“Groupon spa day deal” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Hinckley
Solihull, England, United Kingdom
“Groupon spa day deal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

I am quite surprised at some of the negative feedback on here. We visited on a groupon deal and were welcomed by a friendly team of staff who showed us to the coffee lounge for our complimentary drink and explained all the facilities etc. following this we were given towels/robes and shown to the changing rooms, which were clean and spacious. The pool area was big, with roman pillars and clean and tidy. The loungers surrounding the pool were very comfortable. My husband and I who attend many spa days around the country, thoroughly enjoyed this one, coming away very relaxed. The pool was just the right temperature, jacuzzi maybe a tad on the hot side but very much needed. Sauna and steam room available. Once showered and changed we had treatments booked, with great choice available we had full body massages, in a room together. The girls were very good, friendly and left us completely relaxed. I highly recommend the spa and leisure area. We popped into the hotel lounge for a sandwich and this wasn't the best, bread was quite dry and the whole thing pretty tasteless but hey, it filled a gap.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
ashby de la zouch
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We were booked into the luxury suite which was superb. Lovely bedroom although it had no window and lounge area was lovely although the layout of the furniture didn`t make the most of the lovely view from the only window. The bathroom was superb but only one small body wash and no conditioner. Discovered the restaurant was being refurbished and dinner would be served in bistro area which was no problem but there must have been a shortage of staff as once seated we waited ages to be asked if we wanted to order drinks. Starters and main course were nice but the sweet looked as though it had been plated ages ago.
We might have ordered coffee and more drinks but there were no staff around in the restaurant or the bar area. We decided to call it a night but the breakfast the next morning (which was extra) was really disappointing. Empty serving dishes were not replenished and choice was much reduced. Might be better after the refurbishment?

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed here for a total of 8 nights in early November whilst working in the local area. First impressions were positive as the grounds and outside of the hotel looked nice. I arrived late at night and initial check-in was painless with very friendly staff who were knowledgable and pleasant. I was allocated a room on the second floor. The room (207) was a little tired and needed an injection of life to spruce it up a little, the same can be said for the whole interior of all the corridors within the section of the hotel I was in. My main issue with the room was the flooring, I've never walked across a surface so creaky in all my life, to begin with it was bearable but by the end of the week it was torturous, replacement floorboards or a dose of WD40 is required. The gym facilities were very good with the pool, sauna and steam room also of a high standard. Generally the stay was pleasant but I noticed that in the evening when I returned from my day at work there were room service dishes left in the hallways, on one occasion a tray of half eaten food and empty wine bottles sat in the hall from 1630 until about 2130. At the end of the week I checked out for the weekend then returned on the Sunday evening to continue work. On arrival and check in I was allocated my room, upon opening the door I was greeted by an unmade bed, dirty laundry, used coffee cups and towels scattered around the room. Someone forgot to clean the room before I arrived! Oops! The duty manager was very apologetic and had someone clean it immediately whilst I waited as they had no other rooms, I was far from impressed given that my arrival was at midnight!! To conclude I would say it was decent enough with a few areas of concern, not worth the money though.

• Stayed November 2014
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Had a fantastic room, clean and tidy. Used the pool sauna and steam room which were all clean and good standard. Breakfast included in price which was very good. Lots of choice and was hot. We stayed for an evening meal. due to refurbishment the staff were run of their feet and the meal took over an hour to arrive. Otherwise food was excellent. All staff polite and helpful. Only downside was our room was above the party room and we had a bass noise from the dj going until 12pm both nights of stay. We were offered to move rooms. Maybe guests going to the parties should be placed into the rooms above the function rooms to avoid problems.

Room Tip: we had a suite which was excellent
Rickmansworth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My husband and I booked into the Sketchley Grange Hotel, it was on offer from Amazone, checked in fine, our room was huge and really nice, again the bathroom was well equipped and
big, I went down for a swim unfortuately the pool must have non hotel members, and it was full
with children you could not enjoy it at all it was horrible, jam packed and so noisey.
The main restaurant was closed so we had to eat in the other bar which was not a problem, until we came to order, the service was so slow, my meal came with no sauce which it should have had I asked the waiter for some and he said they were making it, it never arrived all evening, we
ordered desert but there was only one choice left, poor! breakfast was much the same, only one person serving and the help yourself buffet was not topped up, so you had to keep going back to actually get a full breakfast, again very poor, although the food was not too bad.

Leicester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stopped here for a works get together. On checking in we had nothing but problems so after 4 rooms we finally managed to get sorted out. The room was ok and finally clean ( 2 of the previous rooms had hairs in the bathroom threadbare carpets and holes in the floor that you literally fell in!)
The drink prices were average for a hotel. At breakfast we as 2 people were told we couldn't be seated and had to wait to be put through a door away from everyone and everything. The food was raw sausages and poached egg that we had to ask for by a man who really was agitated that he had to go to the kitchen to get an egg. The sausages looked ok until you cut into them and the service was very much like it was a problem to be there. One member of staff even asked us what the time was to reply with great only half an hour left! Really obviously didn't enjoy his job or want to be there.
Overall it was ok but please upgrade to a suite as the classic doubles are worse than the pits ( well the 2 rooms we were sent to were)
Would probably not stay here again in stopping in Hinckley :(

Room Tip: Choose a suite over a classic double well worth the upgrade to pay.
Southampton, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Booked as a relaxing spa break, but whole stay ruined by a function that went on until 1.15am. SO LOUD IN OUR ROOMS the rooms were vibrating. It was awful. Complained, no compensation at the time, and a week after leaving were eventually offered an upgraded room if we booked again. Told in no uncertain terms though "It's a function hotel - functions almost every weekend - we cant control the guests who were running through the corridors at 4am - just limited staff on at night" we wont be staying again

Room Tip: You must pay the premium for a room away from the functions - ask for a quiet room. we didn't kn...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Sketchley Grange Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!