“Terrific trip” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Orkney Aspects Tours provide private guided tours and small group shore excursions of the Orkney Islands. All the tours are individually planned to reflect the guests interests and the time they have available.Orkney Aspects Tours are open all year.Get more from your Orkney visit by taking a personal guided tour.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
“Terrific trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

Second time round took guided tours of the islands with Pat and had a terrific time meeting the locals, seeing the sights and sampling the local hospitality. Thoroughly recommended.

Cheddleton
“Archaeology, genealogy and more.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

I found Orkney Aspects on the internet while searching for information for my first trip to the Orkney Islands. After speaking with Pat on the telephone I felt reassured that I could achieve all I wanted to with her help.
Our plans made and itinerary sorted, the first of our two days arrived only to be blighted by the high winds affecting the ferry service to Rousay. No problem for the dedicated and determined Pat Stone! Knowing that this was the most important outing of my stay, Pat had juggled other commitments and rebooked the ferry for another day.
During our two days together I was impressed by Pat's tremendous knowledge of the Isles, her knowledge and conjecture of the history and obvious pride in being part of such a fantastic community. Her research prior to my arrival enabled me to achieve my genealogical quest and more.
Pat was the perfect companion, friendly, funny, sensitive and informative and I would highly recommend her to anyone visiting Orkney whatever their interests.
Pat, I can't thank you enough for making my stay so wonderful.

Visited April 2014
Staffs
6 attraction reviews
“Pat Stone, guide par excellence.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

We experienced a wonderful day with Pat. She brought radiance and sunshine into a grey day. She picked us up from our hotel in her spacious, comfortable vehicle. Her warm, relaxed demeanour endeared her to us straightaway.
We only had a day with Pat but her outstanding organisational skills and vast knowledge of the culture, people and history (both ancient and modern) ensured that we learned a huge amount about all things Orcadian.
She has an extensive wealth of information to share about the lives of Orcadians past and present. Her enthusiasm for archaeology and first-hand practical experience, combined with her sense of humour, made for an enjoyable and fun day.
Had we been able to we would gladly have spent another day in Pat's company. She did, however, advise of other places to visit in our remaining time on Orkney and has sent us links to websites since, ensuring we can keep up- to- date with Island archaeological activities.
Should we return to Orkney we would definitely spend another day with Pat and would unreservedly recommend her to other visitors.
Thank you, Pat for the most memorable day of our visit to Scotland.

Visited April 2014
Lake Macquarie, Australia
5 attraction reviews
“Ancient History Brought to Life”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

Pat was a fantastic guide who spent a day showing and detailing to use the stone age history of the Orkneys. Pat is nearly part of the culture with her extensive knowledge of this wonderful place.
Flexible to add a couple of items to the itinerary she had planned out she was waiting at the ferry terminal to begin our wonderful days outing. We look forward to spending a little more time with pat next time we get to this part of Scotland.

Visited August 2013
3 attraction reviews
“Great tour with kids”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

We spent a day with Pat in June and it was worth the investment. She did a super job of catering to our kids (7,8,10) and keeping them engaged. They still talk about some of the history that Pat taught them. We got so much more out of our stay than if we had gone it alone. A highlight for the kids was a visit to Barony Mill where they got to start the water powered mill. I bought some beremeal and made some tasty scones ! Cannot recommend Pat's tours more highly. Would love to spend 2 days next time.

Visited June 2013