“Great Wedding” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Hinckley
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great Wedding”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

We all had a fantastic time at our son's wedding on 22/2/2014 and all the staff were helpful and friendly. Food was good and served hot which was no mean feat with 140 'sit down' guests. Special thanks to Richard Gray who was the 'Master of Ceremony' for doing such a great job. Our room which was a superior double was a lovely room in the new part of the building, although I have been told that the rooms in the older part need some TLC. I liked the extra touch of having a separate room allocated for breakfast for the 30 or so wedding guests who stayed the night. Food and service at breakfast was also very good, Thank you to all concerned.

Room Tip: Have been told the rooms in the 'new' part of the building are better than those in the'...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
GMSketchleyGrange, Manager at Sketchley Grange Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Dear Nigel

Thank you for the kind review. It was a pleasure to have your family wedding here and we look forward to seeing you again in the future

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
leicester
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

Room 156 was lovely; clean, spacious with a bath and separate walk in shower. The facilities were reasonable but there was only one pack of biscuits and one hot chocolate between two of us. I was also expecting 2 beds as this is what I had requested on booking. There was only one but fortunately it was king size so wasn't too bad sharing with a friend. A cocktail list would be good or at least staff who knew how to make them behind the bar. The breakfast was quite nice, had to ask for tea, coffee and toast. It would have been nice to have been offered this. Also I missed out on an alternative to scrambled egg as there was no staff at the buffet as I went up. Overall I enjoyed the stay, it was a bargain deal.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Nicola

Thanks for your review and we are glad you had a nice time at the hotel. We have taken your feedback and distributed it to the relevant departments for future development.
Edinburgh
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Visited this hotel in February and quickly realised that there are modernised rooms and unmodernised rooms. Unfortunately I was given an unmodernised room (the majority of the rooms) and in the first room I was offered the floor tiles in the bathroom were so smashed that they would have cut my feet. I was then offered a 'family room' which had a double and a single bed. The double bed mattress was so knackered that I slept in the single bed - thank goodness I a single visitor!
The bathroom was tired and tatty and there was a cobweb that stayed in my window sill for the three nights of my stay.
The 'Spa' had stained walls in the pool area and the Jacuzzi was gritty.
Staff were very nice.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a modernised room!!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Dear Bedlam

I am sorry to hear you didn't have a great stay with us. I am concerned your mattress wasn't up to standard as we do check them regularly and seldom get complaints about them. Should you wish to discuss further then please get in touch
Oxford, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

I did not realize this type of hotel still existed. The room was soulless, lit by fluorescent lights, cold tiled floors and harsh plain décor. The beds were hard with equally unforgiving foam pillows - I did not sleep well. The bedside lamp didn't work and was not fixed despite assurances that it would be. The restaurant has no character. The menu came on a photocopied piece of A4 paper and was basic. We waited nearly an hour to get our meal and when it came it was very substandard fare. The hotel appears to be staffed with well intentioned but inexperienced school leavers. I am not one for complaining but I just had to write this. I will not return.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Mark

I am very concerned to hear you had a bad stay with us. We take pride on making sure our guests have the best experience possible. I appreciate that we should have had the lamp fixed ASAP and apologise for the distress it caused. Whilst decor is a certainly a question of personal choice should you want to discuss this further then please contact me at the hotel.
northamptonshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

We visited Sketchley on a two night deal and what great value Our room was a junior suite and was fabulous very large . We had every thing we wanted The super king size bed was comfortable and we had a good nights sleep. the bathroom large with bath and shower . staff were very friendly and efficient nothing was to much trouble. we made use of the spa facilities the pool is good along with the sauna and jacuzzi.A lovely relaxing time
I would certainly recommend a visit

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Knight

Thank you for a really positive review, we do take pride on making sure all our guests have a great time and our contemporary rooms get a lot of positive feedback.
Thank you once again and we look forward to hopefully welcoming you again soon
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Just celebrated my hen weekend with 13 friends at this wonderful hotel and spa. Everything about the hotel was spotlessly clean and the staff were incredibly attentive and looked after us well throughout our stay, paying particularly attention to our need for copious amounts of tea, coffee and toast at breakfast yesterday morning when the majority of us were feeling a little worse for wear!

Great value for money - we paid £75 each and for this got full use of the spa for two days, evening meal, overnight accommodation and breakfast. The evening meal with gorgeous - lots of choice and yummy. The spa itself was lovely and clean and those of us who had treatments were more than happy.

Drinks were reasonably priced for a hotel of this quality which was a pleasant surprise. We had a lovely bar lunch on Saturday which was also a good price.

The only negative comment I would make is that we weren't made aware that if we wanted to use the spa facilities on the 2nd day we needed to go in before check-out. The deal included use of the spa until 4pm on day two. This meant that those in my party who were healthy enough to want to use the spa yesterday had to pay to go in after 11.30am if they'd not entered earlier. However, this is a minor detail and didn't detract from the enjoyment of our stay. I would just suggest that this is made clear to people.

Would recommend this hotel to anyone and will definitely be back!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Michele

Thank you for the great review and the feedback. We have taken this on board and look forward to welcoming you again soon
nottingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

After using the hotel for a business trip and receiving first class service, I recommended this hotel for a spa hen weekend, 14 ladies and again the hotel was first class, food is excellent, staff are friendly and the facilities are perfect.
I would use this hotel again and recommend to all.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Princess

Thank you for your kind words, it is much appreciated. We are glad you had a great stay and look forward to seeing you again soon

Been to Sketchley Grange Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!