“Great way to see Orkney” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Orkney Aspects Tours provide private guided tours and small group shore excursions of the Orkney Islands. All the tours are individually planned to reflect the guests interests and the time they have available.Orkney Aspects Tours are open all year.Get more from your Orkney visit by taking a personal guided tour.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Midway, Utah
23 attraction reviews
“Great way to see Orkney”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Instead of booking 2 tours through the cruise ship, I was able to do a whole day tour which covered everything I wanted to see. I was impressed with our guide's knowledge and I thoroughly enjoyed everything including lunch! No need for large bus loads and having to return to the ship to take a second tour would have been silly yet necessary to see all the archaeological sites and I got a great tour of the cathedral this way too!

Visited June 2014

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Ottawa, Ontario
4 attraction reviews
“Excellent tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

We were lucky enough to book a private tour with Pat Stone of Orkney Aspects for our day ashore at Kirkwall in June. She had no problem customizing the tour to include the Italian Chapel and she organized our day so that we avoided the crowds from the cruise ship tour buses. In fact, we were alone at the Ring of Brodgar and the Italian Chapel, unheard of for such popular locations. Pat is extremely knowledgable and enthusiastic about the Orkney Islands, its history and all of the sites that we visited. The lunch she organized was great. She knew everyone, wherever we went. We heartily recommend Orkney Aspects.

Montclair, Virginia
“Great way to Tour the Orkneys”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Four of us just completed a 2-day tour of the Mainland last week. Pat was wonderful-not only very knowledgeable about the sites, but she has a passion for the island that is contagious.
I definitely got more from this tour than I would have from visiting the sites on my own. The other advantage is that we chose what we wanted to see- the tour was tailor made for us. In addition we stopped at two very nice places for lunch. I'd definitely recommend Pat, and should I be so fortunate as to visit the Orkneys again, would book another tour.

Bellevue, Washington
“Fascinating tours of Orkney”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

I love doing research about places we travel to so had never hired a private guide before--it seemed extravagant and unnecessary. In the first ten minutes of touring with Pat Stone we understood what we had been missing! She is deeply knowledgeable about 6,000 years of history on Orkney and offers that history in the most engaging way--she is articulate, smart, humorous.

The best guides don't just know the information. They plan and present their stories and science. Pat is a master of this. The three days of touring sped by...and I haven't even mentioned the tasty food, the local people (she knows everyone), and the daily stories of island life. I cannot recommend Pat highly enough. Do not visit Orkney without booking at least a day with her!

Visited May 2014
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Can't think how we could have done it - without....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Just returned from Orkney - used Orkney Aspects Private Tours for 2 of the 5 days of our trip.
Can't think how we could have done it without these tours - especially without a car. The guide was extremely knowledgeable about everything on Mainland (and probably is on the other islands as well) - we did what we could on our own in Kirkwall at her suggestion - then took the tour - learned soooo much! Both about neolithic Orkney and about the current lifestyle. She gave excellent suggestions for meals and for hotels/B&B's. Don't go to Orkney without booking these tours!

Visited May 2014