fully booked, they should keep a few spot for the hotel guests, you want to be able to use the spas when you go in an hotel spa (and you usually don't have time to plan this ahead of time.) they tried to charge 35, where price on the website was 30. So check price ahead!! Best thing, I would say was the swimming pool+ jacuzzi with the Roman style that was alright. (Except they don't accept children between 11 and 3.30 so you know ;-) I don't think we will come back if we are in the area.

Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Felixstowe, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Since my last visit (some 20 years ago) the hotel has grown, even overgrown to the extent that the idyllic 'hideaway' setting has somehow been lost. Even so, the reception staff could not have been more helpful. The bar was understaffed on the Sunday lunchtime before Christmas, and with a wedding reception going on as well. One over pressed barmaid and 3 or 4 deep the whole length of the bar. Our room in the older part of the hotel was pleasant enough but the creaking floorboards really do need attention, as do those in the next room as well. Never mind, a great night's sleep and a first class breakfast at a very attractive weekend rate. Sadly, I didn't have time to use the leisure facilities.

Room Tip: Maybe the newer part of the hotel is preferable to the original.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Been to Sketchley Grange Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!