“good wee takeaway and restaurant” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
glasgow
“good wee takeaway and restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

good Indian. We just used it for a takeaway and it was fine but I thought their oil was too dark - could have done with clean oil in those fryers!

Visited September 2013

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great tastes, great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Tried this restaurant for the first time last night and it was so good that I'm going there again tonight! The Tandoori Mixed Grill was excellent as was the garlic nan bread. Unusually I had an 'old fashioned' prawn cocktail for a starter which was particularly good too.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Inverness
“Good hot curry”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

Ate here recently as part of a party of seven. Overall it was quite good.

I felt the starter was kind of average but the main curries were pretty good. Maybe if I was comparing to top class in Aberdeen I'd give it an average but since its Lerwick and it was genuinely OK I'd give it four stars.

On a note of caution - the curries are on the hot side to what you might be used to but tasty.

Value was excellent and I had to double check the bill to see if we had not been undercharged.

Service was a little patchy but overall was OK. The staff were friendly throughout.

I'd eat here again if in Lerwick.

Visited August 2013
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

One great Indian restaurant. Don't be fooled by the looks of the place; inside or out. The food is amazing. My love affair with this place started on a trip to Shetland about 14 years ago when the owner saw my wife and I looking at the menu outside one Sunday afternoon as he was locking up the restaurant. He proceeded to open the place just us.This turned out to be the first of many visits. The meal was fantastic.This July was our first visit in many years but I needn't have worried. The quality was still the same. I love the pakura and no one does the Chicken rogan josh like they do. I dined with family and everyone raved about their food. The staff are also very friendly and courteous. It never ceases to amaze me that Lerwick still has one of the best Indian restaurants anywhere.

Visited July 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“A good hot curry!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I quite like Indian food and the Raba is good, couldn't complain about the service, the waiters are pleasant and explained anything we were unsure of on the menu, the meal itself was about right for the money we paid, I had a lamb madras which was on the hot side compared with others, but I thoroughly enjoyed it, if visiting Shetland again I'd return

• Visited July 2013